Curtis_Mcgee
Maestro

Rasputin: "Mad monk" or "Holy Healer"?

Curtis_Mcgee

Pro

This Debate has 4 rounds so that I may explain the topic further. The second round will be for opening arguments.*

With this debate Con will be seeking to prove Grigori Rasputin in fact fit the title given to him of "Mad Monk" while the Pro side will be charged to prove him more worthy of the title "Holy Healer". Both sides must use proper references to historical texts in citing their evidence, primary and secondary sources, and please, in the name of all that is good, DON'T REFERENCE THE DAMN SONG!

If my opponent wishes to add any rules or definitions this round is for them.
Maestro

Con

Sounds good =P

So do we go off into individual rants about Rasputin, or do we follow the time-honored debate format of pro and con: you having to prove your claim of Rasputin being a Holy Dude while I shoot down every one of your points?

If it's the former, I hope you're not going to use me for research while you just linger on the sidelines, taking notes: http://www.debate.org...

You sneaky little highschooler, you. You didn't even give bluesteel a proper chance to work his mind. Don't tell me you have write a paper on Rasputin, now.

I, for one, would love to know more about Razzy, so when you do debate, leave some citations, 'kay? When you go off to college it's going to do you a world of good.

According to legend, Rasputin was hung like a racehorse. Jeez.
Curtis_Mcgee

Pro

Curtis_Mcgee forfeited this round.
Maestro

Con

Maestro forfeited this round.
Curtis_Mcgee

Pro

Curtis_Mcgee forfeited this round.
Maestro

Con

Maestro forfeited this round.
Curtis_Mcgee

Pro

Curtis_Mcgee forfeited this round.
Maestro

Con

Maestro forfeited this round.
Posted by Curtis_Mcgee 6 years ago
Curtis_Mcgee
I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to do this right now...
A lot of work came up quickly and I don't have time :P
My apologies, I don't know how to delay a debate on this site though I've seen it done, would you like to reschedule?
Posted by Curtis_Mcgee 6 years ago
Curtis_Mcgee
Besides, in highschool I already did an essay supporting why he was a mad monk.
If I actually had paper i would have the cruel mistress "Turn-It-In.com" to deal with...and she doesnt forget anything...
Posted by Curtis_Mcgee 6 years ago
Curtis_Mcgee
Highschooler? I am offended!
I graduated thank you! And no, I'm not in histories this semester. Canadian Politics really.
I did offer bluesteel my apologies, and a fresh debate if he ever cares to throw my seperatist points out the window :P
I told you i was desperate! Not lazy... and as for citations im good: http://www.debate.org...
But i intended this to be a bit of a mix. Think mad rants about rasputin, throw in a bit of "this is why and this is why he is not" and we got an interesting little thing going on here. Rasputins too good of a character to pass up, besides i just heard the song today and figured "meh, why not"