thewickedalf
Debating_Horse

RIght to listen to porn out loud?

thewickedalf has forfeited round #3.

thewickedalf

Pro

Finally I'm in college, and I don't have to live with my parents anymore, who were very religious, and so, although I thought about doing this, I couldn't at my home, because they would have kick me out. Not a lot of freedom there.
But now I have roommates only, and I feel that because I don't have any shame on watching porn videos, nor on masturbating, and since I'm not talking about putting the max volume so that it bothers them, I just mean enough volume as a normal movie would be, enough so that I don't need my headphones.

I think this, but yet, I haven't been brave enough to do it, should i? It's not like it's gonna bother them because it's too loud, but definitely they'll hear it, and then I should be brave enough to handle the situation and be honest about what I was doing and that I'm not ashamed . Is that fine? Do you guys think like me? Is it just a stupid fear that I should remove? Or I'm so wrong somehow?
Debating_Horse

Con

Argument:

I will argue that there should be no right to take such action.

There is no right to disturb them, or to play it out loud. Now I can comprehend how your dorm room partners cannot be troubled by the content you are watching, but to play it at "movie" volume and claiming to have the "right" to do so is wrong. It is not having a "right" to make an action, but to have permission to take that course of action, as they may be studying for an exam, or engaging in a conversation, of which of the two should not grant you rights to play your pornography out loud.

Conclusion:

It is the turn of the (pro) person to make his arguments so I rebut them.

Note: Please be respectful throughout this debate, also I welcome you here.
thewickedalf

Pro

I already adressed this, the porn wouldn't be so loud it would bother anyone, in the case they were studying, it wouldn't bother them more than if I had a movie or a normal tv show on, and I do that every day and it's fine.
I would argue even more, because they can't known whether I'm watching porn or just a hot scene from game of thrones for example.

The other day I listend to my roommate hearing an orgasm, I already had this debate in my head, so I rushed to the kitchen and asked him about it, and he told me, obviously it wasn't porn, but a song that happens to have an orgasm at the beggining.

So honestly, I think there should be no problem about watching porn like so, i shouldn't be afraid of doing it. I don't care if it's called right or not, but I totally can and should do that
Debating_Horse

Con

Rebuttal:

Again, it is not a "right" to do something, but to have permission.
You state that: "there should be no problem watching porn" the subject is not about watching it, but watching it with a "high volume", as the debate title is set. At the ending statement, you say:"I totally can and should do that" It is not right to play it loud, it is disrespectful, though you can ask to play it at a high volume, it is not your right to do it without permission.

Conclusion:

The (pro) person added on to his story and did not provide an actual argument against mine.
Posted by Debating_Horse 5 months ago
Debating_Horse
I hope he comes back and posts his next argument.
Posted by Perussi 5 months ago
Perussi
People are born with morals, you know it is wrong. There are some things that are inexplicably fact.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Porn is normal.
Posted by Swagnarok 5 months ago
Swagnarok
And...it wouldn't bother you at all? That other people knew what you were beating off to?
Posted by WOLF.J 5 months ago
WOLF.J
If you have no shame, then listen to it outloud, if you live alone, listen to it outloud. If you are stupid, by all means, listen to it outloud.
Posted by Debating_Horse 5 months ago
Debating_Horse
This debate should have been an "Forum Topic" placed in "Personal ". http://www.debate.org... But I can see you may be wanting to debate this.