RebeccaDarking
SnaxAttack

Rarity is best pony

SnaxAttack

RebeccaDarking

Pro

I love everypony, but I think that Rarity is the best. Does anybody want to debate this? I would be happy to.
SnaxAttack

Con

I will argue that Rarity is not the best pony, but will argue that Twilight Sparkle is the best pony.
RebeccaDarking

Pro

Alright!

I believe that Rarity is best pony because she is generous, elegant and complex. My argument to support this statement are:

1) Rarity is the element of generosity. I think this is more important than the rest of the element's. This show focuses on friendship, and I believe generosity is the most important of friendship and being a good friend. Generosity requires giving out of your own free time to do something for a friend. That proves that you deeply care about them. An example is, let me say that someone is suddenly stuck on a snowy road and needs help. The first friend will be honest about it, say some words that shows that she's sorry but cannot do anything to help her, but doesn't help the person who is stuck. The second person will just use magic and teleport them to their house. This helps, but doesn't prove true friendship. The third friend will just be loyal and offer advice on what to do. Again, this does not help, it merely states what to do and leaves the friend to actually do it. The fourth friend will just laugh. The fifth friend will offer her sympathy. Only the sixth friend will take her valuable time, manage to trudge over there, and offer assistance. And also buys you a new car while you are at it. This is the true extent of generosity.

2) Elegance and beauty are chief themes that go into Rarity. She is Ponyville's resident fashion designer. The ponies are around roughly teenagers. Rarity's elegance has managed to make her a successful business owner featured in many magazines, and she is only a teenager. This is a feat to be accomplished. She is lady like and courteous. She has manners. And the best thing about this is that she is proud. Many ponies will hide their true nature just to go with everyone else. Rarity does not, she knows she is beautiful and is proud of it, while not being a braggart.

3) This is my argument that I will always stand by. Rarity is very complex. In one episode we see her giving dressed generously to her friends. Many will argue that this is the only example of her generosity, and that other times she is selfish. This is where complexity comes in. In Sisterhooves Social, we see Rarity wanting things to go her way. But by the end, she sacrifices one of her greatest beliefs (not getting dirty) in order to make it up to her sister. In most of her episodes, she is a flawed character. But at the end of every single one, she makes it up by doing a thing far greater. When she lies to Twilight about her birthday, in the end she sacrifices her reputation at stake in order to amaze her friends. When she makes her friends stitch clothes at Manehattan and yells, she then runs out without even collecting awards because she was afraid she had lost her friends, then agrees to work for somebody in order to buy ticket's to a show her friends likes, even if it means hard toil and labor.

I am looking forward to your argument.
SnaxAttack

Con

For my opening argument, I will Rebuttal my opponents claims and then do my argument of why Twilight is a far superior pony than Rarity. For this round, I will italicize any of my opponents statements and prove why Twilight Sparkle is better.

C1: Rarity is Generosity/Twilight is Magic
I. Has Every Element of Harmony to Her
As any fan of the show, most people will know what each element of harmony is. Rarity is obviously generosity like my opponent brings up. but Twilight is magic. My opponent makes the claim that generosity is the most important, but I beg to differ. Given in the following image from the series:

It is seen that all the other elements of harmony are surrounded by Twilight, while Rarity's is to the right. This means that Twilight is the center of all this, and hence has a little bit of every element of harmony besides just one focus. She has laughter in certain scenes, she is loyal to her friends, is honest to her friends, kind to her friends, and is even generous at times in the series. Clearly she has a little bit of everything, and not just one single focus.

Rarity on the other hand puts only so much focus within her element of harmony being generosity. Which I will not deny is good, but I like to look back in previous episodes of My Little Pony. She has never did really anything funny within the show, but more so just there. She is at times loyal, but if there is a messy spot; she will not do it. Her honesty is mixed with times where she is honest but other times puts focus upon herself. And I will not deny she has some kind moments, but comparatively to Twilight; it isn't much.

