RwChickn
HelloHolden

Rajon Rondo is currently the best Point Guard in the NBA

Started: 8/26/2013 Category: Sports

RwChickn

Pro

Con should pick in his opinion the best current PG and we will debate both of them

Round 1 is to accept only
HelloHolden

Con

Well, this should be fun! I accept this challenge, and as my contender for best point guard in the NBA I choose Chris Paul. I look forward to the debate!
RwChickn

Pro

I was scared someone would pick Paul. Alright let`s start this debate. First off let me point out that Rondo is still a young player. He is only 27, but he`s accomplished allot.
Ex:
-Won the 2008 NBA championship
-4x All-Star appearances (missed the 2013 game because of his injuries)
-2x NBA assists leader
-2010 NBA steal leader
-Ranks sixth in Celtics history in pass and third in steal
-2012 league leader in triple-doubles

As the 2012 triple-double shows Rondo is the best all-around PG. He scores,passes,steals and rebounds. Last season he ended up with 5.6 rebound and in the 2009 NBA playoffs he ended up with 9.7 rebounds. A Point Guard who can rebound like that is special and is hard to find nowadays. I know you are going to mention Rondo`s lack in jump shot, and I won`t lie, it`s true he has some flaws in his jump shots, But that`s alright, because Rondo is a Point Guard and the main goal in a PG is to set up plays for his teammates. That`s why they always end up whit more assists then any other positions and none can set-up his teammates for easy buckets as well as Rondo. Plus regardless on his jump shots Rondo still finds ways to score. And when the regular season ends and the Playoffs start Rondo takes his game to the next level. All of his stats rises. No wonder he made it to 2 NBA Finals and won the championship in 2008. If you don`t believe me here are his stats
http://www.nba.com...
That`s all I`m going to mention for this round
HelloHolden

Con

HelloHolden forfeited this round.
RwChickn

Pro

He also tied John Stockton for the second longest streak in NBA history with at least 10 assists per game. If this list was about PURE Point Guard Rondo would be in the top 3 in NBA history behind Magic Johnson and John Stockton. And as his jump shots go, he is getting way better. he is starting to knock down about 57% from the field. Last season he wasn`t anywhere near the 43%. As my profile pick shows, I`m a Lakers fan and I hate the Celtics because we have a huge rivalry going on, but Rondo has always been the only Celtics (with Bill Russell and Larry Bird) player that I liked.
HelloHolden

Con

HelloHolden forfeited this round.
RwChickn

Pro

RwChickn forfeited this round.
HelloHolden

Con

HelloHolden forfeited this round.