Rxan
calculatedr1sk

Race based groups hindering the groups they represent

Rxan

Con

For the first round I would like to explain the debate. When I say race based groups hinder the groups they represent, I do not mean directly. What I mean is that groups like the NCAAP or BET, which members are selected based on race, are not getting rid of the racial discrimination that they say to work to get rid of. In this short debate, I wish for some one would will not bring in feelings in to this but logic and sense. Good luck and may the better debater come out on top.
calculatedr1sk

Pro

As the instigator used the first round only to explain the debate and did not offer that I could post an argument in the first round, I will refrain from doing so and limit my comments to being in relation to acceptance.

A warm welcome to DDO, Con! I am glad to debate this topic with you. My goal in accepting is not necessarily to argue in favor of the side that I personally agree with, but rather to challenge myself to grow and take my objectivity and debate skill to the next level through a willingness to organize a viable argument on behalf of either position, regardless of my own personal opinions. You see, I presently do not know for sure which side it is that you want me to argue in favor of, so would you please clarify what exactly it is that you are "Con" against, and explicitly what resolution I am to set out proving in this debate? My gratitude, kind sir.

Please begin with your opening argument.
Rxan

Con

Staring new debate - The NAACP helps African Americans more than it hinders them
calculatedr1sk

Pro

This debate will be moved to the URL below. Voters, please disregard this debate in favor of the following.

http://www.debate.org...

Also, because I can: THIS.

Rxan

Con

She will be riding across the mountain when they comes, she will be riding across the mountain, she will be riding across the mountain, she will be riding across the mountain when they come.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer take one down, pass it around, .... well the other bottles where given away in charity, so 1 bottle of beer on the wall, one bottle of beer on the wall, take it down, DONT pass it around, and we got no bottles on the wall anymore.
calculatedr1sk

Pro

Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!!!

Posted by Rxan 3 years ago
Rxan
I agree with all you just said, however how do I make that happen?
Posted by calculatedr1sk 3 years ago
calculatedr1sk
Yes, if the resolution is that "Race based groups are hindering the groups they represent" then it sounds like your position is really Pro the resolution. For the reader's convenience, the resolution could be reformatted and even made more specific: The NAACP helps African Americans more than it hinders them. Then I could be Pro to allow you to accurately position yourself as Con.

For a debate this short, I'd prefer to debate over just one group anyway. What do you think?
Posted by Rxan 3 years ago
Rxan
Thank you for asking that question, I think that I would better be suited as a pro, however I choose con. My main thought was that they are hindering race equality.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
So are you con, as in you do not think they hinder Race Equality? Or as in you're against them because they hinder Race Equality?