AryzDany
sonofathena

Reading traditional story books is better than reading technological books.

AryzDany

Pro

Traditional books here means books that are made from paper. And technological books is defined as books in iPads, Tabs, Phones, etc. First Round is for acceptance only.
sonofathena

Con

Sure! I accept your challenge! How do you feel debating against a 15 year old?
AryzDany

Pro

Not a problem at all. I believe that everyone has a voice, old or young. And age doesn't define a person. If i'm not as good as expected, apologies.
Moving along with the debate.
My first point is reading traditional books help to reader to appreciate the that they have more. Hence, creating a sentimental value for the readers.
Secondly is, reading traditional books gives a certain satisfaction for the readers when they buy books that they are really interested about. It would also give satisfaction to have a library of books in our own home for us to showcase after reading them.
Lastly, the books that we have read can be used for our children and their children, the future generation. Therefore, reading books not only is good for us, it can also benefit other people.
sonofathena

Con

Thank you for your warm welcome, and don't worry, since I'm really nervous about debating against Batman himself.
Moving on...

When the Sumerians have invented the first alphabet in Mesopotamia, mankind has depended on stones for literature. When the Egyptians needed somewhere to write which is light and mobile, they invented the papyrus, the first ever paper. When the Greeks needed somewhere to write their playwrights, different laws of science, and economic statistics, they used scrolls. The Chinese learned to use wood blocks to copy writings, their influences used wood as well.

But now, I believe that the time has come to progress...

You are saying that it is pleasing to the eye to see a library filled with books, I agree, It's a nice view and it helps boost self esteem, but if that's your defense, then it's not really "reading" the books that matter, but "showcasing" them. You are defining traditional books as "collectibles" and not as "literature materials"

Also, I do not agree with what you say about books being used by the children of your children, since in terms of preservation, books are pretty... fragile. In the technological books' side though, we are sure that it will improve at a constant pace, so I'm confident to say that these kind of books will be the first choice of the future generation.

Normally, I would end my opening debate with a question:
"Are you ready to face the future, or are you still condemned to the past?"
AryzDany

Pro

The PAST it is!!! But of course, Batman would be no match against the goddess of wisdom in battle. Haha. (I'm kinda afraid of you now)
Moving on...
In the topic of modernizing, all can see clearly that my opponent has won the argument. And there is no point for me to rebut on that.
Moving to the topic about Health. Modern gadgets has been proven to give out radiation signals that can be harmful to the users. A person could die just by reading and using a technological book.
While traditional books emits.... well, absolutely nothing. Hence is better for the health of the users.
Would you as human beings give a disease that would kill the person you love slowly or would provide reading materials that are not only safe and knowledgeable to the hands of your love ones?
sonofathena

Con

Yes... I would take the risk... If it's for the good and the progression of humanity, then why not?

You see, anything can kill, and everything will be gone. You, me, the earth, and even the universe has it's end. Would you let a simple problem stop the process of innovation?

As Leo Valdez have said in the book "The House Of Hades", everything broken is fixable by time. I believe that when the time comes, we will know longer fear the possibility of being harmed by technology, and I also believe that one day, traditional books will hurt more than e-books.

If you fear death brought by technology, are you willing to stop progress?
AryzDany

Pro

AryzDany forfeited this round.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.