fazz
Lordgrae

Racist jokes are the best type of jokes.

fazz

Pro

This is not a argument. Not a serious one at least.

No violent words. Humor is the only weapon here.

The rules are? We want a good clean fight! No arguments about political correctness. Nothing PC is ever funny. [Period]. Do not waste valuable Rounds on debating the definition of "fun" and "culture" or whether War-Pigs can fly.

Just putting out the carrot and see if anyone bites..
Lordgrae

Con

The rabbit has bitten the carrot, I shall argue that racist jokes are not the best kind of jokes. To defeat you, I shall offer jokes that are not racist as my defense. Otherwise, shared burden of proof.

Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Only 1, but the bulb has to want to change.

Q: Did you know that Helen Keller had a treehouse? Neither did she.

A black man and a Mexican are in a car, who is driving? Steve. What, did you think that this was some kind of racist joke?

Does anyone else get turned on by reading the diary of Anne Frank? Just me?

Did you know that Auto-erotic asphyxiation is not when you hump cars? Neither did I. On an unrelated note, I spent a week in jail for something I did at the Ford dealership.
fazz

Pro

Nice move! Im gonna provide my favorite (race) comedian in the side panel as a comeback.

Aside from the jokes there is a serious side to my argument. That is, there is a social impact of humor that is a signature style of the best comedic-artists, eg: George Carlin, Richard Pryor. The jokes in the videos are by a newer comedian.. But here"s a guy who makes fun of you, me and everybody else.

Some jokes do not have to be "racist" to be funny. Some jokes are not mean in tone or delivery. Thus, racism is not overtly bad as long as they make fun of your heritage in a light hearted way. This intentionally blurs the lines between people of different races or make the lines more stark, more visible. Either way as long as humor highlights our diversity and our colour it"s a good thing. Language is most boring when it is colour-less. Or bland. Or correct. Bland like watching Fox News and CNN.
This is not about diversity. I don"t think everyone should get along. But its about celebrating who you are. If you are of a different colour than I am and you don"t like my race that is your right to make fun of me. And I don"t mind, because it is through conflict that we realize our true strength. It is better to argue, to fight and to joke about than to ignore. Ignorant bliss is far more hateful than engaging the "enemy", etc.
I think you would probably disagree with me at this point.. so as my rebuttal to your jokes I present Russell Peter!!

Video Montage:
Most importantly Russell makes fun of his own family, heritage and culture to show that he"s not afraid of his own bias. The first two are about India (and making fun of his Dad!). 3rd video: How the Indians do business, vs. How the chinese do. Number 4, 5 and 6 are about all the races mixed (blacks, latinos and asians). Basically, the full house!
Lordgrae

Con

Lordgrae forfeited this round.
fazz

Pro

Ok, since you missed it. I will forfeit my round. You can make closing arguments if you wish.
Lordgrae

Con

Lordgrae forfeited this round.
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
fazz
Sounds good!
Posted by Lordgrae 2 years ago
Lordgrae
Sure. We'll just repost the rounds we have already done. Can you make the deadline per round a little longer. I am doing this in-between studying for my school's midyear exams.
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
fazz
Ok. We could just start again, yup?
Posted by Lordgrae 2 years ago
Lordgrae
Oh dear. I though the notification was for my other debate. My bad.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Lol