Deafgift100
patrick967

ROBLOX is better than Minecraft

patrick967
Started: 8/2/2014 Category: Games

Deafgift100

Pro

I'd say ROBLOX is far better than Minecraft, because you can build and play games, and you can learn from the building. Many Minecraft users say the community is bad, but they are really all just copying each other.

Minecraft is overated too, people say that mods or texture packs or skins are absolutely free, which they are, and that's fine. But on ROBLOX, you actually have to EARN the customisation. You don't just get it usually.

Whoever is debating against should have a good re-think about what they're gonna say, because if anyone hears you saying "but roblokcz got bad hakcrs n gotbad comuminty but minecraft hasn't" then I think they'll explode with anger. Okay, probably true that the community is a bit bad, but is that your only argument?

Also, you say with minecraft, the possibilities are limitless. Well, my argument to that is the height limit of 200 and something. Limitless? With ROBLOX, you can make what you want, do what you want.

Also, how can ROBLOX be a copy of Minecraft if it is:
1: Made before it
2: More advanced than it
3: A friendlier place where it isn't pay-to-win?

Think before you type, guys, that's all I have to say.
And thank you for taking a lot of time to read all this.
patrick967

Con

Usually I debate religion and politics, but I feel like bringing out my inner 12 year old now, so here we go.

Pro first says that Roblox is better than Minecraft because: "...you can build and play games, and you can learn from the building."

Well, you can build and play games in Minecraft, too. In Minecraft, there are entire servers dedicated to certain games, such as:
-Hunger Games
-Hide n' Seek
-Jail Break
-GTA
-Cops n' Robbers
-Parkour
and so much more. If you would put all the mods and games together in Minecraft, they would far outnumber the games in Roblox. I don't know how you could learn anything from building things in Roblox, since that isn't the game's target. Sure, you can build levels, but you need Builder's Club (a monthly cost) to have more than one "place" running at once. In Minecraft, you pay once, and there's nothing else to worry about. You can make servers for free (expensive to run 24/7, but Mojang is not taxing you to have a server) and have more than one running at once.

"Minecraft is overated too, people say that mods or texture packs or skins are absolutely free, which they are, and that's fine. But on ROBLOX, you actually have to EARN the customisation. You don't just get it usually."
Right, like having to buy Builder's Club to play some games, and getting only ten tickets per login to slow you down from getting Robux. Sounds like "earning" to me.

"Also, you say with minecraft, the possibilities are limitless. Well, my argument to that is the height limit of 200 and something. Limitless? With ROBLOX, you can make what you want, do what you want."

Since when are you going to build something 140-200 blocks high? Without any mods, that's at least 4 hours of your time just building, never mind decorating. With Roblox, you can't make what you want. It's all pre-set for you. You're not "creating" anything. You're just placing things pre-made into an order that you like.

"Also, how can ROBLOX be a copy of Minecraft if it is:
1: Made before it
2: More advanced than it
3: A friendlier place where it isn't pay-to-win?"

I would like you to go into specifics how Roblox is more advanced than Minecraft, I'm not catching onto that point. Also, I think that Roblox would be "pay-to-win" as you get the most benefits by making monthly payments.

I look forward to the next round.
Deafgift100

Pro

Deafgift100 forfeited this round.
patrick967

Con

It seems that my opponent was a person who created an account just to debate this and will most likely never get on DDO again. Anyway, I extend my arguments.
Deafgift100

Pro

Deafgift100 forfeited this round.
Posted by Racism-is-right 2 years ago
Racism-is-right
Roblox today, your just spending a arm and a leg, you have to you your in-game money, but if you don't have enough guess what you have spend real cash, the second thing minecraft is a one time deal on a payment free skins and free to make severs
Posted by Firelife 2 years ago
Firelife
Servers have an option to make no height limit. Pro's point is invalid.

Not to mention you get more by spending lots of cash in roblox. Minecraft also has more support and easy to mod.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Deafgift100patrick967Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Deafgift100patrick967Tied
Reasons for voting decision: How unfortunate that Pro decided to waste Con's time. Conduct for the forfeits, arguments for the unrebutted case. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.