ShabShoral
SolonKR

Public Displays of Affection are Immoral

ShabShoral

Pro

Standard rules. Also, the title really has "affection" as "affexion".
SolonKR

Con

*affection
ShabShoral

Pro

Babe, we've got to talk.

You seem to think that it's okay to say things like "You're the super duper best, sugar" when we're at formal dinners. You love to pinch my cheeks when we're at the mall. Last Thanksgiving you *licked my face* in front of my parents!

Now, dear, I'm not saying that I don't appreciate how much you love me. I know you do. You have the best intentions.

I just don't think you realise how embarrasing these things are, sometimes. Can you tone it down a bit?
SolonKR

Con

Mfw I expected an actual debate on this subject :/

1. Licking faces is weird.
2. I deny and disavow this.
3. Bailey's the only babe for me. Sorry :'(

Also, public displays of affection are super-duper cute. People holding hands, sharing a bond with each other, being true people in a sea of faces--is that not the fulfillment of human purpose?
ShabShoral

Pro

Dear, this is serious. Can't you act like it for once in your life?

1.) Yes, that's why we're having this talk... I wish you'd listen to me more often.

2.) I'm sure our friends and my family would say otherwise.

3.) Are you breaking up with me???

What the hell...

You can't handle a serious talk, so you just run away? Wow, REAL mature. Jesus, this is what I get for thinking you'd mature sooner or later.

You know what? Fine. Get out. I'll mail you your stuff.

Bitch.
SolonKR

Con

But this is my house...
Posted by ShabShoral 11 months ago
ShabShoral
Bailey, you CANNOT vote again.
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
whiteflame
True, I didn't realize this was a troll debate when I removed this vote. If she's inclined to vote again, missbailey8 is welcome to do so.
Posted by tejretics 11 months ago
tejretics
@Whiteflame

Troll debates do not require an RFD.
Posted by whiteflame 12 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: missbailey8// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Solon told me to vote for him, so as his obedient slave, I must abide.

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. The voter is required to provide some reason, based on the arguments given in the debate, for voting. Being asked to vote a certain way does not meet that requirement.
************************************************************************
Posted by ShabShoral 12 months ago
ShabShoral
Bailey - Reported for misogyny and insufficient rfd
Posted by Unstobbaple 12 months ago
Unstobbaple
@catdiss morality is an agreed code of conduct in a group for a specific goal (imo). There are an infinite number of moral codes that could call public displays of affection immoral.

In the U.S. I'd say it's a taboo. For many it's kind of gross to watch that lack of self control or maybe we're jealous because we're not at that early stage of a relationship where we just can't keep our hands off each other like others are. Personally, I don't like to see public displays because it's distracting and I don't like any affection unless I'm involved (I don't do hugs and yes, I'm no fun at parties). I'd say it's objectively not immoral based on social norms in the U.S.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Affection is not moral or immoral...So you are stuck with some sort of personal moral that could be anything.
Posted by missbailey8 1 year ago
missbailey8
Back off, Shab. He's mine.
Posted by HAwoman 1 year ago
HAwoman
Get your filthy public display of affection out of here, sinner!
Posted by ShabShoral 1 year ago
ShabShoral
love u babe *kisses you*