YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Barcafan99

Rape victims have the right to choose adoption without her rapist'd consent.

Barcafan99 has forfeited round #2.

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

She was raped. He is suing for custody of his victim's child. Is this moral?
Barcafan99

Con

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

Thank you. I was raped twice, and had I been pregnant, I would have had the right to place the baby for adoption. Rapists don't have the moral right to hold their victims hostage through the legal system. No contraception for rape victims, no right to choose adoption? That is rape culture. No victim should have to choose between her justice rights and her unborn child.
Posted by Barcafan99 3 months ago
Barcafan99
This would be interesting to debate from a nihilist position, as a devils advocate. Of course I agree with pro, but maybe just as an excercise...
Posted by cakerman 3 months ago
cakerman
Don't ask me if I'm the retarded one when you couldn't even go out of your way to lose to me in our first debate (because I know you would, but technically you did anyway). Also, the topic isn't that clear

Title: Rape victims have the right to choose adoption without her rapist'd consent.

First-round opener: She was raped. He is suing for custody of his victim's child. Is this moral?

These two statements both say different things, so to this I propose to you the question:

Are YOU the retarded one?
Posted by CrypticIndividual 3 months ago
CrypticIndividual
It still seems confusing. If there isn't enough evidence to put them in jail then he should not be considered a rapist.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 3 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
What50, rapists can get out of jail early. Some way earlier than others because they may not have had solid evidence to convict them or good behavior. Or even because it wouldn't look good on their future and they're deemed "too important" for this to scratch their record. Or some rapists already have legal custody of the child and have a say in it whether they're in jail or not (this is legal in at least 7 states currently). Therefore, if the rapist were to get out, would they be able to sue for custody rights or rights to the child at all if she wants to put it up for adoption?
This is a simple yes/no question. I don't find the difficulty in answering what Pro is asking.
Posted by What50 3 months ago
What50
How is a rapist suing for custody of the child? I don't get your argument and proposition.
Posted by DakotaKrafick 3 months ago
DakotaKrafick
What would the alternative be? Allowing the rapist full custody? I have to agree with Pro 100% on this.
Posted by YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod 3 months ago
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
All rapists should be in jail.
Posted by atjacobmajor 3 months ago
atjacobmajor
A father shouldn't be in jail...
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Are you retarded? Yes or no: do rape victims have the right to place their baby for adoption without their rapit's consent? You ewally need to stop wasting my time. DUH!
Posted by cakerman 3 months ago
cakerman
I'd accept but the topic isn't clear and you forfeited on me last time