Started: 12/17/2012 Category: Arts

So for this debate we just type the best quotes we know!
So here goes nothing......

" Life sucks, and then you die."-Breaking Dawn (if only I was that lucky!)
"Racism is a grown-up disease, and we must stop using our children to spread it."
"We must start taking care of Mother Earth before Father Time takes it away."
"Life is short, eat dessert first."
"Trust no one."

I cheerfully await my opponent's response :)

"If someone who knew the future pointed out a child to you and told you that that child would grow up totally evil, to be a ruthless dictator who would destroy millions of lives, could you then kill that child?" 4th Doctor (Tom Baker), Doctor Who

"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind." - Data (Brent Spiner), Star Trek: The Next Generation

"Humans are nothing if not creatures of habit." - (I am not sure who's quote this was originally, but I heard it from Mrs. Dostie, my social studies teacher)

"If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." - J. K. Rowling

"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them." - (again) J. K. Rowling

Brilliant idea for a debate. This should be fun!

Nicely done :)
"Life is like a light bulb-it goes on,and then it turns off for good."-ME!
"Life is like an onion- you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you cry."
"Don't take life too seriously. You won't get out of it alive."

Q. I searched the four corners of the Earth for the perfect guy. Why didn't I find him?

A. The Earth is round :)

"This is terrible. Holy wars. Killing. They're just using
religion as an excuse to be extremely crappy to each other." - Lister (Craig Charles)

"So, what else is new?" - The Toaster (not sure who played him), Red Dwarf scene from the episode "Waiting for God".

"Wow, how very Christian. Believe what I say or I'll hurt you." - Brian (Seth Mcfarlane), Family Guy

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." - Hugh Laurie

"You'd never get a cat to be a servant. You ever see a cat return a stick? "Hey, man! You threw the stick, you go get it yourself! I'm busy! If you wanted the stick so bad, why'd you throw it away in the first place?" - The Cat (Danny John Jules), Red Dwarf

"In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."

"Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying."

"Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

"A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't."

"People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege."

"People that don't know me think I'm shy. People that do know me wish I were."

"Roses are red violets are blue, God made me pretty, what happened to you?"

"The next time you think you're perfect, try walking on water."

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."

Good luck! :)

" We could go back to Dallas in November 1963, stand on the grassy knoll, and shout 'Duck!' " - Kryten (Robert Llewellyn), Red Dwarf

"The day I notice a cyclist obey a stop sign is the day I'll stop enjoying watching them bounce off my hood." - Daniel Tosh

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." George Carlin

"Ah, gravity. Thou art a heartless b*tch." - Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons), The Big Bang Theory

"I'm sorry my Doctor Who obsession has hurt our relationship, but not nearly sorry enough to stop." - Me!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkness of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter

"Love is like a fart. If you have to force it, it is probably sh*t."

"Religion was invented when the first conman met the first fool." - Mark Twain

"I hate it when people see me at the super market and they are like what are you doing here? And I am just like, you know, hunting elephants."

"The cool thing about being famous is traveling. I have always wanted to travel across seas, like to Canada and stuff." - Britney Spears

So, I guess this is our last round. Wanna do it again?

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."

"Today is the Tomorrow I was worried about Yesterday."

"Time heals everything, but can everything heal in time?"

"I"m very hard to understand but extremely easy to please."

"The quieter you become, the more you can hear."

"Don't think less of yourself, think of yourself less"

"No need for revenge - Just sit back and wait...those that hurt you will eventually screw up all by themselves ...and if you are lucky, God will let you watch." (This one really does work! :)

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud."

Have fun in life :(

Love your quote from Ferris Bueller! We should do this again!

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And if you do, take pictures." - Al (Dean Stockwell), Quantum Leap

"I don't dislike him. It's just that I'd like to kill him every now and then." - the Skipper (Alan Hale), Gilligan's Island

"Ah, nothing says motherhood like a giant robotic platypus butt." - Phineas, Phineas and Ferb

"Pardon my French, but you're an a ss-hole!" Cameron Frye (Alan Ruck), Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"I am NOT a merry man!" Worf (Michael Dorn), Star Trek TNG

"To be or not to be...ooh...that's rather good..." - Shakespeare
"You should write that down." - The Doctor
- Doctor Who

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - again, Dr. Seuss

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare
Posted by tennis47 3 years ago
Kay! :)
Posted by harrypotterfantng 3 years ago
]I salute you, madam, for creating such an entertaining debate! 'Twas fun!
Posted by harrypotterfantng 3 years ago
I'm liking this debate! I love quotes, and this is a great opportunity to share my archive of them!
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I read thisthe otherday and found it messy and hard to follow, However for being a lover of quotes myself I have retured to cast a vote. I base my vote on the contender who posted highest number of quotes that I liked. Con had a few good ones but Pro just tipped it.