sammy52520
Hiu

Racism: Our widening dividing gap

sammy52520 has forfeited round #4.

sammy52520

Con

As we come close to an end of 2016, I wanted to talk about our current issues with race. Race personally doesn't bother me with people, but it does bother me when I get told who I am. Since the incidents of the shootings with cops in Dallas and in the southern states, I have been ready to voice my opinion. Though it is understandable the arguments pleaded with this. I believe that "All Lives Matter". I believe yes, that I as a person shouldn't have to punish myself because of the stereotype that all white people are racist. All Lives do Matter, and by saying that "All Lives Matter" I am saying not only White people, but ALL races. Do I think anything that the people who were the shooters were right, but that doesn't mean that the whole white race is held for the fault of. I have been told how racist I have been because I discuss racism. It is not right that any other person with a different race can be okay with this. Equality isn't the praise or recognition of anything because of bias. Equality should be the respecting of the rights that we are given as an American citizen and bystander. Is it completely right that these affairs are biased by the with-holder of this responsibility: no. The Civil Rights movement in the 1950s to 1960s was justified by the rights that were not respected. It was inhumane to completely demote a race and completely disembody a person for their entitled. However in our present, for the most part, we are respecting rights. The killings were not right ,but when has it been found in bulk in places with direct idea of racism. It has been the assumption and paranoia that the more recent shootings were race based. As a white person, I have been entitled to be "privileged". Yet, I don't come near to it. I don't go walking into a job interview and get automatically hired for it, nor do I walk into band audition and them automatically favoring me for my race. I guarantee that the idea of "privileged" is coming from the prejudice of the people who "privilege" their favor of race. Yet, a whole race is getting blamed for it. I mean with BuzzFeed's video about being a Black Woman, it talks about the troubles of being a Black Woman and the stereotypes about being a Black Woman. Yet when a white person posts about the stereotypes that they are racist, privileged, and other stereotypical judgements, they are being racist. Now what I think is happening between us all in America, is wrong. It is splitting us all up. We have conquered so much in our history books. But to hold grudges and to blame for the invisible stereotypes by and against an even smaller minority is inhumane. We need to take into an account of the majority of the minority who don't receive or give out the reasons for our protests. And understand that instead of punishing All, punish THOSE who are the Arbitrators of the idea. To take a look at the big picture and the people at the head of the problem should be the effort WE should ALL be taking
Hiu

Pro

With respect to the OP you need to narrow down a specific subject you'd wish to debate about. However, I'm prepared to debate you on this topic.
sammy52520

Con

Well, I was debating how the stereotypes are affecting the way that America is perceiving racism. I am sorry for the miscommunication.
Hiu

Pro

The problem with the OP"s initial premise is, when discussing stereotypes the author needs to highlight a specific issue regarding stereotypes in relation to the Con view. The OP has highlighted several issues in one large paragraph. The OP has highlighted the debate title "Racism: The widening gap" but the OP has not stated their view which leaves more confusion. Since my acceptance of this debate, the author is ow discussing stereotypes which are a lot different than discussing racism and how it widens the gap (I am confused as to what the gap is in relation to the subject matter). I suggest in further rounds to not confuse the audience (along with myself) the author actually presents a premise in relation to the subject matter along with their views.
sammy52520

Con

MY original title talked about Modern Issues of Racism. I am expressing my opinion on the race subject by explaining it based upon the stereotypes that have been said and expressed. I have been trying to explain it. I felt that I should just cover a fine point of this subject. I thought about 2015- 2016 and covered items from the year compiled it together in my views. Though I am not the best with grammar or fluency, I feel like the point that I am getting across is simple. I would love to here your opinions on this subject. I feel that America isn't focusing on racism in 2015-2016 from both sides of it all. I am trying to explain my side of this and my views and ideas about this subject as well as I can.
Hiu

Pro

Well with any debate, there must be a clear and concise order of information that must be stated coherently in order to have a viable debate so that from my position I know which way I am arguing. But let us move on. According to the author, racism is not much of a problem, and I beg to differ. The reason people are often sensitive regarding race in conjunction with police encounters is because there is a feeling of racial discrepancy which has been proven with statistical evidence from various outlets. Racism is still a problem and will always be a problem because there will be a large section of people that will deny it exists because those people of that sector are uncomfortable in addressing the issue. If racism was not an issue why is Obama in the history of the United States the most disrespected president in U.S. history? His elected presidency does not mean racism evaporates because after all Obama has financial influence and like all things in the U.S. money talks. However racism still is a big issue in the United States that needs to be addressed.
Posted by TheBenC 8 months ago
TheBenC
This is stupid and only stupid people would think the gap between races is widening. The only thing that is happening is everyone has a camera and records everything that happens. In the 80s and 90s there was much more of racist crap going on. You know more about it now and see it more often because the media wants you to watch their commercials. They want you to think there is an epidemic going on when in reality it is nothing.

A Harvard professor showed how there is no racial bias, let alone outright racism, in police shootings. The professor who did the study was black and surprised at the results he found.

http://www.nber.org...

Why do my links not show up as links?
Posted by Bocaj1000 8 months ago
Bocaj1000
As Overhead said. I believe racism is horrible, but it's also not the most important issue currently. But I'm nor sure what your argument is.
Posted by Overhead 8 months ago
Overhead
Might help if you actually put a specific topic up for debate.