dinokiller
tvellalott

RE4 Chicago Typewriter, the Infinite Rocket Launcher, the Handcannon or the PLR412?

dinokiller

Pro

Before you accept this debate, there is 1 rule here. NO VOTING FOR YOURSELF.
If you do vote for yourself, consider yourself lost.

RE4 stands for Resident evil 4, a game created by Capcom.
This debate is all about the 4 strongest weapons in the game and to decide which one of the 4 is superior to the others.
I expect that my opponent has at least knowledge and has played RE4.
The choices are:

Chicago Typewriter
Infinite Rocket Launcher
S&W M500 aka The Handcannon
Plaga Removal LASER 412 (P.R.L.412)

My choice is the Chicago Typewriter.
Arguments are posted at round 2 and i wish my opponent good luck :P
tvellalott

Con

Hello to my opponent and thank you for such an excellent resolution. I bought the gamecube version of this game on release and clocked it as many ways as it could be clocked, so I know my stuff.

I will of course be arguing that the S&W M50, otherwise known as the Handcannon, is superior to the Chicago Typewriter.
So that I do not get an extra argument, I too will wait until round 2 to begin my arguments. I agree to not vote for myself as long as my opponent doesn't.
dinokiller

Pro

Very well, we both agree on something about voting.
I will bring forth my arguments why the Chicago Typewriter is superior above all else.

1. The Chicago Typewriter starts with UNLIMITED ammo and an endless clip.
You never have to reload and you can spray on your enemies, Chicago style.

2. The Chicago Typewriter does 10 damage per bullet and fires 10 rounds per second, meaning it deals 100 damage a second if all bullets hits. Simple Ganados dies from 1 or 2 shots.
Not to mention that the bullets sends your enemies flying and only a few can withstand its shots.

Arguments why the Handcannon is flawed:
1. Even with unlimited ammo, it deals 99.9 damage per shot. It fires 1 shot per 1.17 second.
In 1.17 second, the Chicago Typewriter can easily fire 11 or 12 bullets, easily dealing 110 or 120 damage.

2. The Handcannon misses easily and the slow firing speed puts you in danger if u ever miss. The Chicago Typewriter is fully automatic, doesnt have to reload and fires 10 rounds per seond. You are bound to hit something if you spray and pray.(Unless u fire 400 shots from close and miss all of them, which i declare you blind.)

And so, i give the spotlight back to you :P
tvellalott

Con

I thank my opponent for his speedy response and wish him the best of luck.

This debate as I understand it, is about which gun is superior; the Chicago Typewriter or the Fully upgraded Hand Cannon. I fully believe my resolution, which favours the S&W M500 hereon known simply as The Handcannon.

Arguments:

POINT ONE: Trophy value
This is an important point, which is why I have put it first.
The Handcannon represents the highest level of skill in the game of Resident Evil, due to it's high level of difficulty in obtainability.
To obtain the Chicago Typewriter, one must complete the game and then complete "Operation Ada" a mini-game set in later levels of the game. It was challenging, but nothing compared...
To obtaining the Handcannon, which required beating the game once and then beating all four levels of the Mercenary mini-game with all five characters on five stars. This took me months. See source 1 (http://au.gamespot.com...)

In summary, a lot of the enjoyment that I found in playing the Resident Evil games (and I've played them all, from the original Resident Evil on playstation to Resident Evil Zero to Resident Evil 5) was unlockables. Clearly obtaining the Handcannon can be regarded as a greater achievement.

POINT TWO: Fun
I played the game and I will admit that mowing down every enemy when you first arrive in the town square, even on Professional, was cool. Getting through the entire game like Rambo crossed with Scarface, fun... but be honest with yourself. What has more replayability in terms of challenge, the Handcannon or the Typewriter? Going through the game with just the Handcannon on Professional and not using any F-Aid Sprays (lol, F-Aid brings back memories) was hella fun, even when I fire it up now and do a one-sitting run through.

POINT THREE: Size
The gun is ridiculously big, essentially meaning: if you're using the Chicago Typewriter, you're not using much else. Obviously the Handcannon is much smaller and allows for several other guns to be carried with it.

POINT FOUR: Price
The Handcannon costs 790,000 fully upgraded, while the Chicago Typewriter costs 1,000,000. 'Nuff said.

Rebuttals:

REBUTTAL ONE: "The Handcannon misses easily and the slow firing speed puts you in danger if u ever miss."
I strongly disagree. Obviously the difficulty that it takes to obtain the gun is indication that you are worthy of it. I found it a ridiculously fun gun to use, killing those ogre things with 3 or 4 shots. Based on the tactics used to kill it (You'd have to dodge it's attacks and shoot it until a parasite popped out of it's back and then shoot that...) I can't see the Chicago Typewriter being significantly faster at beating it at all.

REBUTTAL TWO: The Chicago Typewriter is significantly more powerful than the Handcannon.
I strongly disagree. I would definately agree the Chicago Typewriter is EASIER TO USE, but in the right hand, both guns are very efficient killers.

