johnlubba
thedon22

Re-incarnation should be considered more likely than not on a rational basis.

johnlubba

Pro

I will argue that re-incarnation should be considered more likely than not on a rational basis, meaning it is more rational to believe reincarnation is more likely and it is irrational to believe it isn't likely.......I am talking about re-incarnation of humans although it applies to all living entities this debate will focus strictly on humans beings being reincarnated, and I will not have to prove the basis of animals also being re-incarnated.

I have made this debate impossible to accept anybody who wishes to debate this topic must leave a comment in the comments section and I will chose a debater who has an established profile rather than somebody who enjoys trolling,

Accepting this debate without my consent will result in a full seven points forfeit to my opponent.
thedon22

Con

Reincarnation is the belief that one will rejuvenate oneself after death into a different life form. This is pretty simple to refute. When you die your cells decompose and scatter variously across the earth. Science has already proven that your brain creates consciousness. And different products of your brain (speech, personality, etc..) are in located in different parts of your brain. So if separated, you will not be you. Psychosurgery has proven this since the beginning of lobotomies hundreds of years ago, and it will not change. So on a basic rational basis even if your brain (which is what makes your conscious) is separated, as it does when you die. You will not come back or "re-incarnate" as a new organism. So rationally, scientifically, and philosophically there is no logic in re-incarnation.
johnlubba

Pro

@ Thedon22, I am afraid you failed to read my opening round correctly, I stated that if you accept this debate without my consent, then you are eligible for a full seven points forfeit,. And as much as I fully appreciate your reply, I have already chosen my opponent in the comments section, as Thett3....As I am willing to debate Thett3 on this topic, and I have to delve deep to establish my case against Thett3, then taking this debate with you will only hinder my progress... I am sorry but you failed to notice the rule I established to begin with.
thedon22

Con

maybe we could debate another topic then.
johnlubba

Pro

That is very humble of you, so I will request that this debate be a tie instead, I have no interest in gaining a win without a proper debate, also I would love to debate another topic but as I have stated already I will need to give my full attention to the debate I already have going with Thett3....

Thanks anyway....

I think we should continue this debate by posting the words,

both voters have agreed to tie this debate.
thedon22

Con

Nor do I have any interest in gaining a win without your full attention. So I also agree to a tie.
johnlubba

Pro

Both debaters have agreed to tie this debate.
Posted by enogueira 3 years ago
enogueira
@yoyopizza

Also please keep in mind that I said rebirth. There is a big difference between rebirth and reincarnation. I will not argue for reincarnation.
Posted by enogueira 3 years ago
enogueira
@yoyopizza

Let's do it. Start a new debate and send me an invite.
Posted by yoyopizza 3 years ago
yoyopizza
y did it post twice?
Posted by yoyopizza 3 years ago
yoyopizza
@enogueira, I would debate you on this, I'm an atheist as well and don't see a reason you could have an "atheistic" view of reincarnation
Posted by yoyopizza 3 years ago
yoyopizza
Posted by enogueira 3 years ago
enogueira
I can debate the Pro of this argument and put up a good fight. I have a secular, atheistic idea of rebirth that is logical.
Posted by yoyopizza 3 years ago
yoyopizza
nevermind i saw you accepted thett's
Posted by yoyopizza 3 years ago
yoyopizza
I also would like to debate you, but it seems some others may have gotten here first. Hope that I am chosen!
Posted by InVinoVeritas 3 years ago
InVinoVeritas
I can debate this.
Posted by thett3 3 years ago
thett3
Okay. I leave for vacation on the 11th, but we should have plenty of time to finish before then
Vote Placed by thett3 3 years ago
thett3
johnlubbathedon22Tied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB Americanpsycho. If anyone should win it's Pro as Con didn't read the opening round where Pro stated he would choose his opponent. As it stands both asked for a tie.
Vote Placed by americanpsycho22 3 years ago
americanpsycho22
johnlubbathedon22Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con had an argument.
Vote Placed by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
johnlubbathedon22Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Never mind,