Evannnn
Commondebator

Rain is gods spit

Commondebator

Evannnn

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
Commondebator

Con

Rain is condensation of water molecules in Earth's atmosphere, creating clouds. When the condensed molecules build up, and get to heavy, the fall through the sky. (Precipitation). Nothing to do with god.

I understand you are an Atheist, but this debate has been started.
Evannnn

Pro

Outer-space is a very large place, even infinite. Considering this, there is most likely another planet somewhere out there identical to earth, except for the fact that rain is called gods spit.

Therefore, since both of these words have the same definition in each of their worlds, rain MUST be gods spit.

(P.S: Please source your definition for rain, as no proof has been presented showing your information is valid.)
Commondebator

Con

Rain is any type of precipitation

Precipitation: a deposit on the earth of hail, mist, rain, sleet, or snow; also : the quantity of water deposited (Merriam dictionary)

Apologies for my lack of citation. This is my first time.

So far, we have not discovered a planet where rain is called "gods spit". Based on the knowledge we have, we can conclude another civilization calling "gods spit" does not exist. Saying that it must be true because the universe is a large place (even though we have yet to find such a planet) is nonsense.

Rain, is a type of Precipitation. According to the definition of of precipitation, it is a deposit on Earth.

You can argue that it rains on a other planet, and another civilization calls it "gods spit".

We have yet to find a planet that rains water and support life. Let alone a civilization calling it "gods spit".
Evannnn

Pro

Before I begin, allow me to call the planet separate from earth that has a separate name for rain "God's Spit Planet", just to make things easier on me.

"We have yet to find a planet that rains water and support life, let alone a civilization calling it "Gods Spit"."

Although we have not discovered God's Spit Planet, it certainly exists considering that outer space is infinite, or at the very least large enough that it is virtually impossible for a planet as such not to occur.

Can I prove that space is this large?

Why yes. A recent study done at the University of Hawaii proved the existence of Laniakea, a massive super-cluster which contains the Milky-way, and billions of other galaxies. Considering that the milky-way alone contains BILLIONS of solar-systems, the amount of solar-systems contained in Laniakea must be unimaginably large.

*Above is Laniakea. The red dot is an estimation of the milky-ways location within it. Each dot is a different galaxy. Scientists have discovered many different super-clusters, all holding billions of galaxies as well.*

Now, consider that billions of super-clusters like Laniakea exist in our universe. According the multiverse theory, it is very likely that there are billions of universes as well.

So yeah. Space is unimaginably large. (Even if the multiverse theory was proven wrong, space is still large enough that it is virtually impossible for God's spit planet not to exist.)

To put it simply:
-Planets exist in solar-systems, which hold many planets.
-Solar-systems exist in galaxies, which hold billions of solar-systems.
-Galaxies exist in super-clusters, which hold billions of galaxies.
-Super-clusters exist in universes, which contain billions of super-clusters.
-And finally, it is very likely that billions of universes exist.

Now that I have informed you about the true size of space, I hope it can be easily seen that I am correct in thinking that Rain is Gods Spit, and that God's Spit Planet exists. In fact, the probability that God's Spit Planet DOESN'T EXIST is pretty much indistinguishable from zero, meaning it is more likley that it does exist then not.

Sources: http://www.space.com...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

http://www.whillyard.com...

P.S: It is likley that Laniekea is part of an even larger structure, although no solid proof of this has been found.

Commondebator

Con

It is true that the universe is extremely large and the chances of there not being water are extremely slim.

But again, it comes down to it being proven or not. We do not have solid proof of any extra terrestrial life. So saying that there might be another civilization calling it "gods spit" when we have yet to find any intelligent life is nonsense.

Of coarse there are trillions of galaxies that withhold billions of stars each, but we have yet to find a civilization that calls rain "gods spit". Heck, we haven't even found intelligent alien life yet.

Based on our current knowledge, its safe to say so far there is no alien civilization that calls rain "gods spit."
Evannnn

Pro

Anyone with basic knowledge of both outer-space and probability can see that it is more likely then not that Gods spit planet exists the doesn't.

