Racist jokes are the best type of jokes.

This is not a argument. Not a serious one at least.

No violent words. Humor is the only weapon here.

The rules are? We want a good clean fight! No arguments about political correctness. Nothing PC is ever funny. [Period]. Do not waste valuable Rounds on debating the definition of "fun" and "culture" or whether War-Pigs can fly.

Just putting out the carrot and see if anyone bites..

The rabbit has bitten the carrot, I shall argue that racist jokes are not the best kind of jokes. To defeat you, I shall offer jokes that are not racist as my defense. Otherwise, shared burden of proof.

Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Only 1, but the bulb has to want to change.

Q: Did you know that Helen Keller had a treehouse? Neither did she.

A black man and a Mexican are in a car, who is driving? Steve. What, did you think that this was some kind of racist joke?

Does anyone else get turned on by reading the diary of Anne Frank? Just me?

Did you know that Auto-erotic asphyxiation is not when you hump cars? Neither did I. On an unrelated note, I spent a week in jail for something I did at the Ford dealership.

Nice move! Im gonna provide my favorite (race) comedian in the side panel as a comeback.

Aside from the jokes there is a serious side to my argument. That is, there is a social impact of humor that is a signature style of the best comedic-artists, eg: George Carlin, Richard Pryor. The jokes in the videos are by a newer comedian.. But here"s a guy who makes fun of you, me and everybody else.

Some jokes do not have to be "racist" to be funny. Some jokes are not mean in tone or delivery. Thus, racism is not overtly bad as long as they make fun of your heritage in a light hearted way. This intentionally blurs the lines between people of different races or make the lines more stark, more visible. Either way as long as humor highlights our diversity and our colour it"s a good thing. Language is most boring when it is colour-less. Or bland. Or correct. Bland like watching Fox News and CNN.
This is not about diversity. I don"t think everyone should get along. But its about celebrating who you are. If you are of a different colour than I am and you don"t like my race that is your right to make fun of me. And I don"t mind, because it is through conflict that we realize our true strength. It is better to argue, to fight and to joke about than to ignore. Ignorant bliss is far more hateful than engaging the "enemy", etc.
I think you would probably disagree with me at this point.. so as my rebuttal to your jokes I present Russell Peter!!

Video Montage:
Most importantly Russell makes fun of his own family, heritage and culture to show that he"s not afraid of his own bias. The first two are about India (and making fun of his Dad!). 3rd video: How the Indians do business, vs. How the chinese do. Number 4, 5 and 6 are about all the races mixed (blacks, latinos and asians). Basically, the full house!

I will now attempt uncomfortable sexual humor.

One time I walked into this blonde guys @ss.........

So I was talking to this really horny gay kid I meat in Vermont, and he hit on literally every blonde guy there. He called them all constantly after getting their numbers. He called them repeatedly to say "For 10 dollars I'll show you a good time", or "My room's 29B in the Sycamores unit, I think you know the rest". One time he shouted at one blonde kid from across the room "hey blonde twink!". The kid turned around. The kid shouted back "I'm not gay!". Then, the gay kid said perhaps the greatest thing ever... "Anyone who responds to 'blonde twink' is at least a little bi.".

So my friend told me that he caught crabs at the shore over the weekend, and I said, "wow, I did the same thing in a hotel room at Vegas last weekend"

A redhead tells her blonde stepsister, "I slept with a Brazilian...."
The blonde replies, "Oh my God! You slut! How many is a brazilian?"

Mom: If a boy touches your b0obs say "don't" and if he touches your p*ssy say "stop"
Girl: But mom, he touched both so I said "don"t stop"

Q: Which sexuaI position produces the ugliest children?
A: Ask your mother!

Boy: "Want to hear a joke about my d*ck? Never mind, its too long."
Girl: "Wanna hear a joke about my p*ssy? Never mind, you won't get it."

Q: Whats the worst thing about dating a blonde?
A: If you don't know what hole to put it in neither do they.

Q: How do mermaids reproduce?
A: Seamen.

Q: What is hard and pink when it goes in and soft and wet when it comes out?
A: Bubblegum you dirty minded pervert!

Q: Why does it take 100 million sperm to fertilize an egg?
A: Because not one will stop and ask for directions.

If you force sex on a prostitute, is it rape or shoplifting?

Q: What did the left nut say to the right nut?
A: Don"t talk to the guy in the middle, he"s a d*ck.

(I had to censor some things and delete a joke because this site is way too sensitive. If you get offended, watch this video)

Haha.. On LordGrae's gravestone the epitaph shall read: "He died young, too much [i]Sax and Violins[/i]. Too bad.. "

My concluding debate will be that aside from a social purpose humor can also help solve political problem. What is political? I think Racism can be political in deciding who votes for Liberal Black President or who votes for the Rich Conservative Opponent. I draw this racial bias because sometimes we let the [i]personal become political[/i]. This is a honest mistake. I am guilty of blind Liberal values too.

