donkey52
sungod97

Racism is a part of Human Nature.

donkey52

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate! I will be defending the my point in that racism is a part of human nature and we cannot help but judge another color/race.

To clear things up, I am not a racist.

First round is for acceptance.
donkey52

Pro

donkey52 forfeited this round.
sungod97

Con

My opponent says he isn't racist. That should speak for itself.
donkey52

Pro

donkey52 forfeited this round.
sungod97

Con

Because my opponent has forfeited, he hasn't attacked so I can't say anything.
donkey52

Pro

donkey52 forfeited this round.
sungod97

Con

Because my opponent has forfeited, I must win.
Posted by Deathisha 3 years ago
Deathisha
I think this is an extremely good topic to debate but I hope the debate goes well.

Allow me to offer an opinion, if I may.

In my mind I believe racism will persist as long as (simply using the most hot-button races but naturally this applies for all) whites and blacks behave differently. Now that in itself is an explosive statement sure to rustle a few feathers but allow me to explain.

If skin colour or culture (or religion for that matter) can be used as a proxy for anything, then racism will not disappear. For example, as long as the black man is consistently poorer than the white man, his skin colour will be associated with being poor.

I want to take a moment to explain what I mean by consistency, since I am borrowing a very specific definition for it from statistics. In essence, when something is consistent in statistics, it means that if you take a random group of individuals, in our case black and white people and compare their incomes, the blacks will be poorer than the whites almost all the time on average, especially of the group sampled is larger.

In essence, this is true of many things including violent crime, another sticky point that comes up in racial debates. In per capita terms, black persons are responsible for more violent crimes than white persons. If this is in fact true, then their skin colour again becomes a proxy for the more violent.

Skin colour ought to be like eye colour. Blue eyed persons are not more violent or rich than those with brown eyes. They are physical differences that correlate with nothing, something that is untrue of skin colour.

In closing however, I want to emphasize that I do believe a white man and a black man are born equal. Both can do potentially great things as well as potentially dismal things in their lifetime. Society and culture determine what in fact does happen.

Thus, if black men behave more like white men (or the reverse, it doesn't matter) racism will vanish.
Posted by Chandank 3 years ago
Chandank
I think that donkey52 has a valid point that goes beyond racism.
When we see a person we immediately begin to judge them
(consciously or unconsciously) on their sex, race and
their entire physical appearance whether we want to or not
and because of this treat them differently, so in a sense are all racist.
Posted by kyudisease 3 years ago
kyudisease
How can you say that you are not a racist when, by the very nature of your argument, you propose that Everybody is racist?