Jopophoto
Nasser

Racisim

Nasser

Jopophoto

Con

My stance: Racism is illegitimate and contains no logic whatsoever. I am totally against racism as a Christian.
I would like to debate the ethics and the justifiability of racism amongst Christians, so please only respond if you are Christian yourself.
Please post your argument in the next text box.
Nasser

Pro

I might not be Christian, but I will review this topic from a Christian perspective.

Yes, racism is somewhat logical, but not in the way people think of it.

The definition of racism can be very simple, but at the same time very complex. Racism is the act of frowning upon a certain cultural group, or having a policy with the ideology that one race is superior to the other.

Racism has a lot of levels. For example, it becomes a big problem when a certain race cannot work or live freely, while the other can.

Now, as racism can look very illogical, it IS logical. Say you live in the stone age in a town full of whites, and then, somehow, a black individual comes by, you will be stunned. Since all of the population consists of one color, a black person will look very weird to the point where you may think he's not human, or he's a demon or something.

Also, another kind of racism that can be logical, is the act of "generalizing". Which nowadays applies to blacks (at least in the U.S), such things, to me, are actually logical. Look at how most blacks act, look at their neighborhoods, or their songs. Weed, women, weapons and violence, and some of them are actually proud of it! Look at the how much blacks are more likely to go to prison that whites are. A big difference.

That still doesn't mean I support that kind of ideology, but if someone does it, I know where he comes from.

Coming back to Christian perspective, if I was Christian, and followed the Bible correctly, I would not be racist, not even in the slightest. Look at Romans 2:11 "for God shows no partiality" and Acts 10:34 "So Peter opened his mouth and said: Truly I understand that God shows no partiality", and those are just a few examples.

Conclusion: Christianity - in no way, shape or form - supports racism.

I hope your fully understand what I meant.
Jopophoto

Con

So, if Christianity does not support racism, then you agree? I'm sorry, I am very confused. Do you, or do you not, support racism?
Nasser

Pro

I do NOT support racism, but disagree with your statement that racism is illogical.

Again, I don't support the ideology of racism, and also fully agree with how Christianity tolerates racism. But to me racism actually contains logic and consists of some legitimacy.

I apologize for not being able to convey my thoughts clearly.
Jopophoto

Con

By stating I believe racism is illogical, I meant that the act of feeling and acting on the belief that one race is inferior or below you.
"Say you live in the stone age in a town full of whites, and then, somehow, a black individual comes by, you will be stunned. Since all of the population consists of one color, a black person will look very weird to the point where you may think he's not human, or he's a demon or something."
Yes, that would be logical, but I am talking about these days. We all know that there are people with brown skin, tan skin, and pale skin. And they are human.

"Also, another kind of racism that can be logical, is the act of "generalizing". Which nowadays applies to blacks (at least in the U.S), such things, to me, are actually logical. Look at how most blacks act, look at their neighborhoods, or their songs. Weed, women, weapons and violence, and some of them are actually proud of it! Look at the how much blacks are more likely to go to prison that whites are. A big difference."
Oh, I do agree with this. There most definitely is a higher percentage of African Americans going to jail and committing crimes than Caucasians. However, that does not support the claim that a race as a whole is bad. Not every single African American is a bad person or has gone to jail. Many are good people. You cannot look at someone with dark skin and automatically and correctly assume they have bad morals.

Say you lived on a planet where your race was known for growing, selling, and consuming LSD. But you, an individual, did not do this. How would you feel if someone looked at your race, and put you with the majority of people in your race and immediately you were fired from your job, evicted out of your house, and shunned from your community. Just. Because. Of. Your. Race.

Of course, I am NOT implying that it would be politically incorrect for a witness to tell officers the suspect was African American. I
Nasser

Pro

1. Whatever race or color you are, you are still human, like everyone else.

2. Looking at yourself as a superior person because of your race is illogical.

3. Generalizing a race as bad is logical, and does not contradict what I said in point #2.

4. You can look at a race as bad, but not to the point where you put them in prison, or kill them, or do such acts that affect their lives.
Jopophoto

Con

"1. Whatever race or color you are, you are still human, like everyone else." I totally agree.

"2. Looking at yourself as a superior person because of your race is illogical." Again, I agree. To do so would be racist.

"3. Generalizing a race as bad is logical, and does not contradict what I said in point #2." Please explain exactly HOW doing so would be logical.

"4. You can look at a race as bad, but not to the point where you put them in prison, or kill them, or do such acts that affect their lives." True, a person can do this, but to do so would be wrong and unjust, as I stated in my last argument.

Please, respond to my arguments instead of just stating your beliefs over again without any supporting evidence, respectively.
Nasser

Pro

Thank you for responding.

Let me clear this out for the last time.

1. Racism is logical, if it is intangible, for example, fearing a race because most of them commit crimes.
2. Racism is illogical, if it tangible, for example, torturing someone because he his race, or having racially segregated areas.
Jopophoto

Con

Really. While I applaud your clear statement of your POSITION over and over again, you do lack supporting evidence in all your 'arguments'. Yes, I do get that you believe racism is logical, if it is incapable of being realized or defined, and racism is illogical, if capable of being realized or defined (whatever that means). My point is that I REALIZE that you BELIEVE this. However, stating the same argument over and over again without acknowledging any of MY arguments is not debating.
It's the very definition of insanity.

So, taking out the tangible part, you say racism is illogical, for example; torturing someone because he his race, or having racially segregated areas. I agree with this. Racism is illogical.
And THEN you go on to say it IS logical; for example, fearing a race because most of them commit crimes. AS I KEEP ON SAYING, yes, more African Americans than Caucasians go to jail, but fearing an individual simply because of the color of their skin and stereotyping a friend with other people they may disapprove of as much as you is racist, discriminatory, and just plain 'ole RUDE. And actually pretty idiotic. You should first look at a person's appearance, who they hang out around, etc., and make an educated guess on whether or not they are a threat to you. I mean, who would you be more afraid of if you were a teenage girl; a drunk, unkempt creep who just happens to be Caucasian, or a well dressed, polite African American going to work on a Monday morning?

Well, I'm sorry we didn't get into any real debating, and the rounds are up. Good luck in the voting period!

And, thank YOU for responding.
Nasser

Pro

I really can't see how you can provide "evidence" in this case... Did you go provide any evidence? No.

Racism isn't a case where you can provide real life cases that can tell you if THAT is logical and THIS is not. It comes down to a country's point of view.

I lived in black neighborhoods before and I have feared the ones that look like gangsters and didn't fear or stereotype the ones that rather looked like polite, or well-dresses.

You can just go on and on in this argument, and you will get zero results. Your point was that racism is an illogical and illegitimate thing, and you wanted to know the justifiably of racism from a Christian point of view (The Bible).

The things I went on to argue about were that some cases of racism contain legitimacy and is somewhat logical, just like the points I stated previously.

I in fact DID acknowledge all of your arguments, but in the second round you stated that you were confused, so I cleared my points out, in the third round, you mentioned YOUR arguments, so I responded with my point of view (by summarizing my points), I did not lack evidence, since you can't provide evidence in a case like this.

This is a debate, it comes down to YOUR personal perspective and mine. And again, you keep repeating the same things. Oh well, I might have repeated myself as well. but the points you made are the same.

You CAN generalize a race. If I saw a white person that looks like a punk I would fear him, and if I see a black person that looks the same I would fear him too. I personally am a victim of the "Knockout Game". Who were the ones who started it? Blacks, not whites. I'm quite sure that blacks are violent than whites. Now imagine if Caucasians did this kind of act, and blacks said whites are violent. Who would give a damn? No one! Everyone will say their words are actually logical and legitimate.

I am not going to be racist in a way that - for the 3rd time - is tangible. I am not going to scream in every black man's face. I am not going to put them in prisons. I am not going to make racially segregated areas. I am not going to give sanctions to discriminate a race from another.

Thank you for responding and debating with me.

Good luck in voting period, mate.
:D
Posted by PoliticalNuts 1 year ago
PoliticalNuts
Because @Jopophoto really DID use more supporting 'evidence' in the context of reason. While what I read is that @Nasser stated his arguments over and over again. Rounds two, three, four, and five for him all looked the same, and he did not, in fact, respond. He just said the SAME thing again and again. Even I was a little confused with what he said in the first round!. And I think that Jopophoto did a good job arguing their points, too.
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Challenge me the debate and I shall accept.
Posted by Jopophoto 1 year ago
Jopophoto
On the contrary, racists can be Christian, but Christianity is not racist.
Posted by truezipang 1 year ago
truezipang
You know, Christianity was basically all about racism. For centuries, whites used Christianity as a tool for converting African/Asian nations into plantations.
Posted by Jopophoto 1 year ago
Jopophoto
Thank you for the advice. That would be a very good thing to do next time, imnotacop.
Posted by imnotacop 1 year ago
imnotacop
I prefer to be an actual person who reacts to thing in a way that I'd actually react to them in. It's a lot more attractive than being robotic. It's called being genuine. Why are you going to argue in favor of racism than?
Posted by DDDDaniel 1 year ago
DDDDaniel
Please do not assume that I agree with racism. Far from it. I believe that racism is very counter intuitive. However, I do enjoy debating sides that are against what I believe. It allows for a better rounded outlook on life.
Don't you agree?
Posted by DDDDaniel 1 year ago
DDDDaniel
I'm very sorry that I offend you, sir.
What I meant to say was that when i debate, I prefer to have a clear resolution to know EXACTLY what I am debating. If I am merely debating a single word, things might get a bit confusing.
All that aside, I suggest you maintain a professional demeanor, even when you are not debating.
But, you know, that's just my opinion.
Posted by imnotacop 1 year ago
imnotacop
Of course the racist, conservative, christian doesn't know is a complete retard. Illegitimate means wrong, he's negating it's legitimacy.
Not only is this good enough, you've completely butchered it with your shitty advice.
Posted by imnotacop 1 year ago
imnotacop
Okay, so what makes your race superior?
isn't that a matter of opinion?
I think white people are inferior to black people, so kill yourself, okay?
Vote Placed by gannon260 1 year ago
gannon260
JopophotoNasserTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was utterly confused throughout much of the debate and did not create reasons why racism was illogical. There was a hole in the debate about what racism is and isn't but seeing as pro made a good argument con didn't reject, i had to vote pro.