Public schools are just a good as private ones.

Many people, not all, say private schools are simply better than private schools.

This is a false statement because not all public schools are good.

For example:

One parent or two could decide to send their child to a nice private school. Later, the kid turns out he found drugs and all, and becomes sick and dies.

While if they had sent him/her to the public school, that might have never happened.
However, it is the child's decisition whether or not he does drugs. But it is WRONG.

My Kindergarten school was a public school and it was the best school ever to me.

So, all in all, it really depends on the school, individuallly, NOT on whole, as to whether it is good or not.

When debating, keep the langauge clean, good grammar, state your opinion cleary, and most importantly, have fun!

I get your point of the argument yet which i totally don't agree with.It surprises me that you're comparing Kindergarden schools,don't you think thats not a sufficient example to convince people of your argument.However i'll prove you wrong though,i went to a public high school and i must say apart from witnessing the hardship of other learners in the school,i was smart enough to realise that in public schools there's always limited resources due to the fact that it's a public school so everyone can go there and if they are not accepted than they go to head offices in the town and open a case for that matter.This forces the principal to take more learners more then the avalaible resources which is not a good thing at all because that does not create a condusive environment for studies.

My question to you is, what is it that makes a good school is it the quality of education or is it on social grounds being that we don't look at them as being public or private?

In YOUR public school that YOU attended, in which you experienced that; doesn't mean all public schools are like that.

Just because they are government run, doesn't mean they are ALL bad.
And the reason I compared my Kindergarten class was, is because the only PUBLIC school I attended was kindergarten, since then I was homeschooled. And yes, homeschooling is good too, just in case you say it's not, which I don't expect you to say.

Later, in life, I attended a private school, which is really great.

Anyway, I had a friend who attended a PRIVATE school and then discovered drugs. You might say, "it was his choice" which in deed it was, but it goes to show you that, not all PRIVATE schools are good too. Or even fancy rich private schools, could be a whole lot worse than a regular public school.

My English teacher once said that teaching at my/his/school was a much better choice than that fancy, rich, private school he taught at before.

Saying public schools are worse than private schools is like saying, "since my friend who was homeschooled, dropped out of homeschooling and then did drugs and stealing, ALL homeschools must be bad and drug users." FALSE!

One mustn't assume all public schools are bad, just because of their bad experience at one.

Ladies and gentlemen in this world there's no one who is perfect but I can assure you that the experience in public schools is totally different compared to the one in private schools.Public schools are usually run by the state and private schools schools are privately owned. For example here in Namibia private schools scoop academic awards because of their strict rules and policies while public schools are either average or they perform very poor. However, only 2/10 public schools tend to perform well. I believe social grounds isn't just what makes a school but the quality of education they provide given that the resources are sufficient is what matters not some drugs example. Private schools are very cautious when it comes to dealing with issues that affect the academic performances of their learners.

CoolPeppers12 forfeited this round.

RinoD forfeited this round.

True. Public schools are run by the government. However, there ARE some public schools that are good! You have to see it, to believe it. I know, a kindergarten is a 'bad' example to you, as a good public school, but my kindergarten class happened to be very nice. That was a nice school, ALL GRADES. From Preschool to 8th grade. I could feel the environment. The teachers cared, and the students were nice too. There is always the bully, but there were many! I assure you that.

Also, it is true that there happen to be more public schools that are not as good as private schools. I won't deny that because that is a fact. But not all are like that.

AND, many kids are sent to public schools, because the poor parents cannot afford to send them to private, expensive schools.

To conclude, there are some public schools that are great, and there are some private schools that stink.

I would have made my conclusions but you are not giving me a room to rebut because you seem to support both public and private schools.
Posted by Tiki.B 2 years ago
Also your first sentence is redundant.

But are you arguing the educational value received from private v. public, or the influence (i.e the drug example), which has nothing to do with the education provided?
Posted by Generic-Name 2 years ago
click 'edit debate' and change it then.
Posted by CoolPeppers12 2 years ago

I meant to say, "Not all public schools are BAD" but mistakenly, I typed, "Not all public schools are GOOD"