sarah.zhang123
IllogicalThinker

Reading is more important than math

IllogicalThinker

sarah.zhang123

Pro

Reading includes vocabulary, when reading a math problem, you must know what all the words mean. You will use reading more than you use math later in life.
IllogicalThinker

Con

Your argument is flawed from the beginning. I will dissect your argument and prove it wrong

"Reading includes vocabulary, when reading a math problem, you must know what all the words mean."
Using your definition of vocabulary(you know what the word means) you prove yourself wrong. People have to know what words mean to be able to have a conversation, and many people can talk without being able to read. As you can still have vocabulary without reading, the ability to read is not necessary to do a math problem. Also most math problems do not have words in them so vocabulary is not required to read them. Although you said problems, I can see that you might have meant story problems which do have words in them. This is wrong as you assume that being able to do story problems is important, which outside of school it is unlikely for you to do them.

"You will use reading more than you use math later in life."
This is dependent on what profession someone will have. There are people who have ran businesses, invented things, etc...., without being able to read.

Pro gives unsupported facts, and gives one flawed example of what reading can do. They then state a statement that is dependent on who the person is. Pro in no way proves that reading is more important then math in their statement.
sarah.zhang123

Pro

I concede
IllogicalThinker

Con

My opponent conceded.
sarah.zhang123

Pro

We can all see that!
IllogicalThinker

Con

OK vote for me as my oppenent gave up.
Posted by IllogicalThinker 1 year ago
IllogicalThinker
I did not insult you in anyway I just stated that your argument was wrong if you want to end this debate you can put I concede on your argument and we can be done with this.
Posted by sarah.zhang123 1 year ago
sarah.zhang123
you know what? I want to CANCEL THIS DEBATE because now you are just being rude. Your argument teased and insulted me in public. I just want to cancel this, but I can't! PLEASE STOP INSULTING ME IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reported your argument already so, I don't think I'll need to worry about it anymore. BUT STILL. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by sarah.zhang123 1 year ago
sarah.zhang123
Whaddya mean?
Posted by IllogicalThinker 1 year ago
IllogicalThinker
Can you tell me how you would like the debate to go?
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
sarah.zhang123IllogicalThinkerTied
Reasons for voting decision: As Pro conceded all of Con's arguments, arguments goes to Con.