DakotaHemmel
TheSIgmaGamer

Ranger's Apprentice is one of the best book series.

TheSIgmaGamer

DakotaHemmel

Pro

I strongly believe that the Ranger's Apprentice book series is one of the best book series out there at this moment for teens. Its twelve books have a variety of dangers and things that the main characters have to overcome. It takes place in an older time, when there were still knights and Kings and such. I believe that this makes for a more interesting read.
TheSIgmaGamer

Con

A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones. Dragons, history, politics, more dragons, zombies, what more do you want?
DakotaHemmel

Pro

Can't say that I have ever read that book. My question would be how many books does your series have?
TheSIgmaGamer

Con

Like 7? It isn't for younger audiences but it genuinely is one of the best books of this age. I read both series' and I can say that Game of Thrones is SO detailed, and too fool-proof to even LOSE with in a debate! It has taken years per book; it is truly awesome.
DakotaHemmel

Pro

For one, RA Series has many more books. I believe there is also another thirteenth book. John Flannagan, the author, writes beautifully. Your book series isn't well suited to a younger audience, but Flannagan makes sure that his books are appropriate and entertaining.
TheSIgmaGamer

Con

Hate to be brutal, but I don't see your point.
So what is it has more books? I for one, think that quality does justice over quantity. George R.R Martin has both.
And so what if it is tailored to a suitable audience? You loose a lot of freedom. George has the power to do what he wants and it works. Zombies and dragons AND fratricide? In one book? Count me in!
DakotaHemmel

Pro

Those thirteen book also have a lot of quality work in them. Also, could you explain what you mean with the "lose a lot of freedom?" Not quite sure what you mean there. John has the freedom to do what he needs to while still making a beautiful series. Sometimes you don't need all of those zombies and all of that violence to make a great series.
TheSIgmaGamer

Con

A lot of adult themes like fratricide, explicit themes, explicit places... Key plot elements that Simply can not exist in a child's book. Sometimes, the gore and themes can intensify reactions! It can improve your experience! Child's books simply cannot have the shedloads of detail and history that a quick read does!
Posted by YourMomoness 1 year ago
YourMomoness
Uh yeah it does, but anyway... TheSlgmaGamer,
If it's bloody action you want John Flanagan does an excellent job while still making it semi child friendly, and all the garbage(no offense meant) that is in most books and tv shows at this point just adds unnecessary junk. A god writer should be able to get along without it. (still, no offense to, if I caused any.
... Well, sorry.)
Posted by Ameliamk1 3 years ago
Ameliamk1
The setting of the series does not correspond to any time in history...it's fictional.
Posted by dynamicduodebaters 3 years ago
dynamicduodebaters
Agreed
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
DakotaHemmelTheSIgmaGamerTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didn't really fulfill his BoP
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
DakotaHemmelTheSIgmaGamerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was *slightly* arogant. Pro didn't define or fulfill BOP.