miloisqueer
theworldhasgonemad

Public Education on Homosexuality

theworldhasgonemad

miloisqueer

Pro

Hi! I'm here from your ever-growing forum topic "why is my kid being taught that gay is okay?". I find that the forum setting is not always the best place to get my ideas across, so I've decided to supply a debate on the issue. I'm of the opinion that homosexuality is just as natural and healthy as heterosexuality, and should be taught with the same acceptance and support in schools.

Definitions

Homosexuality--Attraction to the same sex.
Heterosexuality--Attraction to the opposite sex.
Natural--Something that appears in nature; Existing in or caused by nature.
Healthy--Normal and natural; promoting or conducive to good health.

Itinerary

Round 1--Acceptance.
Rounds 2-4--Arguments and rebuttals.
Round 5--Closing statements.

I hope to begin soon!
-Milo
theworldhasgonemad

Con

Thanks for providing the opportunity to discuss this profound topic.

In this debate I will be showing that there is no proof of any natural homosexuality.

I will also be showing that if children choose to engage in homosexual relationships, regardless of orientation, they will be subjecting themselves to not only an unhealthier lifestyle, but such a profoundly unhealthier lifestyle that it is criminal to be teaching our children that it is just as healthy.

Let the debate begin!
miloisqueer

Pro

miloisqueer forfeited this round.
theworldhasgonemad

Con

Hi Milo,

You can start this debate over if you want, in order to post your first argument. I will give you the benefit of hearing my opening thoughts, so that you can have your first argument knowing the angle I will be coming from.

I'm interested to hear any evidence you have that homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom.

Please keep in mind your definition of homosexuality - an attraction to the opposite sex.

I'm particularly interested to know what evidence there is that animals have any attractions that are similar to humans at all, given the difference in our brain functionality. If they did have attractions like we do, how would we even know? Do you think it's possible that there's no homophobia in the animal kingdom, because there is no attraction like humans have? So similarly, there's no natural level of the opposite feeling of repulsion?

My perception is that animals do things in order to satisfy their instincts. Most gay sex actually serves a purpose, usually as a function of domination, or to ascertain social status, or, eg, in the case of bonobos that sometimes do it to prevent fighting over food. What gay sex is there that actually occurs because of homosexuality, ie an attraction to the same sex? How do we know that it really is an attraction, and is not simply done to serve their instincts, or is not situational?

If there really is an attraction like humans have, at what levels does it occur in the animal kingdom?
miloisqueer

Pro

miloisqueer forfeited this round.
theworldhasgonemad

Con

theworldhasgonemad forfeited this round.
miloisqueer

Pro

miloisqueer forfeited this round.
theworldhasgonemad

Con

miloisqueer

Pro

miloisqueer forfeited this round.
theworldhasgonemad

Con

Posted by Dr.TurkeyBaster 1 year ago
Dr.TurkeyBaster
Being gay is not normal and I would never want my children taught that it's acceptable to be that way
Posted by theworldhasgonemad 1 year ago
theworldhasgonemad
Hi I'm really sorry to hear that. You can just start over again if you want?
Posted by miloisqueer 1 year ago
miloisqueer
I'd like to apologize for my missing the last argument. I recently had a family tragedy, and I haven't been on the website. I hope you'll forgive me. @theworldhasgonemad
Posted by Volkov 1 year ago
Volkov
Fail @ pro.
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 1 year ago
SirMaximus
miloisqueertheworldhasgonemadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited 4 rounds, but Con only forfeited 3 rounds. Therefore, Con wins conduct.