SUMMARY
-The Chicago Typewriter is not as excluse as the Handcannon
-The Handcannon is more challenging to use, but when mastered is equally devastating.
-The Handcannon is much smaller in the inventory, allowing for a large variety of items.
-The Handcannon is cheaper.

VOTE Con
dinokiller

Pro

Time to refute all your arguments, dino's style.

POINT ONE: Trophy value
To obtaining the Handcannon, which required beating the game once and then beating all four levels of the Mercenary mini-game with all five characters on five stars. This took me months. See source 1 (http://au.gamespot.com......)

Yes, the Handcannon was harder to obtain, but harder equipment doesn't always means that it is the best. In this case, the rocket launcher can be rivaled to the Handcannon and yet, the Infinite rocket launcher is for sale immediately after you completed the game once.

POINT TWO: Fun

Replayability has nothing to do with a weapon being superior. If a weapon is superior above others, it means its the strongest and most effective. A gun that can mow down every single enemy is a sign of it being effective and strong.

POINT THREE: Size

Well, with the Chicago Typewriter, you wont be needing anything else actually.

POINT FOUR: Price

Well this can't be refuted since the price is true xD
However, think what you have to do to get either the Chicago Typewriter or the Handcannon.
For the Chicago Typewriter, you only have to complete Ada's side missions which is easy.
For the Handcannon, you have to 5 star every stage with EVERY character, not quite easy, right?
That 1.000.000 seems more worthwhile for you then the Handcannon, no?

Your rebuttals:

If you were facing El Gigante (i think this is what you ment by ogre) then any other strong weapons could easily kill the sub boss as you only needed to shoot the Plaga on his back while hes incapicated. However if you face a Regenerator or an Iron Maiden, you basically are screwed if you miss as they both either kill you instantly or deal high damage should they get too close to you and you miss. The Chicago Typewriter is the opposite of it. You can spray and pray those scary b*stards till they are dead and with soo many bullets flying in them, chances are you hit their Plagas.

Why is it then that the Chicago Typewriter does more damage per second?
But you are right, both weapons are efficient killer if used the right way.

SUMMARY:
-The Chicago Typewriter kills Ganados in 1 or 2 shots, a sign of superiority.
-The Chicago Typewriter is more useful for certain enemies like Regenerators
-The Chicago Typewriter may be more expensive, but makes up for its unlimited clip and automatic firing mode.
-The Chicago Typewriter deals more damage per second.(It deals 10 a 20 damage more)

This time i jam every source i have in here:
http://residentevil.wikia.com...
http://residentevil.wikia.com...
http://residentevil.wikia.com...
http://residentevil.wikia.com...
http://residentevil.wikia.com...

Btw, the Iron Maiden still freaks me out every once a while :O
tvellalott

Con

POINT ONE: Trophy value
My opponent agrees that the Handcannon is more difficult to obtain. Prestige is definately a factor of superiority.

POINT TWO: Fun
"If a weapon is superior above others, it means its the strongest and most effective."
The word superior has many meanings, but it doesn't neccessarily mean the strongest or most effective. The Handcannon could be classified as the weakest of the four guns in the resolution. I feel it is superior of other reasons.

POINT THREE: Size
"Well, with the Chicago Typewriter, you wont be needing anything else actually."
Well how much replayability does the Chicago Typewriter have then, if it's that or nothing. Replayability is definately a factor of superiority.

POINT FOUR: Price
Can't be rebutted. My opponents points are addressed elsewhere.

Your rebuttals:

REBUTTAL ONE: "However if you face a Regenerator or an Iron Maiden, you basically are screwed if you miss as they both either kill you instantly or deal high damage should they get too close to you and you miss."

I LOVE this type of enemy, for exactly that reason. It's nearly as terrifying as the reforming worm monster in RE0. With the Chicago Typewriter they're a push-over. As I've previously mentioned, the Chicago Typewriter is indeed easier to use. However, the Handcannon can kill these creatures with 2-3 accurate shots, so it's hardly useless against them.

SUMMARY

The argument is which weapon is superior. The only thing the Chicago Typewriter has over the Handcannon is that it is ridiculously overpowered, to the point of making the game easy. The Handcannon is a prestigious trophy weapon; more difficult to obtain, but cheaper to buy. It is extremely powerful, but small to carry allowing for a combination of other weapons if needed (they aren't, you can beat the game with just this gun). It's Scarface versus Dirty Harry. The Godfather versus James Bond. "Pray and Spray" is not fun, it's boring.
dinokiller

Pro

Time to wrap things up.

POINT ONE: Trophy value

How is prestige a superiority factor? Something superior means it stands higher above all else.
An overpowered weapon certainly stands higher above the Handcannon as you said in your summary.
A lesser weapon that is harder to obtain has no room for superiority.

POINT TWO: Fun

You feel? Well, i feel that my Chicago Typewriter is still superior to your handcannon for the exact same reason.

POINT THREE: Size

This is more an opinion actually, since people like me DO enjoy mowing down enemies with the Chicago Typewriter opposed to you. You can't refute our opinions.

