"Racism" and "Racist"
Debate Rounds (3)
I dont understand what you mean by these words, so im simply going to imply your concept of racism and racist. The word racist is a ajective and a noun. racist person could besome who prejudice in to aethnic group or racial group. A racist is used as a ajective when discribing a noun is apperaing to be racists or like a racist.
I see this happen way too much with other people on the left for my taste.
many left are open minned people and by other people you mean other then yourself, you mean to say that all left sided people are racist, i disagree with this statment because its unfair to judge all left for being racists. in fact. i feel that this statment is discriminator and unjustifyed because of the use for my taste. this statment proves not only do you have have a baised reality but a discriminatory on to others
voters vote for me
1) I CLEARLY justifyd and enlighnting you about the diffrence bettween racism and a racist( used as a adjective or noun)
2) i clearly more liberal and open minded than the pro
3) my statement represent the freedom and anti discrimination of all liberals and the educated view of this topic
1) I know racist is both an adjective and a verb.
2) That was not a part of the debate whom was more liberal than who, I simply asked to debate a liberal because this happens most often on the political left from what I have seen.
3) I am all for freedom and anti discrimination so long as people really aren't discriminating instead of talking about how enlightened they are (not a direct reference to con) so they may discriminate against those whom hold views that oppose their own.
What I meant was that in this day and age it seems to me that many people use the words racism and racist to describe anyone they disagree with.
*MANY PEOPLE AS IN LIBERALS, you are change the phrase used above "...many people".
First I would like to note that The Republican Party is not racist, you are correct but incorrect . That is not to say it doest’t have racists within its ranks, but the views held by the racist factions do not represent the official platform of the Republican Party, but to be fair there are also many African American republicans http://en.wikipedia.org.... Also, I would like to note that racist messages on boards about all Republicans are limited. I believe that most liberals are not discriminatory towards reblicans personally. but some liberals posting those message on those boards aren't the most educate, you see if they were educate they would post legitimize comments about republican faults in the past! politically racism isn't a problem in America, our president is half black and they're are many different ethnics in all areas of our government.
vote for me
1) con simply understand the contexts of their use of the word racist or racism
2) con is attack liberal in a biased manner, con also fails to prove that some liberals are like racists or racists
3) con says "I am all for freedom and anti discrimination so long as...
really aren't discriminating.....so they may discriminate against those whom hold views that oppose their own.
pro doesn't understand the meaning of freedom, I'm totally against racist comments, but I'm also for free speech and free thought. being liberal is strongly for social freedoms. I heavily believe in the First Amendment which justify our rights. I believe that anything against the First Amendment is wrong and criminal. racist comments and racist thoughts aren't criminal, so as a long as they follow the First Amendment. this is why groups like the kkk and neonazis still operate in the usa (because some members follow the First Amendment)
oreostar forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Neonix 4 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||5||0|
Reasons for voting decision: -Con's spelling was giving me nosebleeds. Spelling Point for Pro. -Con has a forfeiture in this debate. Conduct goes to Pro. -The topic didn't become clear until the middle of the debate, making it difficult to judge arguments. However, Pro was much more clear to his purpose and he finished every round. Arguments go to Pro.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.