infalliblemind
openminded101

Psychedelic drugs can have benefits.

infalliblemind

Pro

This is a debate about psychedelic drugs. I believe that using psychedelic substances can have many benefits. Psychedelic drugs include Psilocybe mushrooms, LSD, DMT, Peyote, Salvia divinorum etc. This is not a debate about whether or not the benefits outweigh the risks. I'm simply stating that use of psychedelic drugs in a controlled environment can have benefits. Feel free to start you're argument in the first round, seeing as I will end the debate with my first response.
openminded101

Con

You haven't specifically stated what those benefits are. It is true that psychedelic drugs have been used throughout human history, but you must bear in mind, the distortion of reality it represents to the human mind. Even if it is a controlled environment, it still doesn't ignore the fact the emotions the individual goes through. These drugs can produce rapid emotion swings on the brain, that may not be safe. It depends on the individual, but it can cause severe feelings of despair and paranoia. Individual may become suicidal depending on the drug and dosage. You may experience persisting flashbacks that will not stop. Drugs have a major impact on neurotransmitters and the nerve cells. Studies are still being done on long term effects, but as of now i have no reason to think it has benefits at all. Its completely altering the basic functions of the brain and the human body. Luckily it isn't addictive, but can have severe effects long term and short term depending on the individual. Short term can mean impaired memory, or psychiatric illness. These drugs may have a impact on severe anxiety. Like again, long term permanent effects are still being studied. But as far as benefits? That wouldn't be a possibility.
infalliblemind

Pro

infalliblemind forfeited this round.
openminded101

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited. I won the argument!
infalliblemind

Pro

infalliblemind forfeited this round.
openminded101

Con

You have to give some kind of feedback or something.
infalliblemind

Pro

infalliblemind forfeited this round.
openminded101

Con

openminded101 forfeited this round.
Posted by Fox-McCloud 3 years ago
Fox-McCloud
Please, define 'benefits' and 'can'.
Also I feel this resolution lacks adequate contention to make a good debate.