Quran is the word of god

I am going to argue for the topic "Quran is the word of god"

round 1 ) acceptance only
round 2) arguments only
round 3) rebuttal and arguments
round 4) rebuttal only ( no new arguments)

Hello! I look forward to a civil debate with you Pro, and would like to state in the begginning that I am Catholic, not Muslim, but that I will conduct this in a tolerant and respectful manner. Again, I look forward to this debate and eagerly await your reply!
Good luck and God bless you!
حظا سعيدا وبارك الله فيكم

Nicholas (Please call me Nick)

Thank you Nick for your kind introduction.
I will prove that the Quran is the word of God by using the modern Scientific knowledge and some other facts revealed to Mohammed(PBUH) 1400 years ago, which is either not present in the bible or incorrect in the bible.

1) The Bible speaks about the story of Moses, in the end of the story the israel people were able to cross the red sea when the sea was split into two and when the Egyptians were crossing it, the sea collapsed on them. So on.....(Exodus 14:21-Exodus 15)

The Quran tells a similar story, but it also mentions that the body of that Egyptian ruler was preserved, which the bible does not.
We brought the tribe of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh and his troops pursued them out of tyranny and enmity. Then, when he was on the point of drowning, he [Pharaoh] said: "I believe that there is no god but Him in Whom the tribe of Israel believes. I am one of the Muslims." (Qur'an, 10:90)
"What, now! When previously you rebelled and were one of the corrupters? Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you. Surely many people are heedless of Our Signs." (Qur'an, 10:91-92)

Pharoah meaning : a ruler in ancient Egypt (from google)

The preserved body of Pharoah is now in Egypt museum.

How did it get there ?

2) Do you know in which part of the brain the decisions are made, well according to my latest research Scientists have found that when a decision goes wrong and things turn out differently than expected, the orbitofrontal cortex, located at the front of the brain behind the eyes, responds to the mistake and helps us alter our behavior. ( not an Islamic site) ( not an Islamic site)

Well this is not the best part.
The Quran says
"No Indeed; surely, if he gives not over, We shall seize him by the forelock, a lying, sinful forelock!"
(96 : 15-16)

3) Discovery of finger prints

The quran 1400 years ago
Yes, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers. (Qur'an, 75:4)

Have We not made the earth as a bed, and the mountains as pegs? (Quran, 16:15)

The Bible the Quran and Science book by Maurice Bucaille

How did Mohammed(PBUH) come to know about all this 1400 years ago ????

I really feel quite a deep sadness, a spiritual ache, for you sir.....It is amazing that you can be so skewed in your views as a "Christian" I am praying for you to OUR- not either one, not any one person's- savior that you may be brought home. You seem to be a very vindictive person who claims Christianity as their justification- not as a rock of faith or salvation but as a crutch for the very opposite of Christianity. I am catholic, I believe in reconciliation although I am at fault for not taking advantage of the gift and sacrament of confession/reconciliation. I do not ask other Christians (catholic or otherwise) to go to confession, nor do I push them to. But I must say, when I first went it was....indescribable and incomprehensible in feeling, emotion, mentality, physical well being etc. Therefore I'm asking God to bring you to REAL Christianity (Of any denomination- not what you have now) but if it is his will, particularly to the sacrament Confession. I will not further engage in this comment thread in regards to your rebuttle or anyone else who has similar ones. I thank everyone else for their cooperation and beg their forgiveness fo having to be so blunt with you. God bless you, and think about what i have said please.

The Nicene Creed- What I believe as a Catholic before anyone starts down the misconceieved roads often travelled.

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial
with the Father;
Through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate
of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.

For our sake he was crucified
under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son
is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic,
and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection
of the dead and the life of the world to come.

Your turn Nick.

Ngrovcam forfeited this round.

If you can't prove all these four arguments wrong or find the source from which Mohammed(PBUH) could have got this information from, then it will stand as a prove that it was revealed to Mohammed(PBUH) from god.

