RageDebate12302
sidewinder

Quantum Mechanics are a Legit Field of Study

sidewinder

RageDebate12302

Con

Acceptance Round. Note: I believe that the Quantum Mechanics is cool stuff with great evidence, but nothing adds up. Quantum Mechanics even says your reality is a sham.
sidewinder

Pro

I accept and I am curious on how you plan to refute one of the greatest theory ever devised by mankind here are just a few definitions that we need

Quantum Mechanics:the branch of mechanics that deals with the mathematical description of the motion and interaction of subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of quantization of energy, wave-particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and the correspondence principle.

Quantization of energy:Rather than continuous waves, light was coming in packets of energy which can be defined with its frequency and planck constant 'h'. In the atomic world, energies are also quantized. This means it can have only certain values.

Wave-particle duality: The exhibition of both wavelike and particle like properties by a single entity. For example, electrons undergo diffraction and can interfere with each other as waves, but they also act as pointlike masses and electric charges.

Uncertainty principle: the principle that the momentum and position of a particle cannot both be precisely determined at the same time.

The correspondence principle aka Spooky action at distance or SAAD: States that the behavior of systems described by the theory of quantum mechanics (or by the old quantum theory) reproduces classical physics in the limit of large quantum numbers.

I'll be using these complex principles and discoveries to explain quantum mechanics
RageDebate12302

Con

RageDebate12302 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

Seeing as quantum mechanics is a intensive thing to explain I will wait to see whether my opponent will respond.
RageDebate12302

Con

RageDebate12302 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

I extend my statments
RageDebate12302

Con

RageDebate12302 forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Pro

I once again extend my previous statements and am disappointed that my opponent went inactive.
Posted by footballchris561 2 years ago
footballchris561
To bad he went inactive. Could have been an interesting debate.
Posted by flewk 2 years ago
flewk
You guys should probably define the various interpretations as well. The lack of a single interpretation is probably a point for con.
Posted by RageDebate12302 2 years ago
RageDebate12302
really.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
Very few people who argue about quantum mechanics have ever actually studied it or understand it at all. This is clearly the case here...
Posted by Lewis_P 2 years ago
Lewis_P
I'm interested in how someone would quantify the legitimacy of a particular field of study.
Particularly given how quantum mechanics is not an easy topic to explain.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics." - Feynman
Posted by DizzyKnight 2 years ago
DizzyKnight
Debates on quantum mechanics are generally unwise unless you are willing, and capable of grasping all the technicality of it. I'll pass on that reason but I'll keep an eye on this to see how it turns out.

Cheers,
Dizzy Knight
Posted by RageDebate12302 2 years ago
RageDebate12302
If this reality is a sham then quantum physics is a sham because it is part of our reality.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
RageDebate12302sidewinderTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff