Puerto Rico should become a state.
Debate Rounds (3)
Puerto Rico shouldn't become a state because
1) Their economy sucks and would provide no benefit
2) Crime would top all other US states and bringing down crime would cost vast amounts of money
3) Unemployment is at 14% and would only add to US economic recovery woes
4) Puerto Rico is poor in resources
5) Drug trade is rampant
6) Companies are leaving, not coming, to Puerto Rico
It is for these reasons that Puerto Rico should not become a US State
ZacharyDamon forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: FF
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.