wvrockandroll
ishallannoyyo

Puplic obeasity in the soda ban of NY debate

ishallannoyyo
Started: 10/22/2012 Category: Economics

wvrockandroll

Con

You are a sick inconnciterate person! Yes i agree that obisity is a problem , but when you go and start describing a about those who are and say "Fat jokes" is uncivil. I am not one overweight , but the question is do I blabber about how fat people are? Is that what people go to for these days? The rate upon out origen? How ..How ! I can't begin to describe the burning passion that makes me angery about the "Full" jokes" . The soda ban is a con and your jokes are also. Now unless you can back up those stuck up words you layed on my table then I hope you will clean it up with a apologie not just to me but to those in the hospitals in a bed eating threw a straw and trying to get threw life with harmony! "Do you need some ice for that burn?"
ishallannoyyo

Pro

My opponent's atrocious grammar and spelling have made it very hard for me to actually understand what we are debating, I am assuming it is about a joke I made in the comments section of my opponent's debate. The joke was:

The soda ban will prevent more fat people (in theory). This is good as America is FULL of fat people. Heh heh heh, get the joke? Full? LOL

Or something along those lines. I was merely making a joke, not sure why I was challenged, but I accepted anyways so I'm not considered a "wuss".

Anyways, the point is it was only a joke that I had thought of and wanted to share with somebody else. Does this mean I find obesity funny? Does this mean I point and laugh openly at fat people? No, I was just making a joke. It was a little thing, it doesn't need to be blown out of proportion.

My opponent I'm pretty sure insulted me, "Do you need some ice for that burn?" Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it will be necessary.

If you found the joke relatively humourous, please post it in the COMMENTS BELOW!
wvrockandroll

Con

Ok then .... thanks for commenting on the improper use of my grammer and I bet it took awile to find those words on google? I have no apologie nor do the others a joke can effect as a leech! You can say it's a joke , but you still said it! The fact that all you did was back yourself up with smart remarks about how your just "jokeing" well that is no apologie! For your underminded info I was so enraged that the reason i double spelled "wass" was because I could not be more angery about the way the phrase you typed was placed! So just clean the table with what ever words of wisdom you might have and be finished because i'm done with this topic you snotty smart """ !
ishallannoyyo

Pro

Might as well do some debating as my opponent seems to be attacking me personally for a joke that I made.

Quick summary, because of a joke my opponent wants me to apologize, though I had difficulty understanding through the veil of bad grammar and spelling. I will not apologize for a joke that is true and I will not “clean the table”. I do not understand why my opponent is attacking me for a true and “punny” (in my opinion) comment.

I bet it took awile to find those words on google?

You misspelled “awhile” and no, I did not need to use Google with a capital “g”.

I have no apologie

You misspelled “apology”.

You can say it’s a joke, but you still said it! The fact that all you did was back yourself up with smart remarks about how your just “jokeing” well that is no apologie!

I wasn’t trying to apologize, I was merely point out I was joking. I was just joking, I don’t need to apologize for something I don’t mean. That’s what a joke is. Try it sometime.

So just clean the table with what ever words of wisdom you might have and be finished because i’m done with this topic

I’m not quite sure what the topic is, are you trying to get me to apologize? By the way, I won't give in and most certainly will not apologize for a joke.

Anyways, my joke was in no way shape or form necessarily “wrong”. Is it not true that America is full of fat people? 2/3 of Americans are overweight [1]! This is a serious issue! Should this not try and be resolved?? I for one think stigma is an acceptable way to deter obesity. For example, is smoking considered socially acceptable? Not anymore. Every since smoking was deemed “wrong”, stigma has been a key factor in lowering the number of smokers. In the 20th Century, lots of people smoked! Not today though. If society deems obesity wrong, perhaps we can fix the problem. And yes, I will occasionally crack a joke at the expense of someone whom is overweight. If they know that I’m kidding (as my friends do), I think it is OK. I never escalate it to something personal, mean, malicious, and I never repeat the comment over and over. I’m not a bully, I just like to have fun and joke around. If you like joking around and aren’t a stick in the mud, please VOTE PRO.

SOURCES:

1. http://frac.org...

Posted by Like_a_Boss 4 years ago
Like_a_Boss
great debate! lol
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
Wait, what is the resolution and what is the purpose of this debate?
Vote Placed by Muted 4 years ago
Muted
wvrockandrollishallannoyyoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Obvious! Funny joke by the way
Vote Placed by GenesisCreation 4 years ago
GenesisCreation
wvrockandrollishallannoyyoTied
Reasons for voting decision: .....just terrible.
Vote Placed by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
RyuuKyuzo
wvrockandrollishallannoyyoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct due to con's insults, spelling/grammar due to con's inability to put together a single sentence free of error, arguments because con's argument was essentially nothing more than moral outrage, and sources because pro actually used them. Sweeping victory for Pro.
Vote Placed by Chicken 4 years ago
Chicken
wvrockandrollishallannoyyoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I almost feel like being marinated in 11 herbs and spices right now...