Then my opponent brings up a scenario where if there was a snow storm, who would help. He brings up examples of the other ponies of what they may do, but like i please keep focus on Twilight Sparkle. My opponent states for Twilight Sparkle, "The second person will just use magic and teleport them to their house. This helps, but doesn't prove true friendship". I ask my opponent, "How isn't this true friendship"? She helped the individual from a snow storm all from the kindness from her heart? A generous person may be generous, but saving someone from a snow storm, doing it out of their way; which shows just about or even more generosity than Rarity.

II. Magic
Now for this portion of the argument, i will provide the reason why magic is far superior than generosity. My opponent will most likely make the simple claim that magic is just about casting spells. I agree that is one of the few aspects about it, but I would like to please look more in depth on magic. Magic can represent anything if you really think about it, but the magic that Twilight does for her friends is to make them believe in themselves. I think this is far superior than just simplistic generosity for the fact that making one believe in themselves reinforces their confidence on their daily tasks. One example is the first episode of season 2 where Discord is introduced. Her friends fell into his evil plot, and all hope seemed loss until she used her magic to regain their confidence. This is far greater, as well as magic also helped the other ponies find their true element of harmony by sparking it up. Without her, Rarity wouldn't even have the element of harmony.

C2: Feats Achieved
She is Ponyville's resident fashion designer. The ponies are around roughly teenagers. Rarity's elegance has managed to make her a successful business owner featured in many magazines, and she is only a teenager. This is a feat to be accomplished.

To discuss the feats accomplished, I like to please rebuttal against this statement from my opponent. I will agree that she did achieve a fashion store, but lets look at Twilight's feats. She became a princess, got pegasus wings, became an alicorn, recieved a castle for friendship duties, is book smart, and defeated many of the biggest villains. Comparatively to Rarity, Twilight out does Rarity for the fact of achieving far greater feats. As well as holding the bond together of her friendship, the mian premise of the show.

She is lady like and courteous. She has manners. And the best thing about this is that she is proud. Many ponies will hide their true nature just to go with everyone else. Rarity does not, she knows she is beautiful and is proud of it, while not being a braggart.

Personalities of the characters can play a small portion in this debate. Its like comparing apples to oranges for the fact that Twilight and Rarity are two different people. Rarity may be prim and proper, but Twilight is smart and enthusiastic. However, there is one thing both characters relate to which is that they are both proud about themselves. This not only applies to Rarity, but Twilight as well which some what disproves my opponents argument of Rarity being far superior. And also my opponent makes the claim that Twilight is a braggart, I will agree she is but that is what makes her great. She has her faults, and thats what makes a character great for having their faults; which can relate to one personally.

C3: Complexity
Is Rarity complex? This question depends mainly on which season is being referred to. In the first season, Rarity in most of the first season is really a bland character. She was just there, with really no true story behind her. The second season, she had some moments but still the same result. Third season, it was shorter and there was really no episodes focused on her. Only in the fourth and recently fifth season she begins to grow more character like. That is a pretty long time for a character to become a character, while if we compare that to Twilight; she has much more complexity. Twilight studies the lore of friendship, she has many dramatic moments (Her brother getting married), almost failing and bursting down to tears, and of course keeping her friends in tact. That shows a lot more complexity, as well as is the main character in the show where the focus is needed on her more than Rarity.

Even my opponent admits that Rarity isn't that great with the following quote: "In most of her episodes, she is a flawed character. But at the end of every single one, she makes it up by doing a thing far greater". My opponent says she is a flawed character, where the definition of flawed is: "Having a weakness in character". If my opponent admits that Rarity is flawed, this contradicts his or her argument making it null. And the seocnd portion of the statement being that "She makes it up in the end", the same thing can be applied toi Twilight as well.

Overall, Twilight is a better pony in the sense of having much more sotry emphasis. her element of harmony, and her feats she achieved while living in Ponyville.

Definition of Flawed Source:
https://www.google.com...
RebeccaDarking

Pro

RebeccaDarking forfeited this round.
RebeccaDarking

Pro

RebeccaDarking forfeited this round.
RebeccaDarking

Pro

RebeccaDarking forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

Vote Con!
Posted by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Ineresting, though I wouldn't put Rarity at the top though.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
RebeccaDarkingSnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture