MisterDeku
Benshapiro

Public Formum Debate is better than Policy debate

MisterDeku

MisterDeku

Pro

= Full Resolution =
Public Forum debate has a greater potential academic benefit to students than Policy debate.

= Disambiguation =
This debate will be about the academic benefits of these two debate formats. Pro will be arguing that PF has greater potential to help students learn, while Con will be arguing that Policy debate has greater potential to help students learn.

= First round =
This round is acceptance and clarity only. If you the as the contender decide to accept this debate, you may only post the phrase 'I Accept.' in the your first round. Anything else will constitute a full forfeiture of all 7 points in the debate.

If there is a need for clarity, it should be inquired about in the comments prior to accepting the debate.

I repeat, Con should only post the phrase 'I Accept.' in his first round. I will add clarifications as necessary.

= Rules =
1. No framework arguments. This is includes definition (semantic) debates, arguments about the rules of debate in general and arguments concerning an opponent's interpretation of the resolution. Keep the arguments directly related to the resolution.

2. Keep debate jargon to a minimum. If the jargon can be understood in the context of an argument then it's acceptable, but don't use debate lingo in place of explaining an argument.

3. The BOP is shared between the Pro and the Con. Con may not simply refute Pro's arguments, he or she must provide their own arguments as well.

= Definitions =
Public Forum Debate // PF // PFD: '...a style of debate practiced in National Forensic League, National Catholic Forensic League competitions, and many other State and Major leagues across the United States.'

Policy Debate // CX: a form of debate competition in which teams of two advocate for and against a resolution that typically calls for policy change by the United States federal government.
Benshapiro

Con

Your evidence of a public forum debate is void because your debate centers on a "public formum debate". Therefore the resolution is void and cannot be proven.
MisterDeku

Pro

Sorry Ben, but if you had just waited until the next round to point out my embarrassing mistake, you would have had an easy win. But since you broke the rules the debate is over.

I don't know how I could have made it any clearer to just post the phrase 'I Accept.'.
Benshapiro

Con

If you post another word you immediately forfeit.
MisterDeku

Pro

I'm not sure where Con is getting these rules from, but he's already lost the debate. At this point it doesn't matter what either of us post.
Anyway, vote Pro!
Benshapiro

Con

You posted and have willingly forfeited this debate. Vote con!
MisterDeku

Pro

Again, I'm not sure where my opponent is getting his rules from. Con doesn't have the power to just make up new rules because he didn't follow the ones which were already in place.

Vote pro!
Benshapiro

Con

The rules were declared in section 1. Vote for me!
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
I misinterpreted this debate as being one of veganism v. freeganism when in reality it was debating the morality of both sides. As such, I need time to revise my knowledge of both ideas.
Posted by MisterDeku 3 years ago
MisterDeku
Yes, I re-did this debate. But it was originally with you. Now please answer my question.
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
I asked a question.
Posted by MisterDeku 3 years ago
MisterDeku
Then why did you accept the first debate?
Posted by RedDebater 3 years ago
RedDebater
Did you not already do this debate with a previous person? Also, I need to brush up more on freeganism before doing a debate with it.
Posted by MisterDeku 3 years ago
MisterDeku
Why did you decline?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
MisterDekuBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: People like con (whomever he's an alt account for), are why I use the Apply In Comments bit now. Conduct: Not a mere slip, but outright disregarding the spirit of the debate. Argument: Then whining about it, and trying (poorly) to mislead the voters. Sources: Since con threw out the first round being acceptance only, that introduces pro's R1 links as if they were sources.
Vote Placed by Jegory 3 years ago
Jegory
MisterDekuBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON broke the rules set in R1; all seven points go to PRO.
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
rross
MisterDekuBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sigh. Yes, the rules were clear in section 1. It's an annoying way to win a debate, though.
Vote Placed by WilliamofOckham 3 years ago
WilliamofOckham
MisterDekuBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well this was a sad little debate that was hijacked by con.