Russ1934
BlackFlags

Rap and Hip Hop Music should be banned do to it's Strong Sexual, And Violent Content.

BlackFlags
Started: 10/25/2015 Category: Music

Russ1934

Con

Me and alot of other people are getting sick and tired of the sexual, Drug
And,Violent content of rap and hip hop music. it's getting to be distasteful to have children as young as three singing, and dancing to this music. while the parents laugh and think its cute. Until when they grow up into their Teens and into
Adult hood. Being disrespectful. Girls dress like Sluts, While the Boys Act like Thugs.
And also go into severe Drug and Alchol abuse. it's an endless cycle. generation after generation. This is a serious issue that needs to be resolved. So.for the sake of this Country Please Ban, Rap, and Hip Hop!!!! Because if we don't it will lead to more problems. Thank you!!
BlackFlags

Pro

Hey guys, Blackflags here. People from the online debating community probably know me by Stag, amongst other names.

I was searching desperately for a topic that would hit home, and this definitely fits the criteria.

You see, I listen to a genre of music known as Punk. It is often described by both young and old alike as being loud, obnoxious, distasteful, and rebellious. I certainly thought the same way when I was first exposed to the Punk genre. Overtime though, my tune started to change.

I was at a moment in my life where nothing was working. I just followed the motions, and that made me feel like I was not getting anywhere. There was so much I wanted to do, but oh so many people telling me I cannot do it. It was tough playing by everyone else's rules except my own, and this created a burning hatred inside me.

I hated government, the education system, modern parenting, among a plethora of other things.

That drove me to give punk music a second chance. It really lit a spark that second time. Originally I only listened to punk songs that expressed my anger. It really spoke to the sentiments I was feeling. Later I branched out to the next level of punk music, which began filling me with ideas of direct rebellion and dissidence against the institution and societal norms.

When I started acting on these things, I began to feel a sense of empowerment. I knew that while 98% of the world was still following the rules, me and the other 2% who dared to be different were actively taking fate into our own hands.

The more I listened to punk music, the more I began to hate other things as well. Other things that the Instigator expressed disdain for.

I hated meaningless sex. I no longer wanted to be a slave to desire and lust.
I hated drug use. It was no longer attractive to be controlled by substances.

Sometimes, punk music even made me come into moral conflicts, based on what I knew was right, and what I wanted to do. It took great courage that I otherwise would not of had to actually do the right thing, and without loud obnoxious rebellious punk music, I never could of done these things on my own.

Perhaps the most important thing punk did for me, was to make me stop hating all together. That happened rather late, once I had fully experienced every single great punk album. For that I am ever greatful.

Now that you have a little bit of background, maybe you can put the pieces together and figure out why I am not a fan of the instigator advocacy in this debate.

People obviously listen to rap and hiphop to gain a sense of empowerment and liberty from today's society. Today's youth feel oppressed, and drugs and sex are their personal means of rebellion. I would love to warn these kids that drugs and sex are just another means of control, but the more important piece is that I am not going to control them or try to kill their musical expression, like so many people before tried to kill punk.

By controlling youth, I would be betraying my own principles of absolute freedom and liberty, while denying youth the same opportunities I had gained to find myself through punk music, which most people would say is generally more aggressive and violent than rap and hiphop.

I needed punk music desperately, like a medicine. Youth are looking for something, and we have no right to stop their journey for enlightenment by banning one of the most prominent forms of expression this generation has, music!

Also put up a misfits tribute with over a dozen prominent punk bands so people see what I am talking about ;)

Russ1934

Con

Russ1934 forfeited this round.
BlackFlags

Pro

Anarchy rocks!
Russ1934

Con

Russ1934 forfeited this round.
Russ1934

Con

Russ1934 forfeited this round.
BlackFlags

Pro

Okay Okay Okay
Russ1934

Con

Russ1934 forfeited this round.
Posted by HannahC2002 11 months ago
HannahC2002
Con, I think you need to check your grammar and spelling.
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
Wow, somehow someone not liking the types of lyrics in certain songs is the basis for making them illegal. Not only is that against the first amendment, that is a selfish and ridiculous desire.
Posted by Vox_Veritas 1 year ago
Vox_Veritas
What the...178 days to vote?!
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Banning a genre of music just because of what some artists use it for is ridiculous. First of all, banning a genre of music is ridiculous. But considering the fact that there are so many non-violent and non-sexual songs in that industry, banning it on a generalization is hard-headed and over the top.
Vote Placed by U.n 9 months ago
U.n
Russ1934BlackFlagsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 12 months ago
Midnight1131
Russ1934BlackFlagsTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Russ1934BlackFlagsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture