Grizzman2012
chasegardner22c

Public Nudity should be allowed

chasegardner22c

Grizzman2012

Pro

People should have the right to walk around naked sense we where all born naked we should always be naked. i want to reopen this topic so if anyone feels that public nudity should be legal please comment.

chasegardner22c

Con

Hello I would like to thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate this topic. Let the debate begin.

-With Respect Chase
Grizzman2012

Pro

People should have the right to walk on this earth naked male and female especially females they have every right to show what they got as well as a man does think about it.
chasegardner22c

Con

Primarily I would like to state that if we want this to be an interesting debate you will have to state some points and reason why passing a law that makes public nudity is a good idea. Although you have already posted your most compelling argument I feel I should state some reason why passing this law would be a horrid idea.
1. Many cultures and people would be offend by said persons revealing to much of their bodies.
2. It would spoil the innocence of many children.
3. It would be unpractical most of the year.
4. It would increase rate of raping.
5. It would shine poorly on our county and could create stress between the us and other countries.
These are some of many possible reasons why public nudity is a bad idea. I will be interesting in hearing your retaliation and why you believe this is a good idea.
Also think about it is a horrid argument.
Grizzman2012

Pro

Its a good idea cause god gave us our parts and there for we male and female should be able to so it off. i don't think that any woman would ever get raped or hurt let alone men for that matter think about it the world would be a more awesome place if male and female where to bare their skin in public showing what god gave them.
chasegardner22c

Con

Personally I am disappointed by your lack of debating skills, you have failed to find a hole in any one of my five arguments and are simply thinking of what would be "cool" instead of what would be practical. Secondly, yes lets face it there are people in this world that have difficulties controlling their personal desires and that leads to them commenting both adultery and rape. Both of witch are morally and ethically wrong. These said desires would be intensified if the said individual had to look at the necked human form all day.
For your next argument could you please state 3 reasons why this would be beneficial and leave out your opinions on how they were given to us by god and should therefore be shown off.
Grizzman2012

Pro

1. Walking naked is not an offence it's a good thing it is also not a big crime nor should it be.

2. Females should have the right to walk either topless or naked sense breast is not a sex organ they should have the same rights as guys to walk topless.

3. We where all born naked there for should have all the rights to walk on this earth naked. I don't see where or how walking naked would offend anyone on a woman they are only breast, it's only a vagina, and it's only her but. On a guy it's just a penis and it's just his but. It's not like we haven't seen these parts on male and females before so whats the big deal? there are ur three reasons for this debate.
chasegardner22c

Con

1. As I have previously stated yes people do find the necked body offensive. Also yes public nudity is a crime and is currently against the law in the United States.
2. Many consider the female breast to be a sexual organ that dose not emit the same reaction as a male breast, they are very different.
3. Please at least attempt to spell correctly ur dose not mean your. Now onto your poorly stated argument, many people do in fact find public nudity offensive the Muslim people think that revealing your face is offensive and would be very offended of full public nudity.

I am very disappointed at your lack of a concrete argument supporting your claim at why this should be legal, I respect the passion you clearly have at seeing women or men for that matter necked in your everyday life but in all practicality it is not a good idea.
Grizzman2012

Pro

I happen to think that my Argument in this debate is loud and clear and that it's not neither pointless nor is it weak at all u seem to not want to understand or comprehend what i am saying about public nudity and how it should be legal. It's ur arguments that don't make sense to me out of all people u should think and feel why it should be allowed!!!!! are u insecure with yourself that badly that u think that this debate is pointless and weak? I think u need to think for awhile on what i was saying about public nudity and why it should be legal.
chasegardner22c

Con

Currently my opponent has not been able to successfully argue agents one of my many valid points, he is debating off of a purely blinded emotional bias that dose not allow him to see any reason behind his claim. All of the points he has stated I had found holes in and his one argument has been if we have them we should go around showing them. People you all see why this is a flawed ideal and I hope you realize that I have posted better arguments. I thank pro for posting this debate. Vote Con
Posted by BritishNaturism 4 years ago
BritishNaturism
continuing:
"Muslim people think that revealing your face is offensive and would be very offended of full public nudity."
True, but here in the UK Naturists outnumber Muslims by about 2:1 (2011 survey into Naturism & published figures for Muslim population of UK). Many things offend people, we have no right not to be offended by anything. Such a right would make no sense as it could be used to 'outlaw' everything!
As I said earlier, 90% of the UK population are not offended by nudity (same 2011 survey).

Returning to the issue of children; this is often trotted out by those arguing against nudity, because they think it self evident that it is wrong. It doesn't matter how popular such an opinion is, unless it is based on facts it is no more than a prejudice and a prejudice can do a great deal of harm. The Netherlands have reduced their teenage pregnancy rate by a factor of four in one generation by encouraging more liberal views and fighting prudish attitudes.

Children are not born afraid of nudity, it is taught by adults who were taught it themselves by their parents. Those who have thought about this have broken the cycle and their children have benefited. It's been shown that young boys raised in a puritanical environment have a greater interest in pornography. Girls raised in a puritanical environment tend to be more ashamed or fearful of their bodies. Children raised in a nudist family are comfortable with their bodies and the bodies of the opposite sex.
Posted by BritishNaturism 4 years ago
BritishNaturism
I have only just found this debate, after the voting period has ended!

I have to say that the case in favour was not well made and the case against contained some factual errors! Let me deal with the most important of those first:

90% of the UK population are not offended by nudity according to a recent survey - is America so different?

Children hardly even notice nudity unless they have been given a reason to notice it by their past treatment by adults. No-one has ever been able to prove any harm to children from exposure to nudity and all studies into the subject have shown benefits for them (improved body-confidence, etc.)

That is not an argument against allowing it. Skiing is impractical most of the year, but is still allowed when conditions are right.

4. It would increase rate of raping.
Where is your evidence? The nations where public nudity is more widely accepted have the lowest rates of sexual crime.

On the contrary; from here in Europe America is seen as stuck in the Victorian era and held back by its puritanical foundations. Your shocking rates of teenage pregnancy, abortions & STI's are seen as a consequence of your prudishness. Your high rates of eating disorders and demands for plastic surgery are also consequences of the body-shame encouraged by your prejudice and don't get me started on breast feeding rates! We hate the influence you have on our society with your censorious attitudes on sites like Facebook.

Actually it isn't, except in a few prudish communities.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Since I already took this once before, I'll let someone else have a free win, but really? That first argument up top? REALLY? xD if this were a forum I'd rip the sh*t out of that.
Vote Placed by phantom 4 years ago
phantom
Grizzman2012chasegardner22cTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol @ this whole debate. Con demonstrated five negative societal impacts and pro didn't refute any. Pro also didn't make any very convincing arguments. Mainly it went along the lines of it being or nature which has holes.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Grizzman2012chasegardner22cTied
Reasons for voting decision: well this was was a sh*tty debate no matter how you look at it, most of cons arguments were ignored, pro had horrible grammar, no sources used, sh*tty conduct by both sides. I give it 0.5 out of 4 stars