Kellan01
saad1998

R.E should be an optional topic after KS2 in England

Kellan01

Pro

I think that Religious Education should be optional in schools after KS2. I'm looking for someone who thinks it should be how it is in the present day.

No definitions required.
saad1998

Con

Well, as much as I ponder over such a topic I think that religious education should not be optional the reason I have is that if religion is denied at such an age then the student suffers alot in the future. His heart turns dark with morally degraded views hidden underneath it,the student fails to recognize the Creator.
Moreover when the student reaches such a stage his personality development takes place which shapes the student for the rest of his life.when there is no religious education in such an age then the student might turn out as a neglectful, morally corrupt and disgraceful as religion is what shapes a person.The fact that the course interrupts other studies but religion is what one needs to return to oneday. Therefore it is best to have R.E. compulsory in England
Kellan01

Pro

So, here is my argument. Before, i start i would like to say that i cannot use any sources for my argument as my argument is from myself as there are not websites which give information regarding this topic.
So, i think R.E should be optional after KS2 and this is my biggest reason: not everyone wants to learn about religion as lots of people in this day and age are now atheist. People turn to atheism becasue the other choice is religion and there is very little stable material to prove that religion is true. So, therefore people turn to science and people become atheist. Also as we know science has been proven and we know that unless it is a un-proven theory, the majority of science and fact and more and more people in our day and age are now turning to reality, not trying to believe something which would be suitable for a fictional novel. So without going of at a tangent, people should be forced to learn the FACTS (i.e science), however the unproven stories and beliefs should be left the choice. If people believe in religion and if they have a faith, then fair enough, everyone has the right to believe what they want, however, if people believe in proven theory's then they should be able to stop R.E after Primary school education. Now you may have two main arguments against this which i aim to resolve. The first one is that you might say 'well, why not just make R.E optional after KS3 so people get to know a lot about different regions', however I think that after Primary school when the 'general knowledge' of the religions is taught, children know enough about R.E however this would also mean that R.E would have to be made core in Primary schools which it is in most in the present, including mine, which i went to. Another augment of yours could be that people haven't made their mind up at the end of KS2 about weather they have a faith or not, however, when i went to primary school everyone had made their mind up about there religion and everyone would have been in a position to make a decision as to weather they wanted to carry on with R.E or not.
I'll look forward to your arguments
saad1998

Con

saad1998 forfeited this round.
Kellan01

Pro

Kellan01 forfeited this round.
saad1998

Con

saad1998 forfeited this round.
Kellan01

Pro

Kellan01 forfeited this round.
saad1998

Con

saad1998 forfeited this round.
Kellan01

Pro

I have now waited 3 rounds for com to post his arguments and you have failed to do so. So, if Con does fail to once again post an argument in round 5, then you should vote pro for better arguments becasue i have actually posted an argument, the others you can decide, however it will difficult be to decided conduct etc. becasue con will have posted no arguments. I hope to see that Con has posted some arguments in the next round.
saad1998

Con

saad1998 forfeited this round.
Posted by orangemayhem 3 years ago
orangemayhem
Change this to a 48-hour response time and I'll take it.
Posted by Cobo 3 years ago
Cobo
When you say KS2, which country's education system are you referring to?
I think in England it's ages 8 to 11.