somerandomvideocreator
KruelBotFeir

Quantum particles are alive.

KruelBotFeir has forfeited round #3.

somerandomvideocreator

Pro

They might not match our typical definition of life, but they break our standard physics, so maybe they are simply little organisms.
KruelBotFeir

Con

Please provide proof and arguments.
somerandomvideocreator

Pro

Let's start with a definition of life?

Cells? No, that only works for Earth life. What if there is an alien race not made up of cells but act like humans.

Reproduction? Nope. What if there is an alien race that cannot reproduce but acts just like humans.

Growth? Not really. What if there is an alien race that acts like humans, but fully grown humans and they never grow.

What makes something alive? Quantum particles have the ability, to, in a sense, make their own choices about their spin that cannot be determined beforehand with the laws of physics without actually measuring it. Does that make it alive?
KruelBotFeir

Con

If free will is something you attribute to quantum particles, you must remotely explain how they can have will without possessing a brain.

The rest of what you said is actually denying very fundamental aspects of what a living being is but I will give you a chance here and not press on that.

Explain how these particles have proven to choose their randomised pathing rather than it being completely inanimate objects just operating without any life.
somerandomvideocreator

Pro

https://www.youtube.com...

Quantum particles are very random, unpredictable by any definition of the word, so their actions simply cannot be determined beforehand, which is, very, very loosely, the definition of free will.

I think about it this way. Suppose you land on an alien planet. The aliens there act exactly like humans, but they are missing one criterion for life. For instance, suppose that they look exactly like humans, but their bodies are made of metal, not a single cell on their entire bodies. I would still consider them alive. What if, instead, they cannot reproduce, meaning their alien race is going to go extinct soon. I would still consider them alive.

I am using alive rather loosely, but that is helpful in the identification of alien life. For instance, in Star Trek: The Next Generation, there is an episode about a "Tin Man", which is considered alive despite being a vehicle.

I will draw a line and say that in order to be alive, it must be proven to physically exist in the real world, so numbers are not alive. However, I would say that if the actions of an object cannot be predicted in any sense, it is alive. Even things that might appear unpredictable, like weather, can be predicted, unlike quantum particles. However, a rock falling down a hill is not alive because we can predict how the rock will fall.

Philosophers question whether even humans have free will. Quantum particles have, in a very loose way, free will, so they are alive, in a loose sense.
Posted by Soulman4764 7 months ago
Soulman4764
Though I do not know much about Quantum Particles, I have to admit that life does exist in many different forms. Its like the open spaces between each planet which composes of many different elements, some people think its dead, when in truth life exists all around us. The Air we breath, the soil beneath our feet, the trees, plants and animals even the sea is a living entity, yet people dismiss this hypothesis as being false fallacy. I have learned to question everything and doubt everything until I find the truth behind it, Just like this Debate which I agree with life exists everywhere we look. Its about time Man faced up to reality and seek the truths that are all around us.