ariannaborgazzi
edawg3650

Quantity vs Quality of life

ariannaborgazzi

Pro

Big idea #1: Family
More time with your family:Time with your children builds the foundation of an intimate, secure, and irreplaceable relationship with them.
Important moments of your relatives

Big idea #2: Probabilities/chances
Many healthcare professionals, she explains, do not realize that the let"s-throw-everything-at-it approach can have a downside on one"s health and make that option a poor choice. Focused on the disease, forgetting to focus on the person.

Big idea #3: Anti euthanasia

Arguments against:
Big idea #1: Euthanasia
People have an explicit right to die and it is something we can"t avoid, now or later we will die. Every person has the right to control his or her body and life and so should be able to determine at what time, in what way and by whose hand he or she will die. allowing people to "die with dignity" is kinder than forcing them to continue their lives with suffering.
A separate right to die is not necessary, because the right to life includes the right to die. People have the right to try and make the events in their lives as good as possible so they have the right to try to make their dying as good as possible. If the dying process is unpleasant, people should have the right to shorten it, and thus reduce the unpleasantness.

Death is a private matter and if there is no harm to others, the state and other people have no right to interfere. This is a variation of the individual rights argument. Euthanasia promotes the best interests of everyone involved and violates no one's rights, that action is morally acceptable. Death is not a bad thing is just process of life.
edawg3650

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate! I am slightly confused due to the fact that my opponent provided an argument against his/her own claims. I will assume that I am arguing for quality of life, which is a concept much more important than quantity of life for a variety of reasons.

I also feel that the discussion needs to be more properly defined. My opponent would rather live a life that is longer, yet low quality, while I would rather live a life that is shorter, yet high quality. Note that quality and quantity are both relative concepts.

1. Suicide

Suicide is a concept that proves quality of life is more important than quantity of life, as it occurs due to feelings of worthlessness, getting bullied, etc. These people choose to end their lives or consider ending their lives because they feel that life isn't worth living. Statistics show that 862,950 people attempt suicide each year, and 3.7% of the world population has considered suicide in the past year [1]. If humans valued quantity of lif over quality of life, suicide would be non existent.

2. Euthanasia

I believe my opponent's description regarding the concept of euthansia is an excellent rebuttal against their own side of the argument :). I will cover more on this later, if needed.

Suspicious of my opponent's different writing style in the argument regarding Euthanasia, I grew suspicious. Sure enough, most information from that argument was plagarized from this source: http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Examples: "Death is a private matter and if there is no harm to others, the state and other people have no right to interfere."

"Each person has the right to control his or her body and life and so should be able to determine at what time, in what way and by whose hand he or she will die."

I believe that it is safe to say I have won this debate since plagarizing is strictly against the rules. My opponent also didn't take a clear position regarding the topic.

ariannaborgazzi

Pro

ariannaborgazzi forfeited this round.
edawg3650

Con

edawg3650 forfeited this round.
ariannaborgazzi

Pro

ariannaborgazzi forfeited this round.
edawg3650

Con

edawg3650 forfeited this round.
ariannaborgazzi

Pro

ariannaborgazzi forfeited this round.
edawg3650

Con

edawg3650 forfeited this round.
Posted by SJM 8 months ago
SJM
Why did you make an argument against yourself? You're arguing for quantity of life right?