POINT FOUR: Price

Well logically, prices are absolute. They are NEVER wrong (unless the opponent made a typo) but now, im referring to the avaibility of the weapon and the price whereupon the Chicago Typewriter is easier to unlock.

Your rebuttals:

"I LOVE this type of enemy, for exactly that reason. It's nearly as terrifying as the reforming worm monster in RE0. With the Chicago Typewriter they're a push-over. As I've previously mentioned, the Chicago Typewriter is indeed easier to use. However, the Handcannon can kill these creatures with 2-3 accurate shots, so it's hardly useless against them."

Yes, you are looking at the facts now if both weapons WERE shot accurately. I said, if u missed, YOU ARE SCREWED. The Chicago Typewriter on other hand, is nearly impossible to miss as you fire 10 rounds per second.
However, if both were shot accurately, then the difference isn't that big. (There still is a difference in power)

SUMMARY

Your arguments are reflected here only by this sentence: "Spray and pray is not fun"
Take note that thats an opinion since my Chicago Typewriter is clearly stronger then your weapon (you admitted) and you are trying to ignore the fact that my weapon is overpowered while making up arguments like replayability and prestige as superiority. A weapon being overpowered is a sign of superiority since the power is higher then the others. (you admitted it again)

For the reason that the Chicago Typewriter is overpowered, it is superior.
And because it is superior, VOTE PRO.
tvellalott

Con

SUMMARY:
TROPHY VALUE: My opponent and I will have to agree to disagree on whether or not the ‘trophy' value of a weapon adds to its superiority factor. I've proven sufficiently that the Handcannon is more difficult to obtain and thus has higher trophy value. I'll leave it up to the voters to decide if this is a worthy point.

FUN: This point was sort of side tracked with discussion about how much more powerful the Chicago Typewriter is. I agree; to the point of saying the Chicago Typewriter is so overpowered that it isn't fun to use. My opponent is of the opinion that reducing the game to a ridiculously easy level is fun. He did however agree that when used skilfully the Handcannon is very powerful as well. It's a matter of taste I suppose. I'll leave it up to the voters to decide what sounds more fun to them.

SIZE: Again, this all comes down to versatility. This game offers many, many different guns, all with many levels of upgrade. With the Handcannon you can carry a rifle, a shotgun, a bunch of grenades and health. Of course with the Chicago Typewriter you don't have this versatility.

PRICE: Obvious is obvious. The Handcannon is cheaper than the Chicago Typewriter.

CONCLUSION:

My argument is simple.
Based on the three rounds, I think these numbers are a good estimate on the factors we have discussed...
POWER:
-Handcannon: 4/5
-Chicago Typewriter: 5/5

VERSITILITY (Size)
-Handcannon: 5/5
-Chicago Typewriter: 2/5

FUN (Matter of taste)
-Handcannon: 4/5 ()
-Chicago Typewriter: 4/5
Increase to 5/5 and reduce Handcannon to 3/5 if you like overpowered weapons.
Reduce Chicago Typewriter to 1/5 if you like a Challenge

TROPHY VALUE (How difficult is it to obtain)
-Handcannon: 5/5
-Chicago Typewriter: 3.5/5

Unless you feel power is the only factor on whether one weapon is superior to another in a video game context, vote CON.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
The one who accepts the challenge is always at an advantage, it always been so :P
Posted by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
Due to Con's round 4 argument and summary -- he won. Good job both of you -- it was fun to read. :)
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Only reason why i putted the voting period to endless is that the voters gonna vote depending on their opinion. I already knew this was gonna happen.
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
I almost gave myself seven points to mess with you. :P Good luck dinokiller.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Lol made a typo in last sentence. It should be "and"
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
Can I argue for a fully upgraded Handcannon? That was my favourite gun.
Posted by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
The Chicago Typewriter is a damn good weapon.

Stats (this is from memory):
- unlimited ammo
- 100 damager per second
- dependent on the costume of Leon (he has a Mafia outfit), it can use a 50-round drum magazine otherwise it's a 30-drum magazine (I think)

However, there could be a good debate between the Rocket Launcher which is the most powerful weapon in the game (imo).
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
Sooo, you know what kind of weapons those all 4 are?
Do you also know what it does? And the damage per shot?
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
"Btw, if you dont play RE4 and agree with me, how can you know that the Chicago Typewriter is the best gun? You dont even know what it does xD." True I've never seen it in my life but there's this thing called google... I used it and saw that all RE4 gamers think Chicago Typewriter is the best gun. Hence Pro gets an easy win.
Posted by dinokiller 6 years ago
dinokiller
xD
Btw, if you dont play RE4 and agree with me, how can you know that the Chicago Typewriter is the best gun? You dont even know what it does xD.
Everyone wouldve picked rocket launcher the first glance.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
dinokillertvellalottTied
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 6 years ago
BillBonJovi
dinokillertvellalottTied
Vote Placed by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
dinokillertvellalottTied
Vote Placed by LaissezFaire 6 years ago
LaissezFaire
dinokillertvellalottTied