hjayyyy
jlara00

Ptsd in soldiers is worse at home

hjayyyy

Pro

I believe PTSD is worse while the soldiers are home as to when they are out in the field. I would love to hear what everyone thinks or believes.
jlara00

Con

(First off I want to thank you for this debate even though I am most likely going to lose this)

A soldier in the field has way more stress and fear that could make his/her PTSD worse. Being at home they can get counseling and be with family. They can feel safe and not feel like their life is in danger constantly. It is a lot more comforting and relaxed at home then it is out there. PTSD is something that can cause you to black out and in the field that can put multiple people at risk. At home that soldier can get medical treatment and not risk getting shot while blacked out. To help cure it there are medicines and techniques. Relaxing and having stress management maybe even Psychoeducation can help. Many different types of therapies can help. A soldier can get more help at home then they can out in the field.
hjayyyy

Pro

hjayyyy forfeited this round.
jlara00

Con

I will keep this short sense my opponent couldn't even argue back this round.

In the comments I noticed that someone said that it would be nearly impossible to argue back because "post" is after they come back not while in the field. That is true but out in the field would make it worse for when they did come back and here they can at least get better medical attention then they would out there. My last argument I did say that I felt I was going to lose this because it is hard to respond to this and get voters on your side. With something like this I was doing research and there are so many ways to get help with PTSD. My opponent most likely has not had any experience in the field therefore would not know if it is worse there or when they come back. Think about it. They sleep over there (obviously) and they must have nightmares and things that no one has time to deal with because of everything going on around them. Short like I said and voters please keep in mind I am doing research and trying my hardest to respond to him without sounding like a jerk. I am also trying to make a point here. Thank you.
hjayyyy

Pro

hjayyyy forfeited this round.
jlara00

Con

jlara00 forfeited this round.
Posted by You_Are_Dumb 2 years ago
You_Are_Dumb
No kidding "Post", means after so after the war. So no one could come back with a good argument would nearly impossible, because it is Post not During war stress, during war stress is most likely very intense, that would be a better argument PTSD vs Wartime Stress.
Posted by usernamesareannoying 2 years ago
usernamesareannoying
Interesting.