Adam2isback
debate_freak

Puerto Rican Day "Seinfeld" episode was banned for being anti-white (revised)

Adam2isback

Pro

I wanted to do a rematch, so here it is. I will prove that it was banned for being anti-white. First round is for acceptance.
debate_freak

Con

I dont think this topic is important
Adam2isback

Pro

I dont think this topic is important
I respectfully disagree. This banning is just a disturbing pattern in what I think is a move to a more Stalinist-type, KKK type of state again.

Important stuff: Upon reviewing my last debate on this very same issue, I realized I left a common bit of important info that could have put me in the right direction of a victory: that Puerto Ricans are popularly considered colored (as in non-white).

Before I get into the argument: here's a rundown. In response to what I put above. Unlike other historically repressed ethnic groups, like Italians, Irish, Greeks, Arabs, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, blacks, Hispanics are not always non-white. In fact, in Spain itself, in the Middle Ages, a Nordic group called the Visigoths conquered the Spanish peninsula, thus giving us many Visigothic surnames we know today like Rodriguez, Cruz, Sanchez, Martinez, Guiterrez, Gomez, Gonzalez, Cortez, Guzman, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Now you may say that Latin America is non-white, so it doesn't matter what surname they have. Except, Puerto Rico is actually the whitest country in Latin America, tied with Mexico, and after Argentina.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
According to this: Puerto Ricans, as of 2010, make up 75.8 percent of the population.
Also, there is intense hatred by the Visigothic population against the non-Visigothic Spanish (which is why many Puerto Ricans with surnames like Garcia, Rivera, Santiago, Aviles, etc, have fled to the USA themselves to escape such the lynchings, beatings and discrimination).

In Puerto Rico, the episode is banned.

That being said, why is this important? It's because the episode was not anti-minority, as some would, according to what I referenced above, would confuse it as anti-colored. The episode was banned for being "anti-white," supposedly.

As you can see the characters wanting to hurt Kramer are whiter than he is. Also, the majority of Puerto Ricans who protested the episode were of those Visigothic surnames (in fact in a 1998 NBC 4 report, most of the protesters look Nordic -- with small eyes and thin or no lips). No Garcia, Rivera, or Aviles, for instance, protested this episode. The man who petitioned for the episode to be banned was not even Spanish but of British ancestry. Manuel Mirabal.
http://www.nytimes.com...
https://www.houseofnames.com...
According to here, Mirabal is a Saxon surname that survived the Normans in 1066.
debate_freak

Con

debate_freak forfeited this round.
Adam2isback

Pro

The majority of people who protested the episode were also of Germanic descent in general (Nords). In fact, as I mentioned below it was not even someone of Spanish descent but a Brit who tried to get the episode canned.

I should note that "Friends" which has many mean jokes about Brits, Italians, and some carciature-like portrayals of Italians and blacks as well is not banned.
debate_freak

Con

debate_freak forfeited this round.
Adam2isback

Pro

As you can see he hasn't even tried to refute. Vote pro.
debate_freak

Con

debate_freak forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by imabench 1 year ago
imabench
Adam2isbackdebate_freakTied
Reasons for voting decision: Although Con forfeited every round, pro failed to meet his burden of proof, so I have to leave everything a tie ;)