TrueJustice
Master_Debat3r

Racism is still breathng in today's society

TrueJustice

Pro

This is a free style debate, completely informal say what is on your mind nothing will be held personallly.
The first round is acceptance no argument
The 2nd round is when the debate will begin.
Good luck to whoever my opponent this topic should be fun.
Master_Debat3r

Con

I accept your debate! This is my first debate on this website, forgive me if I take a while to respond as I will do a little research between posts. Also this will hopefully be the first time I have debated with someone online, and has not turned into a slur-fest! Let it begin!
TrueJustice

Pro

First let me give thanks to my opponent for accepting this challenge and I am sure it will be a fun debate for both sides.
Being on the Pro side of the resolution I feel that I only need to prove one instance to show how racism is still active in todays society. If I prove that I have won this case.
So lets first define the word racism.
Racism-
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
(dictionary.com)

Based upon this definition we can say that racial stereotypes comes hand in hand with the trm of racism. So being the pro i will provide racial stereotypes that will show racism is still alive.

Black people are good in basketball.
White people have no rhythm but have great credit scores.
All hispanics in America are illegal citizens that hop fences.
Every asian is intelligent

These are four popular stereotypes that go into the racial profling or stereotype.
Since racial stereotypes go hand in hand with racism, than these previous stereotypes prove racism still breathes in today's society
Master_Debat3r

Con

Master_Debat3r forfeited this round.
TrueJustice

Pro

Well my opponent does not refute any arguments nor does he make any arguments, so anything does or say in round 3 is invalid and sould not be voted on seeing how I do not have the ability to defend my self or create a rebuttal.
Master_Debat3r

Con

Master_Debat3r forfeited this round.
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
Rascism doesn't breathe. It's still around, sure. It's still a problem, indeed. But it's not a living organism that inhales and exhales. I could manipulate the fvck out of the semantics on this, but I won't, as a gesture of good faith.
Posted by adontimasu 4 years ago
adontimasu
You would have to be pretty stupid to Con this debate; all Pro has to do is cite one single instance of racism existing, and he wins.
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
Ez win...
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
I would have argued that too
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
I would argue... racism is not an entity that breathes