AvalonClaire
Deathbeforedishonour

Raunchy Performance

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

AvalonClaire

Pro

Today i came across and artical i read on a newspaper site about a Performance made by Britney Spears and Rihanna and that performance being 'Too provocative'...This statement being because kids are becoming to influenced by these Celebrities and the way they dress ect.

My point to the debate is , Parents who think their children are being easily influenced seriously need to back off a little bit. The more you try and stop your children from viewing or even enjoying the lifestyle of today , the more your children will want to watch these performances and the more they will be influenced.
The state of mind of any human is the more you cant have something the more you want to try and get it and the same in the instance. The world of today is provocative and we need to understand that there is nothing we can do about it.
The entertainment industry thrives off viewings and press so for parents and any one else being annoyed by these performances your giving the media exactly what they want. Any press is good press.

My opinion may not be correct but the more you try an stop your children from watching performances like this ... they will vieit whether it be on the telly or in the middle of the street.

STOP being so PICKY!!!!!
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

I would like to thank my opponant for a chance to debate this interesting topic.

My opponant says that the parents should not do their job of safe gaurding their children's minds from mature content, such as this performance by Britney Spears and Rhihanna. I will be be proving that it is right for the parents to make sure that there children don't veiw this content.

My opponant says that the more a parent tries to stop their children from watching the material, the more they want it. This untrue since the child already wants the stuff enough to act out what they see.

The human brain in a child in under developed untill the age of 25. The child's brain is made to learn from there suroundings and other influences such as the media. The problem would be solved if the parents replaced the bad influences, with good influences.

My opponant also states that we can not do anything about the provocative nature of the world today. However this is false because in the 60's the U.S. had a cultural revolution that challanged everything the generation before then had thought and lived for. Ever since then the U.S. has influenced the other nations of the worlds culturl values and has created the culture we know today. If the parents of the world started punishing their children for breaking the rules,a nd replace the bad influences with the good ones then the world and our up coming generation would be a whole lot different.

In Conclusion,

The parents should do everything in their power to monitor what their children watch.

The parents should replace the bad influences with good influences.

We can change the provocative nature of the world around.

Vote Con
AvalonClaire

Pro

Firstly i would like to add to my first opinion i made earlier.

Us as people are meat to have a FREE mind , think FREELY without the help of others , so this going on my previous statement and what my opposition has just made it just clarifies at when parents do overly power their children with their thoughts, They are not avaible to think for themselves so therefore it goes FOR my argument that yet again that if parents have to much control your not the person your mean to be.
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

My opponent says we are ment to be free minded. This is false because we all are influenced by are surroundings whether the surroundings are music, books, parents, friends, drugs, religion. etc.

My opponent says that parents have to much control over their children. This also not true, the parents are the ones that are responsible for their children. They are the ones that have to change their diapers, they have to feed them, to house them, and also in this case educate them to make sure they grow up and be a successful.

My argument-

C1: If a child does do these things that are obviously harmful to their mental well being, then it is the job of the parent to make sure that these influences are replaced with ones that are healthier. The job of the parent is to educate their children as they see fit. The child is not mature enough to make rational descisions.

In Conclusion,

We are not free minded because we are influenced by everything around us.

The parents must educate and bring up their children if the children are to be successful.

Children are not mentally fit to make their own descisions.

Therefore, parents should monitor anything and everything their children do, watch, and say.

Vote Con
AvalonClaire

Pro

I can see what my opponant is saying but a few points to state my opinion...

-firstly , how would they see this performance? They obviously have been around that enviroment
To want to see it in the first place or their parents are not that bothered about keeping their children from this mature content.

-secondly , Parents as their job look after their children , they are not meant to make their children into robots.

-thirdly , there are infant schools now that are teaching kids the age of 5 about sexual content and mature features ... Therefor this is being exposed but you cannot help children from running from this. Yes you may think this is wrong as well but its the way of the world.

My conclusion to this is , im not a fan of young girls or males dressing or acting provocativly its very downgrading. For a person they want to be noticed and some and i mean majority think this is how to do it.
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Most minors would see it on TV. Many minors do exactly what they see on Mtv and VH1 and other channels that sponsors this type of behavior. Also, they would go with a friend that their parents trust. This is an example of why the parents should monitor the minor's friends as well.

It is the job of the parents to make sure their child by the time he/she has reached adulthood is ready to co exist with the world around them. If the parents let them do whatever they want the child would not be able to sustain a job because the person would be rebelious and would not follow the rules. The child would also most likely be put in jail for for fighting or doing drugs, which is what most of the rappers and rock music promote. It is for the child's own good.

Then it is the duty of the parents to make sure the child goes to a school such as private schoolsand home schooling that don't exspose the child to this. The parents are soully charged with making sure their children are educated in the best possible way.

True the majority of minors want to be noticed and they choose to dress provocatively, but this in know way justifies the parents leting them do this. The parents should instill good values like getting repect for who they are, not for what they dress like , or for who they can inpersonate.

In conclusion, The parents have every right and reason to monitor what their children are doing, watching, listening too,etc.
AvalonClaire

Pro

I would be certain that more people in the world are not actually bothered by this display , and the people that are just love a good moan!
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

My opponent is clearly saying that just because everybody else is doing something that is clearly bad and some what immature, the parents of the child should let them join because everybody else either is doing it themselves or doesn't care. This would be like everybody else is snorting cocain, so the parents of the child in a effort to make their child fit in let the child snort the coke with their friends. The parents are to make sure the child is ready to be successful and the type of culture that these kind of performances, these CDs, and these clothes promote are a threat to that. If the child grows up into an adult with full rights then they can act a dress any way they want, but while they are children and teens their parents are the ones responsible for them.

In conclusion, the parents have every right and reason to monitor what their children are doing, watching, listening too,etc.
AvalonClaire

Pro

You are putting words into my mouth , I did not say or nor did i suggest that i think its acceptable i just think there is nothing society can do about it there for why do people moan because its just going to carry on.

Also my opponant holds a skunk avatar which suggests that you are also influenced byu this mature content so therefore you have no reason to be against this when your going for it !
Deathbeforedishonour

Con

Not everyone is just moaning about the problem. The parents who are raising the children up right and making sure they don't get into something that is clearing bad for their underdeveloped minds are not just using moaning they are backing up their words, and ask both your own parents and your grandparents and you will see that it works.

My opponent has no piont in her claim. I made it perfectly clear in the comment section that I am Pro. However, I wanted to argue on the side of Con. I am using the traditional Con arguments that have been used for a long time.

Vote Con!
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 6 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
No I didnt i thought up the only logical explination.
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 6 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
You like copied what I argued Con.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by AvalonClaire 6 years ago
AvalonClaire
what is your argument
Deathbeforedishonour
hah i change my mind I except (:
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 6 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
make it 3 rounds
Posted by AvalonClaire 6 years ago
AvalonClaire
So am i
Deathbeforedishonour
I would debate this but I am too pro.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
AvalonClaireDeathbeforedishonourTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate should have only been three rounds. Pro only gave a few sentences in the later rounds. 3:1 Con.
Vote Placed by Phoenix_Reaper 6 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
AvalonClaireDeathbeforedishonourTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro lacked counter arguments and argument skills in general. Not refuting/rebutting/challenging Cons claims head on.