robert.fischer
bsufan101

R: This house would increase regulation of the US economy in order to reign in the current recession

bsufan101

robert.fischer

Con

So, bsufan101, we meet again on the field of battle!
In this debate, I will argue against the resolution, Resolved: This house would increase regulation of the US economy in order to reign in the current recession. Bsufan101 will argue in support of this resolution.
As tradition holds, the affirmative, in this case my opponent, will open the debate. I heartily await his opening arguments!
bsufan101

Pro

I would first like to thank my opponent for setting this debate up for us. First for definitions:
This house= U.S Executive Branch.
In my arguments I will be debating the need for the executive branch of the U.S government to increase the regulations of the economic stimulation plan.

As we have seen in the past few months the U.S gov. Has been giving money to banks and companies who are in desperate need for economic help. We also have seen these companies giving there executives the majority of that money for bonuses, and giving them gifts for there "great" work. I am taking the position that the executive branch needs to set up an office of people who will look over these companies and making sure that the money given to them is not being wasted on such frivolous things as giving bonuses out to the very people who put the company into the hole.
This group of people who will be working on this project will only be looking at the money given in the stimulus plan by the current president of the united states. And this will include any future money given to said companies by the current administration.
robert.fischer

Con

robert.fischer forfeited this round.
bsufan101

Pro

Well First to all reading this debate. I am a close friend with my opponent and am fully aware of his current situation and why he can not respond in the given time frame. So with that said I am opting to not respond with any more arguments until my opponent has posted.
robert.fischer

Con

robert.fischer forfeited this round.
bsufan101

Pro

Again my previous statement stands.
robert.fischer

Con

robert.fischer forfeited this round.
bsufan101

Pro

bsufan101 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by bsufan101 8 years ago
bsufan101
robert.fischerbsufan101Tied