Ngrovcam forfeited this round.
Posted by khizr 2 years ago
Nick you got me all wrong.
Jellon, sure i would like to have a similar debate with you, but not right now i will be busy during the next few days.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Study my previous posts.

Islam, by definition, means submission to the will of God.
There's no such religion as submission to the will of God.

Since people have been refusing to submit all along,
Islam has to be False.
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
Nick, you get the last word without giving pro a chance to respond to anything you say. That isn't a fair tactic and lens itself to a bad debate. You first rebuttal was an assertion of your faith without logical defense. It was also sarcastic to khizr. I am quite saddened at your performance this far as I would prefer you win. I am obligated to vote against you in favor of the side I disagree with.

I would gladly take you up on this debate if you would like to retry it. Barring hardware failure, I promise to give a rational response in a timely manner.
Posted by Ngrovcam 2 years ago
I felt it best to post my feelings in the form of comment on the debate thread so as to make it more open in the comments thread itself. As for my rebuttle, khizr, to your previous argument I will post that per the next round. I ask for some leneancy as this is leading up to my main point argument.

Nick C.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
And I will tell you the same think I tell Mormons. I have accepted the God of the bioble and choose to live on all his promises. Freedom from fear, sin, sickness, destruction and poverty,and in the world to come, eternal life.. Just exactly what promises in the Koran that are not in the bible. The same thing I said about the book of Mormon.
And I do see Jesus being the propitiation for sin, sickness fear, and poverty.And I am hopelessly attached to him as the firstborn of many brethren.Became sin so I can be made righteous. Bore my sicknesses for my healing. Raised from the dead for my resurrection. I am hopelessly in love with him.
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
When I studied Hinduism in college under a Muslim professor, we studied the history of India. When Muslims invaded, they conveyed with the sword. When Christians invaded, they established schools and universities. Even most Hindus preferred Christians to Muslims in India. It is funny you should bring that up.
America is not a Christian nation. When we talk about Muslim nations, they tend to be over 90% Muslim. Christianity is about half of Americans, and many are only nominal. America is against what Israel is doing in Gaza and has encouraged them to stop.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
Could you tell me where the Islamic haters of everything not muslim came from? How could a father or mother raise their child to strap on a bomb and to kill other peoples children. Where did that come from. I do not see any Christian people even remotely doing that.I was in jail about 20 years ago and had just become a Christian myself. I heard muslims talking about Jesus. I went over to them to see if I could join in. I wanted to know all I could about people who talked about him. They gave me a dirty look and walked off. That did puzzle me.
Posted by khizr 2 years ago
No, of course jesus( peace be upon him) did not start slavery or colonization. He was a righteous prophet.
I disagree with most of the things you said.
i don't deny that christians are more progressive nation, at least in this time.

The quran itself says:
.....and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant"
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
kzir; First there were 140,000 dead from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.The insane thing is that Japan did not surrender after the first one. What were they thinking. We killed more when we bombed Tokyo.That is war. Destroying those cities probly will never happen because we have weak people in our government. will grant you that.Not because of some perceived protection from allah. And did not muslims also dominate most of Europe at one time.
And as far as supporting Israel is concerned, we should. I would like to see palistine be named a nation on the global scene. Then when the freaks of islam lob missels into Israel, they can go in and wipe them out.You know this is a true saying. " If the palistinians would lay down their arms, there would be peace. If Israel would lay down their arms, there would be no Israel.
And how about you muslims. Actually killing people who are not of your persuation . And is widespread throughout islam. And what makes you think that jesus started slavery or colonization. He said go into all the world and preach, not take over.And as far as slavery is concerned, blacks in Africa would invade another tribe, take prisoners and sello slavery. That is not a cultural thing, but a heart thing.
Posted by Mussab 2 years ago
I'm gonna love this debate. I'm a Muslim.
I hope there is no bias in the voting against the Muslims like in all debates.
Vote Placed by Jellon 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Well, that was easy.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago