Meganrihanne1992x
NukeTheJuice

Psychic ability defined

Con Tied Pro

Meganrihanne1992x

Con

My debate is exactly what it says,

My view on psychic ability is baiscally it depends on how someone would define bieng "psychic"

Now first objective i would like to state is that in my opinion i would
call "psychic ability" more of a intuition Power of instinct, i think its more psychological than having a "sixth sense"
For the basic reason.. that how would anyone be able to tell coincidence by spiritual experience and what is mind tricks?
Are psychics sugar coating us with it ..Or do people believe in a higher power?

my opinon? there is no such thing as a psychic ability.
NukeTheJuice

Pro

First off i would like to thank my opponet for this oppritunity. This is a very intersting topic, and challenging to debate, but i will use my skillz and my theories to the best of my abilitys. As well all know, nothing can absolutely be proven.

I will be arguing the Pro or Aff. side of this debate. I want to wish luck to my opponet, and i hope we can both learn something new.

To start, i would like to list and define six forms of Psychic Abilities:

Clairvoyance
A person with this type of ability can see things not apparent to others, like receiving a vision of events or a visual impression about a person. This ability is often combined with others and is the most common.

Clairsentience
This is the ability to receive impression that are more feeling in nature. Psychics associated with this ability are called empaths because they can feel the emotions of others.

Clairaudience
This is the ability to hear things that are outside the normal hearing range. This can be persons who have passed on or a spirit guide. A famous Clairaudient is John Edwards.

Telekinesis (or Psychokinesis)
This is the ability to move objects without physical intervention. This is a very rare ability and even the greats of this ability are questioned in terms of authenticity. One of those people is Uri Geller, a world renowned spoon bender. To the disbelief of skeptics though, he's shown that he can bend metal objects, such as spoons and forks, from great distances and in several locations. And even more strange, is that people who are near him or can hear him while he does his bending can have this ability temporarily.

Psychometry
This is the technique used by psychics by which they pick up energy patterns from a physical object. We have our own electromagnetic properties and can leave these impressions, like fingerprints, on objects. A psychic using this technique will have subtle enough sensitivity to pick up those energy fields. This is why psychics like to use objects that were a "favorite" of the person in question, like a hat, ring, or something that only they generally touched. When other people touch objects, they too leave behind their energy imprint which can dilute the reading. Another example of psychometry are people who use Tarot cards or other tools of divination. They place their hands on the cards, and let the subconscious mind send energy signals back through the hand. This is not to be confused with electrokinesis which is the ability to produce and expel electricity from our own body.

Remote Viewing
This is the ability to see, hear or feel target locations unknown to the viewer. This was established by the military and they wished to differentiate it from the label of 'psychic' because it followed strict protocols and the target was often blind (meaning unknown). Ịt can involve all of the psychic senses and is associated with the term bi-location which means the viewer can actually experience a hyper reality, as if they were there on location with the target. Some advanced viewers have even claimed that they can interact with the target, such as swimming in a lake, having a conversation with a person (dead or alive) and so on.

[ http://www.psychic-experiences.com... ]

*The point of that was to show that there is some backing behind this "theory" its not just a rumor people have made up, these are sicenficicaly proven to be a possibility*

Second, i will list certian jobs psychics may have:

Psychic counsellors, who help people and give them advice and guidance on issues in their lives;
Psychic healers, who heal people in a variety of ways, sometimes using crystals or laying their hands on someone, or massage, or alternative therapies such as acupuncture;
Phone psychics, who speak to customers on chat lines. They can work on specific areas such as money or love, and use tarot cards or different methods of doing a reading;
Psychic readers, who give their customers readings using tarot cards, or reading their palms, or their preferred method of working;
Parapsychologists, who study paranormal phenomena;
Mediums, who contact the dead;
Astrologers, who write horoscopes for magazines and newspapers.
Qualifications and training
To be a psychic counsellor it is usually a good idea to have some sort of counselling qualification. Likewise to be a psychic healer it is good idea to have training in an alternative therapy such as reiki, shiatsu massage or acupuncture. This will help instil confidence in your abilities. There are no formal qualifications to be a psychic; however there are courses and workshops at the College of Psychic Studies in London. For psychics who work online or over the phone, the companies running the websites or the phone lines usually have a disclaimer saying that their service is for entertainment only and they do not guarantee their employees' psychic abilities.

It is possible to study parapsychology which is the investigation of paranormal phenomena. A useful qualification for this would be a degree in psychology or physics. There isn't much funding for research available so most parapsychologists usually get a job in another discipline where they have access to the tools they need for research, and study parapsychology and run experiments in their own time.

For people wishing to become psychic readers or mediums it is a good idea to have some sort of training. Look for courses or workshops being run in your area. Sometimes a local psychic may be prepared to give you training. To develop powers of mediumship, the best place to start would be at your local Spiritualist church as they would give you encouragement and assistance.

Finding a psychic job
Most general job sites would not have jobs for psychics advertised on them. Jobs for psychic readers are sometimes advertised in the back of magazines and newspapers, or try looking on websites about psychics.

Spiritualist churches have meetings for their members and like to book mediums to talk to the audience and demonstrate their powers. If you are a medium, this would be a good way to get work as often people may ask you for a private sitting. Most places have a Spiritualist church these days as it is very popular. Some churches also book other types of psychics as well for talks and meetings.
[ http://paranormal.about.com... ]

*This once again proves that Psychic Abilites are a possibility because we make careers upon them*
Meganrihanne1992x

Con

Meganrihanne1992x forfeited this round.
NukeTheJuice

Pro

I will wait for a Rebuttal in the 3rd round.
<3
Meganrihanne1992x

Con

Meganrihanne1992x forfeited this round.
NukeTheJuice

Pro

It's obvious that this is a difficult debate, but none the less, I believe it is frowned upon to forfeit two rounds, therefore all voters should have no other option but to vote Aff. These chain of actions ruins the ideal of education, and I hope that as the voters, you see it too.
Posted by NukeTheJuice 8 years ago
NukeTheJuice
I took this debate as a fun idea.
Fun deabte.
Good ideas and Learning new information.
So if i can get feed back, i would most appreciate it.
Posted by Emorose 8 years ago
Emorose
That is a sad story though, about the tax payer's money.
Posted by Emorose 8 years ago
Emorose
LOL
Brian_eggeston, I have no PROOF, and seeing as how I've seen mostly people who have a negative opinion of the pro side, I don't think I'd have much of a chance.

I'll debate pretty much anything, as long as I think I can win.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Emorose, you should take this up, it's a debate no! a court of law!

Besides, it seems to be females that are more in tune with supernatural phenonomen, perhaps it is just that us men are not broad-minded enough to recognise things that we cannot logically explain?
Posted by Emorose 8 years ago
Emorose
I find the whole thing hilarious. I know real psychics, but I can't prove that so I wont take up the debate.

BTW it really is more of a sixth sense, like a feeling of what will happen.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Here in England, a single mum living on state benefits believed there was an evil spirit living in her house (which was provided for her by the local authority) after she heard some banging.

So she called the police and threatened to make her and her kids homeless unless the local authority paid for a psychic to come round and exorcise the property (at the taxpayers' expense, naturally).

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

Disgracefully, the local authority paid for a psychic (who happened to be a friend of the woman) to go round and "spiritually cleanse" the house!

If it were up to me, I'd of refused - and if she had carried out her threat to make her and her kids homeless because of a ghost, I'd have argued that she was clearly unfit to be a mother and have threatened to have her kids taken off her which would have meant that the taxpayer would no longer have a duty to house her and she would have to fend for herself on the streets.

I'm sure she'd have soon dropped her demands then!
Posted by RoyLatham 8 years ago
RoyLatham
I few years ago a psychic sued a medical office, claiming that a CT scan performed on her destroyed her psychic powers. The judge threw out the case, ruling that she should have known that would happen.
Posted by oceanix 8 years ago
oceanix
Seeing as how I can't respond to Meganrihanne1992x's message to me on her profile, I'll address that here. Megan, you stated that you believed that psychic ability was a farce. I stated that I supposed Pro would be arguing for a psychic ability. You are Con. Thus, shouldn't Pro argue against what you believe? All I stated was that Pro ought to debate that a psychic ability was real, in response to the confused comments below me. I'm not sure A) why you thought I made no sense, and B) were so incensed by my comment.
Posted by oceanix 8 years ago
oceanix
"my opinon? there is no such thing as a psychic ability."
I'm guessing Pro is supposed to debate that psychic abilities are real.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Don't worry, the opponent will be gifted with psychic powers and will know what Meganrihanne is thinking of and even be able to predict her next argument!

By the way, if I had psychic powers, I wouldn't waste my time working in a little tent in a fairground, I'd predict the result of the 2.45 at Cheltenham and put all my money on the winner!

No, all those mediums, fortune-tellers, spiritualists etc. are just con-merchants that prey on the emotionally vulnerable, a bit like religious preachers actually.

Don't cross Gypsy Lee's palm with silver, that's what I say, if you really have money to waste, give it to charity.
Vote Placed by enso 7 years ago
enso
Meganrihanne1992xNukeTheJuiceTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 8 years ago
Danielle
Meganrihanne1992xNukeTheJuiceTied
Vote Placed by Maikuru 8 years ago
Maikuru
Meganrihanne1992xNukeTheJuiceTied
Vote Placed by NukeTheJuice 8 years ago
NukeTheJuice
Meganrihanne1992xNukeTheJuiceTied