Is CON saying that it must not exist because we haven't seen it with our own eyes? I too believe the saying "Seeing is believing", but you voters must understand that humans can already 'See' it using the science of probability.

And this science tells us that the likely hood of it NOT existing is almost if not certainly zero.

Con is incorrect in saying that "Based on our current knowledge, it is safe to say so far there is no alien civilization that calls rain "Gods spit". Based on our current knowledge, it is actually almost impossible that it doesn't exist.

In the next section of the debate, the only way that CON could prove me wrong would involve having to prove that all of my sourced information is wrong as well. I commemorate my opponent for accepting this debate, as I enjoyed myself immensely. I urge everyone to vote PRO.
Commondebator

Con

"Anyone with basic knowledge of both outer-space and probability can see that it is more likely then not that Gods spit planet exists the doesn't."

Since the title says "Rain is gods spit", the title is referring that there most certainly is another planet that says that rain is gods spit. The title does not state probability of another planet calling rain "gods spit"

With that said, we are discussing if there really is a planet that calls rain "gods spit." Not the probability of another planet calling rain "gods spit"

Furthermore, I am correct that currently, there is no planet that calls rain "gods spit", because we have yet to find a alien civilization that does call rain "gods spit." So, based on what we already know, it is safe to conclude there is no planet that calls rain "gods spit." Because the title says "Rain IS gods spit." The title does not refer to the probability of another civilization calling rain "gods spit".

"And this science tells us that the likely hood of it NOT existing is almost if not certainly zero".

Again, we are discussing if there is really a planet calling rain "gods spit." Not the probability.

You have no current evidence of another civilization calling rain "gods spit". Since your title says "Rain IS gods spit", you cannot use probability, because there is a chance of there being a civilization calling rain "gods spit."

Thank you for a wonderful debate sir/madame, and good luck.
Posted by Evannnn 2 years ago
Evannnn
Is everyone really voting against me just because there is a SLIGHT chance that a planet as such doesn't exist?

There is a slight chance that god exists. Yet in debates the people who claim he doesn't always win.

There is a slight chance that mars has an alien species plotting to exterminate humankind on it. Does this mean it does?

There is a slight chance that at the core of the earth is a huge monster who causes volcanoes to erupt every time he farts. Does that make this plausible?

Come on people. Don't vote against me just because there is an infinitesimally small chance that I am wrong.

Vote for me because there is an massively LARGE chance that I am RIGHT!
Posted by Evannnn 2 years ago
Evannnn
@Spaceking How is this true? Expand/Explain a little bit please?
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
LOL,
Told my little sister when she was 5 that rain was angels peeing, she would never go out into the rain until she was around 8 so for 3 years she refused to get peed on.
Posted by Evannnn 2 years ago
Evannnn
I would like quickly explain why I chose this resolution:

I was bored and decided to choose a topic that is 'impossible' to defend, in order to see if I could defend it.

Now that I have made this clear, I shall continue. :D
Posted by Evannnn 2 years ago
Evannnn
I am an atheist.
Posted by Natsu_Dragneel 2 years ago
Natsu_Dragneel
Well then, I wonder what his pee is...Acid rain?
Safe to say mudslides are his poop?
Posted by Evannnn 2 years ago
Evannnn
Yes, I am claiming that rain is gods spit.
Posted by evangambit 2 years ago
evangambit
To clarify, you are claiming that "(all) rain is God's spit"?
Vote Placed by MrJosh 2 years ago
MrJosh
EvannnnCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: PRO didn't even try to address his BoP
Vote Placed by Hlinnerooth 2 years ago
Hlinnerooth
EvannnnCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ever gave anything to prove that rai is gods spit so Con gets more convincing argument. Pro was the only one to use the most sources, even if they didn't help his argument at all...
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
EvannnnCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro never gave ANYTHING that suggested that rain was god's spit.