My opponent LordGrae has argued humor can be racy and controversial. Ironically, I am going to make an argument FOR political correctness" if you do not mind? I hate to be on the side of the do-gooder but as I have shown in my first round - Humor can instead of hurting our race-based pride can, perhaps, allow us to cope with fear.. in a social setting.

One of the funniest skits is by Dave Chappelle:

In one swoop, he shows us that our irrational fear of Muslims led to Islamophobia, especially as reported by journalists. He connects his african american heritage to humor about Islamophobia in the news and television, and then takes it a step further to show that this is a pattern in Republican politics. It is not only comedy it is a STATEMENT: African american are underdogs, and islamic people became the butt of the joke during the Iraq War and 9/11. He shows that [i]underdogs[/i] should stick together to fight back against Racism. In this case, we use comedy as a subtle weapon against the real weapons of war used to kill innocent lives.

As my opponent says jokes that make us cringe because of sex are funny because they address "taboo" topics. I think "racist-jokes" can make us cringe because it allows us to bring to the light of the public eye some low bias that we had hidden in the back of your subconscious minds.

After 2001, what could have been handled diplomatically became a revenge mission that made America not only alienated to Muslim world but also to it Allies such as Europe and Japan.
The WHOLE WORLD was against us.

To some people the Nobel Prize 2009 was a joke. But I think in reflection the Islamophobia has faded in the last four years. Suddenly, Egypt, France and Germany are all the other Allies are backing US foreign policy again.

I supported Barack Obama because I was angry at G.W. Bush. But Richard Pryor [Second Video!] prediceted [i]this[/i] ten years ago. Sometimes humor can see things that the public itself cannot realize about the future! [] I include this Third Video because it has Robin Williams.

So my conclusion is that instead of using Weapons of Mass Destruction we should be using Weapons of Cringe-Inducing Humor. Amen.

So I was shoving diIdos up my @ss while watching One Direction music videos and I saw that I had to post my argument. Surprised that I had forgotten, I immediately dropped one of the dildos onto a pile of oily rags that I have for some reason. Unfortunately the friction from the unlubricated diIdo going repeatedly in and out of my @ss caused it to become very hot. Of course, this ignited a fire. Let this be a lesson to never do DDO, boy bands, and diIdos at the same times. If this is a problem for you as well, I am forming a support group. Call my home phone at 555-555-notarealnumber. Note: you may hear a fapping sound as you describe your problem to me.

If you are ever on a school trip where they put four people in a room with two beds, if you are a guy, I found the best way to get the bed. You spend the ride up, and the time getting to the room making sexual comments and making everyone else feel really uncomfortable. Then you offer to share the bed. If at this point they still are okay with it, all you have to do, is wake up a little bit before them. Then, position your face into a pre-kiss position in front of their face. Then you wait for them to wake up. That's what I call a victory.

Humor can be used to address many problems. I agree with you on this. Satire is important, and wit cuts like a knife into the heart of an issue. I see sexual repression as one of the major problems facing society. Religion is one of the biggest problems I see with society, so jokes about sex and sexual issues can combat the conformist religious idea of the married man and woman who are both ashamed to show any sign of sexuality outside of reproduction.

Islamaphobia is a major problem. However, I think that there is a difference between raw fear and founded dislikes. I don't like Islam. I think that Islam hurts society. I think this, not because I fear Islam irrationally, but because like most Western Religions, it is harmful to society and people. Like all religions, it has the capacity for good and evil, but does significantly more of the latter. I think that most of the Islamaphobia simply comes from the media, and you seem to agree. If the media stopped covering it, there would only be ignorant people who just don't like them because 'Jesus said so' and people who don't like them because they have legitimate criticisms, and a lot of people who just don't give a sh*t.

Humor is a powerful tool, but I do not think that racism and irrational cultural hatreds are really the most serious problems. Real racism is minor, and rarely affects the world, and cultural racisms mostly stem from our own culture's religious views. Legitimate criticisms are still legitimate criticisms.

That's why things like Pastafarianism and sexual jokes are so important. They do not challenge fringe beliefs, or things that we pretend don't exist, but they challenge the root causes of problems. They challenge the foundations for all of our beliefs, and when we question one belief, we question all of our beliefs.
Posted by Lordgrae 2 years ago
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
Posted by Lordgrae 2 years ago
Pastafarianism is a belief that is modeled after Christianity. It basically replaces creation, with creation by a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Posted by Lordgrae 2 years ago
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
Thanks for the vote. Michael Richards was drunk that night! He almost fell of the stage. It's tough when your older, I guess?
Posted by fazz 2 years ago
Pastafaria is something to do with Rasta?
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I am giving the argument points to Con as I believe that by actually writing the jokes down while Pro had to revert to videos shows that making racist jokes is difficult and not always funny and certainly not the best type of jokes. I think any joke can be funny, but not all jokes can be made funny by everyone. Russel Peters has insane talent and gets away with it, but not everyone is so lucky just ask Michael Richards. Nice debate and really tough choice. S&G and conduct is shared.