Stensson
wewkaka

Rainy weather is better than sunny weather

Stensson

Pro

First round acceptance
Second round opening statements
Third and fourth round rebuttals
Stensson

Pro

Opening Statements

The general consensus seems to be that rainy weather is "bad" weather. It has its merits, however.

The most basic of them is that rain waters plants. Even though it's the climate and not the weather that ultimately decides a plant's fate in the long run, one rainfall can be enough to save a lot of plants during a drought. And obviously it's all the rainy weathers accumulated that combine into climate.

Rain is heartwarming. When sunny weather is the time when you go out and participate in various activities, rainy weather is the time when you sit back at home and read a book by a fireplace. Overall rain creates this aura of relaxation and cosiness - for instance the sound of rain drizzling on your windowsill and the natural colours outside that rain causes.

Without rain there would be no snow. Snow is simply beautiful and essential if one wishes to ski, snowboard or sleigh.

Rain is a natural way of cleaning. Begone filthy streets and dusty cars full of bird ****.

Sunlight can be unblelievably annoying if you have to face the sun a certain amount of time. Not only does it hurt and cause damage to your eyes but it is also very tiring when you're exposed to it for too long. Sunburns are another reason why some people avoid sunny days.
wewkaka

Con

wewkaka forfeited this round.
Stensson

Pro

Well then
wewkaka

Con

wewkaka forfeited this round.
Stensson

Pro

Well then
wewkaka

Con

wewkaka forfeited this round.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
That actually made me laugh. Thx for cheering me up psyrus
Posted by psyrus 1 year ago
psyrus
I think it's an awesome debate. Why the heck not right?

It's called having fun hldemi, you should try it sometime.

Hldemi, you're quite the troll and that activity is popular among children... the only kind of adult you are is one with a stick up his anus.
Posted by Stensson 1 year ago
Stensson
Interesting how one can come to such conclusions from one debate made. Anyhow it seems like there's no point in arguing with you as the only arguments you've brought so far is how rubbish my debate is. I hope your ego feels better now as you've slated me.

Also, really mature to call someone a kid.
/s
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
How can opponent know what he is accepting if you didnt offer definitions is the first round ?

Surely dull topic with no philosophical value can be interested to others. Kids particularly . This site needs "Kids" section to that those "is lemon better then dildo" debates are not in my debate list.

And surely, you are gonna broaden your knowledge by discussing is rain better then sun. Its so engaging and thought provoking.

Im not trying to make you more productive, Im trying to provoke you to snap out of those childish stuff and engage more intellectually appropriate debates that will allow you to learn far more, to expand your horizons and have fun while doing so.
Posted by Stensson 1 year ago
Stensson
Honestly I don't know what to say to such ignorance...
First of all, what you might find as a dull topic can be interesting to others. All the immigration and gun law debates have been done to death.
No topic is "worthless" if the debate is done properly. The art of great debating is not only finding more facts on the internet, but also making your ideas more appealing and relatable to the neutral viewer (notice how dictatorships work).
The topic is defined properly. I'm planning to explain what I define as "better" in the opening statements. The ones you didn't give me a chance to give before condemning my debate to be worthless.
And most importantly every debate doesn't have to be concerning real life problems. I came to this website to broaden my knowledge and have fun. Shame on you for trying to make me feel bad about myself because of that.

Besides, the whole point of your arrogant comment was that I should be more productive with my debates. Would you consider your comments as productive?
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Out of all the interesting and mind boggling topics you choose to debate if some weather is better then the other.

Whats the world coming to.

And besides it being worthless theme its also not defined properly. Define "better" ! Whats the point of debating the subjective tastes. Better for what ? Rain is definitely not better for a someone that wants to have picnic in the open or for someone wanting to take a sunbath.
Posted by Stensson 1 year ago
Stensson
Excuse me?
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Kids those days ...