Grizzman2012
Zaradi

Public Nudity should be allowed

Zaradi

Grizzman2012

Pro

I think that people should be allowed to walk around naked. We where all born naked so why not walk on this earth naked. I also think that women should have the right to show their breast and other body parts in public as well as men should have the right to show their penis and freely masturbate in public. If u agree feel free to comment.

Zaradi

Con

I accept. I'll be arguing for why public nudity should not be allowed. The BOP is split between us.

I await pro's case.
Grizzman2012

Pro

1 is public nudity offensive? No.
2 Should people run from people who are in the nude? No.
3 Should people have the right to walk in public naked? Yes.
People should be able to be allowed to walk in public naked they are not harming anyone they are not out to rape anyone male or female they just want to be able to walk in public nude and in my book that's completely harmless man and woman should have the right to show their parts to the world women are proud to want to show their breast and other body parts as well as a man wanting to show his.
Zaradi

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate. I'll start with a few brief points for my side, and then respond to some of my opponent's arguments. With that out of the way, let's begin.

Contention One: Distraction

Imagine you're driving down the road. You're driving and just minding your own business and then all of a sudden TITTIES. Just some gorgeous babe walking down the sidewalk completely nude and she's got the nicest rack you've ever seen (this is presupposing your straight. It still works the same with gay people except it can be a guy with a big d*ck). What are you gonna do? You're going to stare of course! Of course since you're staring at the chick's breasts instead of the road, you're more likely to crash and not only kill or hurt yourself, but kill or hurt other people driving. Public nudity is distracting and thus should not be allowed.

Contention 2: not professional.

If we make nudity allowable in public, people are going to get the bright idea to go to work in the nude. Despite the comedy factor of watching people walk into a law firm naked, let's think about this. How seriously would you take your preferred newscaster if (s)he did a cast completely naked? How seriously would you take Obama if he was waving his black junk around while trying to give a press conference? Our nation would end up as one giant troll and it would be all chaos and disorder and the world would end on December 21st, 2012.

Contention 3: Economic impact.

If we let people be nude, they won't be wearing as many clothes. This is going to set the clothing industry back a ways and cause people to lose jobs, since the demand for clothes will drop. Losing jobs = bad for the economy.

Now, I'll go to my opponent's arguments.

The first point my opponent raises is that public nudity isn't offensive to people. This is clearly false. People of religious beliefs or conservative ideology would be offended if people just started strutting their stuff down the street. People will be offended.

My opponent's second point makes no sense, as us being scared of naked people isn't a point in raising. It's relevance to the round is nonexistent.

My opponent's third point is de-bunked by my first and third points. Nudity would harm people.

With that it's an easy negative vote.
Grizzman2012

Pro

I say that my opponent is so wrong i think that people who are against public nudity are insecure about their own body's. In fact if they where to look at themselves in the mirror naked the would be blessed with what god gave them and show that naked body off male or female. Stop hiding and come out what have people got to loose if we make this legal then u would see that showing yourself nude in public would be no big deal.
Zaradi

Con

This is going to be an incredibly short round seeing as my opponent drops literally everything from the last round extend my contentions and responses to his case. Don't let him try to defend his original case in the next round since he already dropped it and conceded it. Same thing goes with my arguments.

To respond to my opponent's argument over insecurity:

1. Irrelevant. How we feel about something doesn't factor into logical debate dealing with facts and rational thoughts.
2. Even if it was relevant to the debate, at best it would be a moot point because how comfortable one feels about their body doesn't correlate to allowing public nudity, since those not comfortable with their bodies wouldn't go nude anyway.

Therefore his most recent argument can safely be ignored.

Easy con vote is easy.
Grizzman2012

Pro

Due to my opponents regard against public nudity it's not his fault that good points where made here in this debate public nudity should be allowed for both male and female alike. so yes my opponent is right about one thing it is an easy vote and easy vote to allow public nudity.
Zaradi

Con

First debate I've actually been able to complete from my phone.

My opponent has dropped all arguments against his case and for my case. Extend them. Easy way to vote for the voters:

Args - Self explanatory. I refuted all of his. He never refuted mine.
Conduct - Tie, unless you consider the blatant ignoring of opponent's arguments to be a conduct violation.
S/G - Tie
Sources - Tie

Vote con.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Wow. Talk about a late votebomb.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Alright then, send the challenge.

Resolved: Public Nudity should be legal

8k character limits. 4 rounds (first acceptance). No semantics, no trickery, just straight-up debating. 2 week voting period as well.
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
Sure.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Grizz - Lolno. As much as I don't mind padding my win/loss record, it's boring.

Bossy, are you actually being serious about this? Because I can and will treat this as a serious debate if you wanna go there.
Posted by Grizzman2012 4 years ago
Grizzman2012
Women walking in the nude and their titties bouncing is not a distraction at all. Maybe in ur mind it is but to everyone else it's not male and female should be allowed to walk naked in public if u want another debate about this then i say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
Want to debate it?
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
@ Jordan:

So you're telling me just because public nudity becomes the norm that males are going to lose their involuntary vascular reaction to want 'dem titties whenever a nice pair bounces by them? It's something that we can grow accustomed to seeing, I agree, but it's also enough of a distraction to potentially cause wrecks. Point would still stand. I'll agree that point 2 was a little ridiculous (if he had actually refuted my arguments I probably would've kicked it), but whenever you're taking something out and replacing it with nothing economically, that's pretty permanent. Point 3 would still stand.
Posted by Jordan56 4 years ago
Jordan56
What happens when public nudity becomes allowed and it is standard? How will you defend your points then, Zaradi. Obviously driving down the road and seeing some naked breast won't have the same effect because your immune to it. Just curious.
Posted by Jordan56 4 years ago
Jordan56
This debate would have been interesting if pro argued against what con said instead of dropping all his arguments. Zaradi had some very interesting points in Round 2 which con totally ignored.
Posted by Grizzman2012 4 years ago
Grizzman2012
Yes i do lets do it please comment back and give me ur input on public nudity.
Vote Placed by Calki288008 4 years ago
Calki288008
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't like to be told how to vote con so there!
Vote Placed by hghppjfan 4 years ago
hghppjfan
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both of you did a great job, but pro won this one because seemed like he tried his best more (no offense to Zaradi.)
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
famer
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: All of Con's arguments were dropped.
Vote Placed by williamcarter 4 years ago
williamcarter
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Because the points were valid.
Vote Placed by Double_R 4 years ago
Double_R
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro only made two contentions and failed to substantiate either of them. Con refuted both of those contentions and made a few of his own which Pro completely ignored. No Brainer.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro dropped all arguments and told me to go look at myself naked in a mirror. I am now emotionally scarred for life, I now need to go to the doctor to see why one of my balls are bigger then the other two.
Vote Placed by Jordan56 4 years ago
Jordan56
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con. Pro dropped all con's arguments. Con stated why nudity should not be allowed and explained the drastic events that will probably come with it: Round 2
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had poor grammar, dropped all of Con's arguments, and generally failed to meet his burden of proof.
Vote Placed by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I have to say I agree with pro, but Zaradi tore him apart. Unrefuted contentions, actual case, point by point analysis, etc. Funny debate. "You're driving and just minding your own business and then all of a sudden TITTIES." Lol It depends.. Is it an old granny, or a young babe?
Vote Placed by royalpaladin 4 years ago
royalpaladin
Grizzman2012ZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro dropped everything con said . . .