vorxxox
18freckles

Rap is just as good if not better than rock music

vorxxox

Pro

I am defending rap music. People keep saying "Oh rap music is just uhn uhn; lets sell drugs and do women and stuff." And say rock music is quality music. Yet, rock music is just a bunch of "ADFAFAFDADFAFAFADFADFAFA!!!!! WOOOOIIII! SATAN HELLFIRE KILL AND BURN" Oh heck yeah, I'm dissing rock music. Ooh, I am gonna get some com-ments.
18freckles

Con

first rap and rock, country, blue grass ect. they are all equal because no matter what category it falls under the songs are still talking about sex drugs love hate ect...

IN my opinion rap isn't better than rock. Rap is very vulgar and basically all their songs is talking about getting into someone's pants... although some rap is very poetic, most rap you cant understand a word their saying because they slur their words and say it so fast that you don't care what their saying you just like the beat. Now rock yes some songs are talking about getting into someone's pants and they do sometimes scream in the microphone so you cant understand a word their saying either. But most rock you can understand what the singer is meaning and its more poetic than rap because (I don't know the literary word for this) but they use basically symbolism they say one thing but it means something that you wouldn't even think of. When it comes to rock it's more meaningful in their words and isn't as bad as rap when its comes to the vulgar. Now rap and rock fall under the same negativity's but when it comes to the positives rock is way better than rap!
vorxxox

Pro

Thank you 18freckles for accepting this debate. First I will refute your arguments.

"Rap is very vulgar and basically all their songs is talking about getting into someone's pants... although some rap is very poetic, most rap you cant understand a word their saying because they slur their words and say it so fast that you don't care what their saying you just like the beat."

Sike! Well, you are partially correct. Look, some songs are just meant to be dance to at a party and forgotten in like 3 months. It would seem like those are most raps because people that don't really listen to rap only hear those songs.

"Now rock yes some songs are talking about getting into someone's pants and they do sometimes scream in the microphone so you cant understand a word their saying either."

You know what I think about rock:
"you don't care what their saying you just like the beat."

For example: Disturbed's "Down with the Sickness"
Heck, all I ever to listen to that song for is to hear the "Oooooo-ah-ah-ah" b-s sound, and then I turn of my mp3 player.

"they use basically symbolism they say one thing but it means something that you wouldn't even think of."

Same as rap music.

"singer is meaning and its more poetic than rap"

Ok, we'll figure this out.

"Now rap and rock fall under the same negativity's but when it comes to the positives rock is way better than rap!"

Try again.

Now for my argument.

With rap music, there is more liberty as to what you can do. Rap can use and modify any type of musical background to suit its own purposes. Rap music is even allowed to manipulate rock music to suit it's own purposes. And what's more, when these musics are merged with actual rap beats and lyrics, you have to admit that it makes an amazing piece of art. Having this variety is what makes rap music, uhhh, come in quite a variety. It's brought forth many options and has created a powerful range possibilities.

Now, as far as this debate goes, I win not only if rap is BETTER than rock, but if it is EQUAL. So if our fellow audience decides that rap and rock are tied, the victory still goes to me.

Now, I know I lack a warrant in this debate so far, but I will yield my warrants to the next round. I would appreciate it if you provided some kind of evidence for your debate as well.
18freckles

Con

I'd fisrt like to say its your choice whether you turn it off or change the song

anywho as i said before rap and rock fall under alot of the same negativities, but you fail to mention almost little to none of the positives for rap music, unlike my arguements saying that rock is better

You only came up with one example clearly not enough compared to all the other billions of rock songs out there
some rap songs like songs by rihanna and chris brown are very poetic in their own way like rihanna's song standing ovvation (i think) anyway its beautiful if you listen to the words Because she is basically talking about a boy cheating on her wanting her back but she wont take them back, but their are other rap songs that i cannot come up with right now at the top of my head that are basically talking all about sex and getting into someone elses pants... like the song li-li-li-li-li-li-lick you like a lollipop... okay first gross if your not "excited"

now im not saying rock doesn't do the same thing for example like Addicted by saving abel or Pain by three days grace but other songs like numb by linkin park or kristy are you doing okay? by the offspring are amazing songs because they are talking about expiriences or dreams or feelings that are poetic in the most out-of-this-world way but when you put the music with it its so much more better

there is no real debate over this topic its all of a matter of opinion really and the way you interpert these songs really if you just listen to the words of a random rock and a randon rap song you would see the difference
vorxxox

Pro

:)

I ran out of time. I'll hold my arguments to next round
18freckles

Con

although you did have enough time i hold my arguements because i see it as an unfair advantage
vorxxox

Pro

vorxxox forfeited this round.
18freckles

Con

theres really no point in trying this if the oppenant wont even try
vorxxox

Pro

vorxxox forfeited this round.
18freckles

Con

again no reason to say anything
Posted by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
OOO okay I see
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Nerdcore hip hop, or simply nerdcore, is a genre of hip hop music characterized by themes and subject matter considered to be of general interest to nerds
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Posted by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
I'm not saying rap period is bad... I mean I like some songs... I'm just saying rock is soooo much better

Whats nerdcore?
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
The point of my two posts being:
Learn to like both. I listen to classic rock, metal, hip hop, gangster rap, nerdcore, jpop, classical, and everything in between.
Posted by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
its a good song... I cant lie
and so are some rap songs...
I do agree with the fact that both rock and rap have some songs that are horrible to listen to... but it's peoples opinion... Like every other debate
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Posted by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
Posted by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
no body cares what you have to say... and you didnt have to vote if you thought it was stupid... didnt anyone ever tell you if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all... you should have jst shut your trap and voted if thats all you were asked to do
Posted by draxxt 8 years ago
draxxt
So, to begin with, I am biased in the sense that this debate is silly. Musical taste is subjective so you didn't specify to whom. If you are debating "Resolved: That rap music is better than rock to vorxxox." Vorxxox would probably win. However, neither of you really debated the topic and went to your opinion on the matter. Debates are objective and, as Aristotle once said "Reason free from passion." If I weren't asked to vote, I wouldn't but I was specifically asked to vote so I will.

Vote goes to Con.

By the way, you're both terribly stupid.
Vote Placed by s0m31john 8 years ago
s0m31john
vorxxox18frecklesTied
Vote Placed by 18freckles 8 years ago
18freckles
vorxxox18frecklesTied
Vote Placed by vorxxox 8 years ago
vorxxox
vorxxox18frecklesTied
Vote Placed by draxxt 8 years ago
draxxt
vorxxox18frecklesTied
Vote Placed by Justinisthecrazy 8 years ago
Justinisthecrazy
vorxxox18frecklesTied
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 8 years ago
saamanthagrl
vorxxox18frecklesTied