Atheist73
baus

Questions for Christians (2)

Atheist73

Atheist73

Con

This won't be a classical debate, but will be a series of 35 questions to a Christian that will apply, and accepts these foundations for himself:

-I believe in God
-I am a Christian
-I think everything the bible says is true
-I believe in heaven and hell
-I believe heaven is reached through salvation (meaning only believing Christians go to heaven and all believing Christians go to heaven)
-I believe Christianity is moral.

I am an atheist, and I am trying to understand the Christian logic and morality, and I would thank very much whoever accepts this debate.
Round 1 - acceptance and notes
Round 2 - 15 questions
Round 3- 10 questions
Round 4- 10 questions
Round 5- Conclusion
Atheist73

Con

1) Is Anne Frank in hell ?

2) How about other kids? If a boy dies at age 3, and he comes from a Muslim family, does he go to hell?

3) How can you be sure Ra (Egyptian God and the first monotheistic one) doesn't exist?

4) According to Christianity, hell is for non-Christians, and is supposed to be a very evil place, to make people suffer. It doesn't matter what they did. It doesn't matter what they believed, it doesn't matter who they really were. It's just like Hitler's death and concentration camps. Do you think it's moral to believe in a Nazi God ?

5) What is your #1 reason you believe in the Christian God?

6) If non-Christians go to hell anyway, does it matter what they do with their lives? Can you see an old Islamic man raising money to help the poor people in the neighborhood and say: what does it matter, he's going to hell anyway?

7) Do mountains have a life meaning? How about monkeys? How about babies?

8) Do you have non-Christian friends or loved ones? If no, why? If yes, how can you believe in a religion that tells you these are evil people who will be going to hell?

9) Are earthquakes, tornadoes, accidents etc. are caused by God? And if yes, why are there earthquakes, tornadoes and accidents?

10) If God has a master plan, why bother praying?

11) Does God talk or talked to you?

12) If god told you to kill your son/daughter/mother, would you do it?

13) If god told you to kill me, would you do it?

14) If you were born in Syria, do you think you would be a Muslim or a Christian?

15) If someone would have hurt you, would you hurt him or his newborn child? Because God, according to the bible, punished David's newborn son, because David slept with his mother while married to another man. (some claim he even raped her).
baus

Pro

(1) Is Anne Frank in hell?
Yes, she didn't recognize Jesus as the son of God.

(2) How about other kids? If a boy dies at age 3, and he comes from a Muslim family, does he go to hell?
Of course he will, until he repents for his false beliefs.

(3) How can you be sure Ra (Egyptian God and the first monotheistic one) doesn't exist?
In the Bible it says that God is the only true 'god' so I trust it.

(4) Do you think it's moral to believe in a Nazi God?
If my God is a Nazi God then yes. I don't see him as a Nazi God though.

(5) What is your #1 reason you believe in the Christian God?
I read the Bible and I liked it so much that it convinced me to believe in what it said.

(6) a) If non-Christians go to hell anyway, does it matter what they do with their lives?
Yes, it matters for people they leave behind in this life.

(6) b) Can you see an old Islamic man raising money to help the poor people in the neighborhood and say: what does it matter, he's going to hell anyway?
He should have repented when he still had the chance. What he did will matter in this life but not int he afterlife.

(7) a) Do mountains have a life meaning?
No, they don't.

(7) b) How about monkeys?
I am not sure about animals, the Bible is unclear if they have souls or not. I think they'd definitely go to heaven by default since Christianity says that animals have no free will.

(7) c) How about babies?
Yes, that is why Christian parents Christen their babies. [Christening is Baptizing but for babies]

(8) Do you have non-Christian friends or loved ones? If no, why? If yes, how can you believe in a religion that tells you these are evil people who will be going to hell?
Yes, I do not let the fact that they will not be with me i the afterlife affect how I deal with them in this one.

(9) Are earthquakes, tornadoes, accidents etc. caused by God? And if yes, why are there earthquakes, tornadoes and accidents?
Usually yes, they are not usually accidents. However, God sometimes doesn't intervene and they happen by natural causes accidentally. god can choose when and when not to intervene and if he isn't intervening it doesn't mean accidents can't happen.

(10) If God has a master plan, why bother praying?
It helps me psychologically cope with tough times. I can feel him watching over me.

(11) Does God talk to you or has he talked to you?
Not with a voice, only through his spiritual fatherly guidance and love.

(12) If god told you to kill your son/daughter/mother, would you do it?
No, this is not how God works. This is an old Testament event with Jews where God told Abraham to kill a lamb and then I think it was his son (I'm not so familiar with it). The Jews lied a lot in the old testament. It is not to be fully trusted. God doesn't talk to you, although he did through Jesus, that is different because it was a human body to deal with in person. If you think God is telling you to do this, it is actually the devil telling you things. Again, I insists that the Old Testament is not actually Christianity, it is a dilution of Christian truth with Jewish lies. The Torah consists mainly of the lying part.

(13) If god told you to kill me, would you do it?
Same answer as before.

(14) If you were born in Syria, do you think you would be a Muslim or a Christian?
Most likely a Muslim unless I moved out in time to gain Christian influence in time to save my soul.

(15) If someone would have hurt you, would you hurt him or his newborn child? Because God, according to the bible, punished David's newborn son, because David slept with his mother while married to another man. (some claim he even raped her).
No, you don't understand! The old testament is full of Jewish lies and deceit! Do not trust this. God is not a murderer, it is actually one of the ten commandments not to kill human beings.
Atheist73

Con

16) Do you thing Anne Frank DESERVES to be in hell ?

17) 'How about other kids? If a boy dies at age 3, and he comes from a Muslim family, does he go to hell?
Of course he will, until he repents for his false beliefs.'
-In hell ? and again, do you think such a child DESERVES to be in hell?

18) But Ra says HE is the only God. How do you know which is right ?

19) If you could accept a Nazi God, you are a HORRIBLE person. Would you accept a Nazi leader? A Nazi friend?
And 'hell is for non-Christians, and is supposed to be a very evil place, to make people suffer. It doesn't matter what they did. It doesn't matter what they believed, it doesn't matter who they really were, they went to hell - now replace the word 'hell' with the words 'Hitler's camps'. How is hell according to Christianity not Nazi?? Please explain.

20) Reading the bible convinced you to believe in Christianity. Have you read other holy books? And are you referring to the new or old testament?

21) Why does God care more about what you believe in than what you actually do? A judge is supposed to judge you for your actions, not for your thoughts. A teacher can punish a child for misbehaving, but she can't punish him for getting a question wrong!

22)
a) If a baby is born to a Christian family, and dies minutes after his birth, does he go to heaven?
b) If a baby is born to a Hindu family, and dies minutes after his birth, does he go to heaven?
c) If a man who never heard of Christianity dies, does he go to hell or heaven?
d) If a Christian family doesn't baptize her kids, are they Christian? And do they go to heaven, too?

23) a) Do those people know that you think they're going to hell?
b) If they thought you were going to hell, would it matter to you?

24) If you were in a perfect world living the perfect life, but some of your loved ones won't be with you, and instead suffer the whole time you're living in your perfect world, would it really be a perfect world? (heaven)

25) But God created the world, therefore natural forces. Why didn't God create a world with no earthquakes, tornadoes etc. and when he wanted to bring one, bring one ? That would make much more sense.

26) So you admit praying doesn't actually help actively?

27) How are the guidance and love expressed ?

28) Your expressions sound antisemitic. 'the bible is full of Jewish lies'? As someone who comes from a Jewish family, this doesn't sound well to my ear. There is a way to state things. To remind you, Jesus was born a Jewish man and he died a Jewish man. He believed in the old testament, which you call: ' a dilution of Christian truth with Jewish lies. ' I find it weird that you see the old testament as a book of lies that cannot be trusted, but you trust a book who originated from that so called book of lies, and that is full of stories just as crazy.
Jesus was hungry, and he saw a tree with no fruit - so he cursed it. Wow - very trustworthy! ~sarcasm~
I want to add that it looks like you didn't bother reading, or googling(!) to find out what the story is really about. Voters, to your attention.
To sum up;
*Saying that, I quote, 'The Jews lied a lot in the old testament' is antisemitic, rude, and is not backed up with even a single explanation or source.
*The old testament IS a part of Christianity, and it was also one of my terms - to agree with everything the bible (new and old) says.

29) Did God create the devil ?
If yes, why?
If no, who created him?

30) 'Most likely a Muslim' - would it be just if God punished you for that? You could just as easily be born in Syria.

31) 'No, you don't understand! The old testament is full of Jewish lies and deceit! ' - Again, antisemitic statements that lack basis. What are you going to say next? That Jews are using Christian kids' blood to bake bread?
This hurts me personally - please stop making those statements in this debate and anywhere else.

32) You keep saying the old testament is full of lies - but much of Christianity is dependent on it - from Creationism to the ten commandments to Jesus. It's funny that you are saying 'The old testament is full of Jewish lies and deceit! Do not trust this. God is not a murderer' - and then say: it is actually one of the ten commandments not to kill human beings. - which is also from the old testament. So what do you do? Do you pick and choose based on comfort what is truth and what is lie?
And also - if God sometimes causes 'accidents' and natural dissenters, which kill men, women, children, Christians, Non-Christians - as one: he is a murderer.

