guitar26
DrewzZ

Radio stations would be more popular if they didn't play the same songs repeatedly

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

guitar26

Pro

I will be debating that although it is part of the disk jockie's job to play the most popular songs, the radio station would be MORE popular if they played the "popular" songs just as often as the songs that aren't as popular. In my opinion there are a LOT of good songs out there that are never played on the radio, depriving the listeners. My opponent will be debating that the most popular should be played the most, and not throw in more variety.
DrewzZ

Con

Hi there :) I am your challenger.

<('_')> Lets get started then,

People who listen to the radio are generally already looking for bad music. Also people who listen to the radio want to know the songs by heart so that they can sing like this ----> <('o'<) !LaLaLaLa! (>'o')>

If they played more unpopular music the listeners would be all like, "this is liek tutally compleet garbage cuz I dunno teh werdz"

People who dont like listening to the same music over and over, and in general bland and boring music at that, should probably just buy an iPod or other musical-playing device, or maybe even CD's, to listen in their car.
guitar26

Pro

First of all, I'd like to thank you for challenging me.

In response to: "People who listen to the radio are generally already looking for bad music. Also people who listen to the radio want to know the songs by heart so that they can sing like this ----> <('o'<) !LaLaLaLa! (>'o')>"
"If they played more unpopular music the listeners would be all like, "this is liek tutally compleet garbage cuz I dunno teh werdz""

I'm not totally sure what you mean by 'bad music' why would anyone search for bad music? If by bad music you mean "the popular music" as i put it, then that would make more sense. I, for one, don't search for that music, i try to search for the music that isn't played as much, if i hear some popular song by lady ga ga for example, i usually just skip to a different station.
Also that may be true that they might want to know the songs by heart but consider this: The REASON they know it by heart is because it is so popular and they hear it on the radio all the time. It had to start somewhere, so I say start different songs. They may not know the words at first, but eventually they could. Besides, I don't know if its just me, but I still like music even if I don't know the words. I think that applies to a lot of people.

In response to:"People who dont like listening to the same music over and over, and in general bland and boring music at that, should probably just buy an iPod or other musical-playing device, or maybe even CD's, to listen in their car."

That may be true, and is a good idea, but people like me often listen to the radio to try and browse new songs that I haven't heard to add to my ipod. Also I completely disagree that music that is not played on the radio is generally bland and boring music. I think you should go online and browse different songs, there are a TON of just as good songs (although I'm sure most are better) out there that are not played on the radio.
DrewzZ

Con

Ok.

I guess first of all, I didn't mean that music not on the radio is bland and boring, I meant it the other way around.

Also, the thing is... popular music starts to get sketchy. It starts to get to where, instead of being all about the music, it takes in other factors as well. "fanbase, coolness, how the artist looks, ect."

So when an artist starts to do all this other non-musical stuff, their music eventually goes down to where most of the music is uninspired.

So people who pay attention to a lot of stuff other than the music itself tend to like generally uninspired music because of the other things about it. That's not to say that all music on the radio is garbage however. But a reasonable chunk is.

I would think that if you start giving the radio listeners a lot more songs and variety, that they might feel overwhelmed trying to know all the songs, ect. You seem to be an exception however, and I see that your trying to make the radio a better place for people as yourself.

Also I don't really care much about the words of the music, I just listen to the sounds itself. I can't remember words of a song anyways.

So do your best, evil villain! (>'o')> (btw don't take the kirby's seriously)
guitar26

Pro

Yes i agree that music on the radio is usually bland and boring, mostly because the same songs are overplayed. Which is what my point is.

I guess some people may seem overwhelmed trying to know all the songs, but i think most people aren't really like that and they just listen to the radio just for fun, not worrying about knowing all the songs. Besides, being overwhelmed with so much music is better than being bored with the same few songs being repeated.

I don't know what most people's opinions are about being overwhelmed, but I would guess that most people would agree with my point. So, 'trying to make the radio a better place for people as myself' in my opinion would mean most people.

"Also I don't really care much about the words of the music, I just listen to the sounds itself. I can't remember words of a song anyways."

- Thats mostly the same with me, and is once again agreeing with my point that most people don't care to much about the words.

You do know that you are debating AGAINST this issue, right? You seem to be agreeing with me about a lot of things haha :D

Anyways, good luck.
DrewzZ

Con

Yea. I think you win, because I can't come up with a reason people wouldnt want more songs. I'm not forfeiting, I'm agreeing!
guitar26

Pro

Hahaha alrighty then sounds good to me! I guess we both agree. Vote pro!

This is actually the first debate that I've actually taken seriosly haha!
DrewzZ

Con

DrewzZ forfeited this round.
guitar26

Pro

guitar26 forfeited this round.
DrewzZ

Con

DrewzZ forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
guitar26DrewzZTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gracefully forfeits.
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
guitar26DrewzZTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff from con