Oioslycos
Amarandum

Quote battle

Oioslycos

Oioslycos

Pro

So I'm new to the site and decided to throw this out there. What I mean by quote battle is that there will be four categories. one for every round. Life, Love, Liberty/Freedom, & Death. you may post two quotes per round pertaining to that subject at the end the voters will vote on who they think had the better quotes.
Round 1 just state any questions you may have
Round 2 is love
Round 3 is Liberty
Round 4 is Life
Round 5 is Death
Amarandum

Con

Would you like me to Justify the quote with a sentence or two?
Oioslycos

Pro

It's not necessary but you can if you want. I will start now.

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
R13; Marilyn Monroe

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
R13; Martin Luther King Jr.
Amarandum

Con

Excellent choice with MLK. I have a poster of that very quote on the wall in my office.

"Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are all born selfish." - Richard Dawkins

"There is always some madness in love, but there is always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Oioslycos

Pro

So true with the RD quote

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

"Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance." -Woodrow Wilson
Amarandum

Con

"If Liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell others what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

"A society that would give up some Liberty to obtain a little Security deserves neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Oioslycos

Pro

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone." -Reba McEntire

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." -John Burroughs
Amarandum

Con

"Alice laughed. 'There's no use trying,' she said. 'One can't believe impossible things.'
'I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast' "
- Lewis Carol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

"The sciences, each straining in it's own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but one day, the piecing together of dissociated bits of knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation, or flee from the light into the peace and security of a new Dark Age."
- HP Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
Oioslycos

Pro

"Since the day of my birth, my death began its walk. It is walking toward me without hurrying."
- Jean Cocteau

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." -Norman Cousins
Amarandum

Con

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem. " - Josef Stalin

"Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. " - Benjamin Franklin
Posted by Amarandum 1 year ago
Amarandum
You sir should debate me on the very existence of God ... If you're willing to use facts, that is.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Vote Placed by Mharman 1 year ago
Mharman
OioslycosAmarandumTied
Reasons for voting decision: