Masterful
TheDebatingKnight

Rape should be legal as long as the man wears a condom.

TheDebatingKnight has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Masterful

Pro

I fully understand that my stance is controversial, but recently there have been many incidents where men have been falsely accused of raping women and have served long sentences for this. The very fact that women are abusing the law to harm men is sickening and for that we should legalise rape to protect our men.

Being falsely sent to prison for rape will destroy a persons life and they could go to prison for many years. However if a fat chick gets raped she might actually enjoy it. It's clear that reducing the rate at which men are falsely accused of rape is more important than rape itself.

I also believe that this would serve to alleviate stress, if a men is suffering from sexual frustration and is unable to buy a hooker, he can just go hunting for a black chick to rape. The reduction in stress would reduce crime as men won't be so sexually frustrated and will be less angry.

If it's legal then I believe people will be less traumatised after a rape incident, the rapists will be less aggressive and might be able to convince the woman to take off her knickers, if not then it's her fault for putting up a fight.

If women don't want to get raped then they can simply stop wearing mini-skirts and can stop showing their cleavage.

This is just a short list as to why rape should be legal. I would like to hear reasons as to why you think rape should be illegal.

No women are allowed to accept this debate because you won't have a say in the matter anyway.
SJM is not allowed to accept because he doesn't finish debates.
TheDebatingKnight

Con

Rape should not be legal.

You must remember that rape is not about sexual pleasure; it's all about power over another. That's why you hear of heterosexual men raping other heterosexual men in prison and other similar places. Also, most cases of rape happen between people who know each other very well, not between complete strangers; it's much easier to have dominance over a friend or relative than a total stranger who will never be seen again by the rapist. Many rape victims do not report the incident(s) due to fear of retribution or due to Stockholm Syndrome.

The reason why rape victims feel the way they do is because they have been overpowered by another person in one of the most personal ways possible. This is why rape is considered to be a severe federal crime in many countries. You should be entitled to an opinion but I find yours disgustingly sexist and aggressive.

The reason why raping is bad isn't because of the fact that it is usually unprotected sex (although it is a factor), it is because the women (or men in some cases) don't consent to this intimate action.

Also what statistics do you have to prove that men aren't as angry if they have sex. Many of the people who get raped are simply randomly attacked and the men don't take into consideration what they look like, contradictory to your statement:"they can simply stop wearing mini-skirts and can stop showing their cleavage."

"It is her fault for not putting up a fight" First of all I am flabbergasted that anyone would say such a thing and secondly, can you please stop being a sexist pig and actually show some empathy. Most women actually do put up a fight it is just that most men are physically stronger than women- that is a fact- and this man is usually behaving in an overly aggressive manner that intimates the young woman who are the majority of the rapist's prey.
Masterful

Pro

I see no problems with your first paragraph, however you do mention that many rape victims don't report the incident due to retaliation. Wouldn't it make more sense to say that they actually enjoyed it which is why they didn't report the incident? It's clear that if someone was asked why they didn't report the rape, they couldn't respond with "because I liked it" most rape cases reach the news and being on national news admitting you liked getting rape would be a social taboo and cause people to look at you in disgust. My point is, just because someone pretends to cry on TV over being raped, doesn't mean they didn't like it.

"The reason why rape victims feel the way they do is because they have been overpowered by another person in one of the most personal ways possible. This is why rape is considered to be a severe federal crime in many countries."

Being over powered can be a massive turn on for many people, those who complain are the type to complain about everything, they are also the attention seekers. Let's stop being so emotionally sensitive.

"You should be entitled to an opinion but I find yours disgustingly sexist and aggressive."

First I'd like to clear up that I'm not sexist, as it would be legal to rape men as well. Why do you assume I'm sexist against women? It's men who get raped more than women anyway. I would suggest you are sexist for assuming women get raped more than men.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

"The reason why raping is bad isn't because of the fact that it is usually unprotected sex (although it is a factor), it is because the women (or men in some cases) don't consent to this intimate action."

Why do you assume these women (OR MEN!) are entitled to give their consent? If you're not strong enough to defend yourself as a male then that's your fault for not hitting the GYM, you're not filling your role which is to defend and protect women, so as a man, you've opened up yourself to being susceptible to rape. As for women, if you haven't got a man to protect you from rapists, then it's your fault for not wanting to contribute to the gene pool and the betterment of man kind.
In this instance rape will serve as a powerful stick method to encourage people to better themselves, physically and through the necessity of a relationship.

"Also what statistics do you have to prove that men aren't as angry if they have sex."

Why do I need to provide statistics which can be manipulated and bias? How does that prove what occurs in the real world. As you said, many rape incidents go unreported so the statics are not showing the bigger picture.
I would support my claim with an argument concerning Catholic priests, the priests were denied sex through their religion and their sexual frustration built up so much that they ended up molesting boys through sheer sexual necessity.
We need to begin raising awareness for victims of sexual frustration, not victims of rape. Or else young boys will be molested.

"Many of the people who get raped are simply randomly attacked and the men don't take into consideration what they look like, contradictory to your statement:"they can simply stop wearing mini-skirts and can stop showing their cleavage.""

My opponent seems to think that rape attacks are unbiased. This is absolutely laughable, how often does the fat chick get raped? Never. This is despite the fact that most fat chicks are single and walk alone without a boyfriend. Women wearing skimpy outfits normally have a boyfriend who will deter would be rapists.
If you don't want to get raped, then stop triggering men's primal instincts, men rape because they are turned on, boobs and backsides turn men on, so cover up, it's simple logic.

""It is her fault for not putting up a fight" First of all I am flabbergasted that anyone would say such a thing ""and secondly, can you please stop being a sexist pig and actually show some empathy. Most women actually do put up a fight it is just that most men are physically stronger than women- that is a fact- and this man is usually behaving in an overly aggressive manner that intimates the young woman who are the majority of the rapist's prey."

You begin by misquoting me, I said it's "her fault FOR putting up a fight." Then you proceed to call me a sexist pig, which is out of line, I would watch your conduct if you were you! I am showing empathy to men, falsely accused of rape. Did you even stop to consider them for a second? Obviously not because you're sexist and non-empathetic towards men.

I would ask my opponent to refrain from misquoting me. I would also ask my opponent to stop being sexist and non-empathetic towards men.
I absolutely detest this misandry and I truly hope my opponent can one day learn to tolerate men
Posted by aateen 12 months ago
aateen
"No women are allowed to accept this debate because you won't have a say in the matter anyway."
Men rape women and women have no say in the matter? this is completely ridicules and annoying. furthermore, women have the right to wear anything they want and men have to respect it anyway. So men have no say in this matter actually. All the reasons that you posted is completely do not intercede the violence that your trying to make it legal? if the world reversed, do you think is should be legal for women to rape a men? the action is not sexual is getting what you not supposed to get and what is not yours, rape is just like stealing. Do you think those women who you are talking about do not have husbands, fathers, lovers ? if you were one of the girls' boyfriend would've been ok with you if she got raped? think about it
Posted by Dookieman 12 months ago
Dookieman
Lmao! This debate is something else. Wish I could have been Con in this debate, because Pro is winning right now.
Posted by Dookieman 12 months ago
Dookieman
Posted by adirahalcyon 12 months ago
adirahalcyon
are you actually serious about this?
Posted by adirahalcyon 12 months ago
adirahalcyon
are you actually serious about this?
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
All of ConservativeProgressive's concerns have been addressed in my round 2 argument.
Posted by ConservativeProgressive 1 year ago
ConservativeProgressive
Rape should be illegal. Period. Its not about pleasure or whether to prevent a pregnancy or just to have fun. Rape is a violation of someone's body, and its unconsensual. Which is the kicker. If someone does't want that intimate of an act FORCED upon them, whether the man wears a condom or not doesn't justify the fact that he/she will be FORCING an intimate act that the other party doesn't want. And that is what makes rape illegal.
Women also shouldn't be sluttified because of the clothes they wear. Sure, they can wear stuff, and sure, you can judge them, but judging a person by their clothes doesn't give you permission to do what you want to them. That's like saying 'oh, this 70 year old obese man is wearing a patriots jersey, therefore, he must play for the Patriots, and be apart of that deflating scandal. Which makes him a terrible sport.' You just make assumptions that go too far, and honestly it is a little disturbing.
The point is, rape is a violation of a person's right of choice in the act of sex. And justifying it by pointing out their clothing doesn't argue your case. This shouldn't have been a debate in the first place, in my opinion.
ConservativeProgressive
Posted by Bayple 1 year ago
Bayple
Rape should not be legal. Rape is the violation of a person's body and therefore wrong. Rape isn't ever the woman's fault. It's always the fault of the rapist. I'm surprised to see this amount of misogyny in the 21st century.
Posted by coldto 1 year ago
coldto
Would love to debate you on this but apparently I don't meet your minimum qualifications. Shame.