Race-based affirmative action in universities

This debate is for the user ABG and it will be concerning the use of race-based affirmative action in universities.
AA is the use of giving preference to minorities in universities at least in this case.
ABG will be arguing in favor of using this.

A college needs to have at least five percent blacks in their college

Example 2

A college had a choice between two similarly qualified students, one black and one white, they had to choose the black one.
No trolling
No semantics
No kritiks
No technicality wars (no definition or technicality argument)

First round is acceptance

I await this debate.

Please try not to forfeit

In short this is about AA in colleges

I will be arguing that affirmative action is a necessary programs for universities. My opponent, Mc 9 seems to oppose affirmative action, and most likely thinks that universities should accept students based on their skills and not their race. Mc 9 agrees to the rules and so do I, and I am ready!

mc9 forfeited this round.

Um, oookay then. I will make my first of two points of why affirmative action is necessary in universities. First I would like to say that unlike some certain views that people may have, I can totally see why someone would be against affirmative action. They most likely think that it is reverse discrimination against white people. That is a very reasonable argument, and heck, I used to oppose it myself for the exact same reason. Though after some serious thought about the world around me, I changed my mind. And now, would now like to explain how I feel now. First of all, affirmative action helps those who are disadvantaged, and those who come from places that lack opportunity. If there is a minority (or anybody) that applies to a good college, the chances are he or she has a passion about a certain field that they want to go into. What affirmative action does, is that it requires universities to give these wonderful, intelligent people the opportunity to learn, and to apply what they learn to real life. Maybe if minorities were to already go to college as much as whites do, I would feel that affirmative action is unnecessary, but since they don't, I don't feel this way.

ok sorry with Christmas I timed this horribly sorry.

It's pretty clear that this debate did not go anywhere, so yeah I'm not even gonna bother. Merry Christmas.
Posted by bballcrook21 10 months ago
@ABG you should start a debate with me about wealth redistribution, or anything of the sort. Basically, left wing econ vs right wing econ.
Vote Placed by Hayd 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I award Conduct because Con forfeited. I award Pro arguments because Con dropped all Pro's arguments and did not make any himself.