Raise salaries of teachers in Serbia
Debate Rounds (3)
1) People who like their job are on average doing better then people who don't like their job. Many people who like the job of teacher will quit cause low pay.
2) In order to earn more money, teachers are holding private classes. They could possibly use time they spent on private classes preparing for their next lecture in regular school, or they could use that time for relaxing.
3) Kids would respect and admire teachers more if they were earning more. Naturally, everyone wants to learn from successful person.
2) Unless you can give evidence to support that teachers would use extra spare time to prepare for their next lecture, it can't be assumed. If a teacher really wanted work less hours for the same pay, he or she should have picked a different career that pays better.
3.) More pay doesn't result in more respect. For example, lawyers make lots of money but are not well respected. Besides, respect and admiration for teachers should be based on the teachers' teaching skills, not how much they are paid.
2) I said "could possibly", my opponent irrationally asked me to give evidence they "would", since I never claimed they would.
3) Lawyers are known for lying. That makes people respect them less. I wasn't suggesting earning more alone results in respect. I said being successful results in respect. Earning more is a factor in being successful. For the sake of argument I will name some well respected successful people: Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, Aristotle... And ask my opponent to name non-successful well admired people.
2) My opponent didn't give evidence to support his claim, so my opponent's argument was based on speculation on what might be true.
3) Now my opponent is arguing that success results in respect, which is not at all contrary to what I argued. I argued that more pay doesn't result in more respect. Whether or not being successful results in respect is irrelevant to the argument.
Saying earning more is a factor in success, and being successful results in respect, therefor earning more is a factor in increases to your respect is the logical equivalence of saying being taller is a factor in how much you weigh, and weighing more increases your health problems, therefor being taller is a factor in increases to your health problems. It is a logically flawed argument.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.