SongHaGin
Lexus

Racism is justified.

Lexus

SongHaGin

Con

First round is acceptance.
I am against this. I just want to see why people are racist.
Lexus

Pro

I offer these definitions so we know what we are talking about from a point of authority over what we believe the words to mean in everyday vocabulary:
  • Racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
  • Justified: having, done for, or marked by a good or legitimate reason [1]
I assume that we have a split burden of proof because the first round is for acceptance, and con has to provide arguments in the next round.

[1]. Google's definition feature

SongHaGin

Con

Let's talk about being moral.
First of all, racism is not justified because It hurts one another's feelings. Trying to prove that your race is superior to someone else's is, most of the time, uncalled for.
We must remain humane.
Secondly, racism dates very far back, and to be racist would be evoking very old feelings.
Being racist would mean starting a conflict, and not everyone likes conflict.
What I am trying to say here is that, to be racist, would be knowingly hurting someone.
And that, is simply, wrong.
Lexus

Pro

Note: In this debate, I don't need to justify every type of racism (ex: racism against white people to discriminate), just to say that in principle, it is justified.

My case will depend on racism (the notion that one race is inferior to another) against black people compared to white people.

C1. Intelligence
It is well known that black people in the world have a lower intelligence level than that of white people. As the Psychology Department of Western University finds in 2005 [1]:
  • "Currently, the 1.1 standard deviation difference in average IQ between Blacks and Whites in the United States is not in itself a matter of empirical dispute ... Racial-group differences in IQ appear early. For example, the Black and the White 3-year-old children in the standardization sample of the Stanford–Binet IV show a 1 standard deviation mean difference after being matched on gender, birth order, and maternal education (Peoples, Fagan, & Drotar, 1995). Similarly, the 240 RUSHTON AND JENSEN Black and the White 21⁄2- to 6-year-old children in the U.S. standardization sample of the Differential Aptitude Scale have a 1 standard deviation mean difference"
What they find in this paper is that there is a 15 point intelligence quotient difference between blacks and whites that were surveyed. Obviously, this means that there is a superior race when it comes to intelligence; and discriminating against black people based on their intelligence levels is a legitimate reason, which is what my burden is to prove.

C2. Violence
As Time Magazine notes in 2013:
  • "young black men do commit about 50% of the murders in the U.S. ... Young black men murder 14 times more than young white men. "
This means that black people are more violent than white people, meaning that they are inferior because they prefer to kill over being peaceful; negatively impacting society because they reduce the population of the superior race. There is a legitimate reason to think that people of a group that have 14 times higher homocide rates should be thought of as inferior, thus I have met my burden even further.

Thus, I affirm.

Now, I will look at my opponent's case and refute what they have to say.

"racism is not justified because It hurts one another's feelings"
Then neither is the criminal justice system, because it hurts the feelings of criminal wrong-doers. That's not a reason to negate, it's a truism that doesn't matter.
"We must remain humane."
Racism is humane because it looks at the crimes of a race and compares them to the crimes of another; I don't see what you are trying to get across here.
"Secondly, racism dates very far back, and to be racist would be evoking very old feelings."
So do human insticts, such as the instict to breathe. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have these old feelings.
"Being racist would mean starting a conflict, and not everyone likes conflict."
Actually, it appears that black people are the people starting conflict; putting these people in their places is actually less of a conflict because it is justifiable. You don't have a warrant for this claim either, so we can just disregard it as false.
"And that, is simply, wrong."
Why? You say it is wrong but offer no real reasons why it is.

[1]. http://psychology.uwo.ca...
[2]. http://ideas.time.com...;
SongHaGin

Con

Forfeit. Being moral is a reason to debate.
Lexus

Pro

My opponent forfeits because they cannot find an actual reason to not be a racist. Being racist is the only way to live a good life.

Vote pro.
SongHaGin

Con

Whoa...
Being racist is NOT the only way to live a good life.
One way you could live a good life is to be open to the whole world.
>>>Living Proof<<<
Actually, If you're not racist, Vote Con.
Lexus

Pro

DDO debates is meant to be voted on based on what is contained within the debate, not what people believe, so someone voting for you after you conceded because they aren't racist isn't a valid vote.

Racism IS the only good way to live because you judge people based on objective data, not your feelings as the con advocates. You may disagree with me, but pro forfeited and conceded, therefore I should win.

White power!
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
Cool.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
I don't care for this debate anymore.
Posted by Zexcoiler_Kingbolt 1 year ago
Zexcoiler_Kingbolt
Ahh. Makes sense then. Hope you recover. :/
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
I'm kind of an emotional wreck right now, so I can't care about anything right now. My profile is wrecked also.
Posted by Zexcoiler_Kingbolt 1 year ago
Zexcoiler_Kingbolt
I am sorry for this, but I looked at the debate, and Lexus won...

SongHaGin, I know that in future debates you may be able to construct your debate with more evidence from other sources, and you can at also do appeal to emotion using loaded language. If your strategy will consist of just appealing and repeating, you might not win over many readers of the debate.

Lexus, you made some great arguments. I cast my personal feelings aside for this debate and looked at both sides. Even though I strongly hate racism with a burning passion, I know that I would vote for you if I had never been exposed to both sides before.

May your argument and persuasion skills grow stronger.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
You butchered my appeal to emotion so I just knew that I wouldn't win.
>>Rainbow Power <<
Posted by Lexus 1 year ago
Lexus
White power. Praise the LORD God, who created a white Adam and Eve, and their mutant mutt children with the monkeys turned into other races. (kidding l0l).

The debate was just devil's advocate since it looked like an easy win. You should have tried to appeal to emotion lol, that'd get you votes instead of forfeiting. Oh well, tnx for making me seem racist.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
No,
>>Rainbow Power<<
Non- racist power.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I'll troll this if Wytled doesn't.
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
SongHaGinLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: The con did forfeit so I did subtract points from conduct. Lexus undoubtedly provided a much stronger argument, and destroyed Con's case completely. He also used statistics and sources to prove his point where con was more moral and opinion based.
Vote Placed by Zanomi3 1 year ago
Zanomi3
SongHaGinLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to Pro as he successfully provided arguments as well as sourced them. Conduct and spelling remained fairly even throughout the debate.