33) If you were God, would you create hell? And who would you put in it?

34) If there are lies in the old testament, how can you be sure the new one doesn't have lies in it?
baus

Pro

baus forfeited this round.
Atheist73

Con

Baus forfeited this round. Voters, to your attention.

-
baus

Pro

baus forfeited this round.
Atheist73

Con

Atheist73 forfeited this round.
baus

Pro

baus forfeited this round.
Posted by shotokando 2 years ago
shotokando
I hate to post the same comment twice, but it really disturbs me how few people understand this doctrine.

Note: I am using the King James Text. You will see the word suffer in it. Here, the word suffer is a verb meaning "to allow". Jesus is saying, "Allow the children to come to me." He said this because the disciples were barring their path.

Question #2: 3 year old of a Muslim family deserving of Hell?
Answer: Ezekiel 18:20
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."
There is a doctrine known as Age of Accountability that means that a child must be old enough to understand the principles of the Bible before they are held accountable for sin. Jesus himself seems to demonstrate the spiritually safe condition of children in Matthew 18:3
"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
He follows this up with the verse in the following chapter in verse 14.
Matthew 19:14
"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
So, according to the source, Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity, it seems pretty safe to assume that little children are spiritually safe and that heaven is already chock full of the little buggers. I hope this helps clear up any confusion on the topic for both sides.
Posted by SandmanTF131 2 years ago
SandmanTF131
"(9) Are earthquakes, tornadoes, accidents etc. caused by God? And if yes, why are there earthquakes, tornadoes and accidents?
Usually yes, they are not usually accidents. However, God sometimes doesn't intervene and they happen by natural causes accidentally. god can choose when and when not to intervene and if he isn't intervening it doesn't mean accidents can't happen."

This answer infuriates me because Con is insinuating that there is something beyond Gods absolute control; namely, the natural forces. God does not have to intervene, he creates the forces. Start a third debate and I will gladly accept and answer all of your questions.
Posted by SandmanTF131 2 years ago
SandmanTF131
Both of the Con positions in your two arguments have failed to meet the requirements of the debate, and of a proper Christian. It is people like these that give Christians a bad name. If you pick and choose what you want to believe out of the bible, then you are wrong to do so. I beg you to choose me if you wish to do a third debate with these questions, or any others. I have answers to these that the other 2 debaters have failed to present to you.
Posted by racannie1 2 years ago
racannie1
A child of 3 years of age does not go to hell. A child of 3 is not old enough to know or understand the gospel. As for deciding if someone went to hell or not, that is entirely in God's hands, he is the judge, we are not.
Posted by Forgiven 2 years ago
Forgiven
I am short on time, but I saw the first two answers and questions. I disagree with both answers (upon my knowledge and beliefs). I don't know much about Anne Frank, but I don't believe that we can judge her heart. I believe we should leave that to God. I don't know whether or not she believed that Jesus is Lord and that God raised Him from the dead! I just don't believe that we are in any position to state her beliefs. However, like I said, I really don't know much about Anne Frank! So...sorry if there is something I don't know about her that would imply that she is in hell. Also, if a boy is born into a Muslim family and dies at age three, I don't believe that he would go to hell. I believe in an age of maturity. Meaning that I don't really believe that three years old is of age to really understand and grasp the gospel. I don't believe we can hold him accountable for not believing yet. I believe that age of maturity varies for everyone. Some people take longer than others, and God is probably the only one who knows when we truly hit the age where we can be held accountable. If there is someone who is special needs, incapable of truly understanding and grasping the gospel, It would be unreasonable to judge them on what they cannot even understand. However, I leave judging to God. That's just my input.
Posted by baus 2 years ago
baus
New Testament
Posted by FatalArchon 2 years ago
FatalArchon
Con has failed to meet the requirements of Pro. Pro stated in his notes that he wanted someone to answer the questions who believed the bible was true. Con has not met this requirement by his own claim that "the old testament is full of Jewish lies". Therefore Con does not meet the debate requirements.
Posted by 9Dipity 2 years ago
9Dipity
This feels like a troll from the Pro side.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
You should try this in the religious forums.
Vote Placed by lightingbolt50 2 years ago
lightingbolt50
Atheist73bausTied
Reasons for voting decision: Look at Baus' answers. Need I say more?
Vote Placed by jakoplant1 2 years ago
jakoplant1
Atheist73bausTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty clear.
Vote Placed by Cold-Mind 2 years ago
Cold-Mind
Atheist73bausTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff